SAIT Polytechnic: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) was established in the year 1916 in Calgary, Canada. It is a University that offers several courses and applied knowledge to the students who take admission in it as Canada is known for offering several courses to the students and also career programs as well as several other educational courses in the world.
SAIT is a polytechnic Institute that caters to the preferences of students and offers 100 career programs in technology trade and business. It is known for providing applied education. The Institute has four off-campus locations catering to the needs of students in different fields. The polytechnic as the name suggests offers practical knowledge in different unique fields. It is ranked among the top 50 Universities in Canada and among the top 5% of the most prestigious educational institutes in the world by QS.
|Student Retention rate||94.8%|
|Cost of living||788-1,327 CAD/Month|
|Number of Students||11,023 full time|
|Number of teachers||More than 1500 specialists|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Number of schools||8 schools|
|Medium of instructions||English|
|Domestic Tuition fee||681.20 CAD|
|International Tuition fee||1,141.20 CAD|
- SAIT Polytechnic has four off-campus locations located in Calgary itself. They include:
- Mayland Heights campus- The areas include Construction Carpentry, Cabinet maker, Bricklayer, Concrete Finisher, etc.
- Art Smith Aero Centre- The campus is basically a training and technology campus.
- Culinary campus- The campus as the name suggests provides the students fundamentals and basics of cooking.
- Crane and Ironworker facility- The facility is for fully maintaining a crane shop and a facility for the ironworkers of Calgary introduced by SAIT.
- The SAIT Polytechnic has several courses and the Institute enhances students’ knowledge in these fields by separating the area of education into 8 different schools promoting different subjects.
Programs offered by SAIT Polytechnic
- The Polytechnic offers 39% out of the total programs on engineering and technology, 23% for business, management and economics, 13% in the stream of arts and 25% catering to other subjects and disciplines.
- The polytechnic provides several bachelor’s degree programs as well as courses traditional too as well as several new, special, and unique courses and programs. Some of the popular programs include Financial planning process and estate planning, Graphic communication studies, Pharmacy Concepts, etc.
- Some of the popular courses include: Bachelor’s of business administration, Cooking and Baking, Business intelligence-Data analysis, etc.
- The polytechnic offers 450+ online courses, 8000+ online learners annually, and 220+ online instructors for its distance education part of the institute.
- SAIT provides campus residence, as well as the students, can prefer living in Calgary too. The central building offers facilities like houses, food-outlets, etc called the Stan Grad centre.
- On-Campus residence- SAIT offers affordable and safe accommodations for the students.
- Facilities like laundry, gym, yoga studio, library, art rooms, study lounges, etc for all the students are provided.
- The residence also includes suits with all the facilities of furniture and other appliances.
- The private suit costs 3,370 CAD per semester per student for 1,080 square feet i.e. four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
SAIT Admission requirements and process
Admission at SAIT Polytechnic requires additional documents from international applicants. Application requirements for various programs are given below.
|Time period||Application Open||Semester begins|
|Fall||August 1||September 8|
|Spring||April 1||May 4|
|Winter||December 1||Jan 6|
- SAIT Polytechnic opens the admissions in the Fall Start and continues until the Spring start. Different programs have different time periods for their admission process.
- The application fee charged is 75.00 CAD once for each program enrolment.
- Percentage required in schools and the other major requirements are different for all courses:
- A 65% record or a cumulative GPA of minimum 2.3 is required for the Bachelor’s of business administration.
- Other courses require a minimum of 50%.
- A common requirement in all the courses is the English proficiency.
- Admission into the Institute is determined on the academic records.
- Graduate employment rate in the institute is 94%
Criteria of selection are not the same for different courses and to meet up to the suitability of the program the students may need to give supplementary documentation or additional information to be submitted. This includes:-
- Career investigation report
- Required tests
- Ranking (used by some programs)
Cost of Attendance
Attending SAIT Polytechnic can cost an international student the following approximately:
|Average cost of tuition||18,112.00 CAD|
|Cost of living||11,000.00 CAD|
|Application fee||75.00 CAD|
For international students, the tuitions fees will be:
|SAIT Fees||Total in CAD|
|Universal transit pass||310|
|Health and dental||460|
|Student support fee||100|
|Student technology fee||100|
The optional course enrollment would increase the fees and may include a security deposit of 400 CAD.
Financial Aids for the students
- SAIT Polytechnic helps the students of Canada through the Student Loan. To enable this loan, the student should be a resident of Canada or a citizen of Canada.
- The Student Loan can be provided under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. If the student is a resident, then the aid is in the form of a Student loan.
SAIT Polytechnic provides its alumni with several perks of graduation from the polytechnic.
- They provide their alumni with preferred rates on home, auto, and life insurance, it also provides the SAIT Career advancement services, Discounted fitness membership at SAIT, Alumni publications, Alumni contests, and other campus services.
- They also publish a LINK Magazine for the alumni and their success stories.
- Some of the notable alumni include Robert Alford (politician), Ted Godwin (Officer of the Order of Canada), David Joseph (Basketball coach), Caia Morstad (Volleyball player), Jonathan Scott (Co-host of Property Brothers) and several others.
- SAIT provides a My Career Hub to all the students and the alumni for getting themselves updated through the online platform for the career-related activities.
- Also it provides with the co-curricular records and enables students to upload them.
- For the students and the alumni, the My Career Hub provides a platform for them to apply for various jobs available for the SAIT students. They can check their jobs according to their co-curricular records.
- The median starting salary for the courses is different for each. Example- For BBA (45,000 CAD), Diploma in Electrical Engineering (54,000 CAD), etc.
- Due to COVID-19, the Polytechnic has suspended the use of some auxiliary services and has removed the fee from the whole amount including U pass and recreation fee. Contact- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the students’ convenience, the University has asked their professors and instructors to prepare videos and live lectures for the students in different parts of the world.
- The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) is also active to provide funds to the students in case they have lost their income during this phase.
- The student emergency fund is also provided by the polytechnic for both domestic as well as international students.
The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT Polytechnic) is primarily a skills promoting institute that offers a wide variety of courses. The requirements of the University includes having a University transit pass with the students, mark sheets required in certain courses, student visa, and others.
The Office of the registrar can be reached through the email email@example.com and can be used to know about the procedure change if any.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.sait.ca/admissions/how-to-apply/apply
QS World University
Tourism and Hospitality(International)
I love Calgary as a city! I moved here to pursue a career as a legal assistant and maybe to pursue a job as a lawyer. It's different from my little farm back in Saskatchewan and I moved out here to try and start a new life.
Course Curriculum :
Very good. I think I am learning so much through the teachers who have experience in the field that I am learning about and they make the course material make sense and make us understand why exactly we are learning and how it will help us in our chosen field.
They help you find a job after graduation by placing you in a practicum. It is not guaranteed you will get a job, but most places hire because you will already be trained. Also, it was a pretty quick course.
Course Curriculum :
Helpful for when I'm out in the field but doesn't help too much when It comes to hands-on. Mostly knowledge-based. Sometimes they taught too much stuff that we wouldn't really do outside in a clinic. Especially in the first semester.
The degree I had currently taken is only offered by SAIT and is the only one of its type in Western Canada. My grades weren't good enough to get into engineering, specifically civil engineering to become a project manager, so this seemed like a good route to take.
Course Curriculum :
I think the curriculum is fairly well-devised, there is a substantial amount of overlapping content between some courses but they're fixing that and I find it increased the depth of understanding. The curriculum was devised with aid from companies in the construction industry so it is fairly relevant.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary