SAIT Polytechnic or The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology is a public-non-profit center for higher education. It provides action-based learning and skills-oriented, post-secondary education in Calgary, AB.
Why choose SAIT Polytechnic?
Ranking and Standing
- UniRank Canada Rank: 58
- UniRank World Rank: 1696
- Webometrics Canada Rank: 111
- Webometrics World Rank: 6517
- UNIPAGE Canada Rank: 88
- UNIPAGE World Rank: 5865
- SAIT Polytechnic ranked at 14 with a total of $5,487 research income in Research Infosource Inc.’s 2017 list of Canada’s top 50 research colleges.
Key features of SAIT Polytechnic
- An average of 90% of 2017 graduates are employed
- 100% employment in 17 of SAIT programs
- Student inclusion in applied research and innovative projects directly connected to industries
- 1:20 Faculty-student ratio
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Enrollment per year*||26,000+|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Undergraduate Canadian Students||CAD 1,273 – CAD 13,500|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Undergraduate International Students||CAD 4,595 - CAD 28,031|
|Test Scores accepted (For courses instructed in English)||ILETS, TOEFL|
*Number of enrollment includes students of full-time courses, part-time courses, certificate courses and apprentices.
Explore the campuses and Learning centers of SAIT Polytechnic
SAIT Polytechnic runs at three campuses all located in Calgary.
- Mayland Heights
- Culinary Campus
- Baking and cooking fundamentals are taught here.
- It also acts as market place, selling food to general public.
- Art Smith Aero Centre
- It is located at Calgary International Airport
- This campus is the base of School of Transportation.
Residence at SAIT Polytechnic
- The residence suites of SAIT offer security to the students.
- They are convenient for classes as well as provide necessary services.
- These suites offer secure and happening community to live in.
- Modern architectural towers at the northern corner of the campus offers different floor plans as per liking of students.
Choose from different programs and courses
- SAIT offers programs covering eight major areas, viz-
- Health Public Safety
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information and Communications Technologies
- Manufacturing and Automation
- Foundation course for English and Academic upgrading courses are also available to benefit students lagging in those particular area.
|BBA||Bachelor of Science Construction Project Management|
|Bachelor of Applied Business Administration||Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering|
|Bachelor of Applied Technology Geographic Information systems|| --|
|Aircraft Structures Technician||Database Administrator|
|Dental Assisting||Cyber Security for control systems|
|Diesel Equipment Technician||Emergency Medical Technician|
|Machinist technician||Medical Device Reprocessing Technician|
|Non-Destructive Testing Foundations||Object Oriented Software Development|
|Power and Process Operations||Railway Conductor|
|Web Developer||Welding Technician|
|Technology Infrastructure Analyst|| --|
Apart from this, SAIT Polytechnic provides 33 Diploma programs
Research and Innovation at SAIT Polytechnic:
- Applied Research and Innovation Services (ARIS) at SAIT brings industry and education together.
- Together they develop and innovate novel technologies with cooperation of researchers, faculty and students.
- Research areas include:
- Green Building Technology
- Clean Energy
- Material design and development
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Information Technology
- Pipeline Construction and Monitoring
- With a total of 244 industry partners, 250 student researchers SAIT each year averages CAD 7.1 million in research funding.
- It has 90 research prototypes
All you need to know about the Application Process
- Secondary School Certificate and marksheet (Grade 10)
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate and Marksheet (Grade 12)
- May need to provide verification letter from school indicating the language of instruction.
- Explanation of the grading scale often found on the back or the front page of certifications or transcripts.
- Language test result.
How, when and where to apply?
- Visit the official website of SAIT.
- Read the programs requirement carefully on the web
- Go through “How to apply checklist” on the web
- Select the program
- Apply online by visiting Alberta Post-secondary
The applicants are required to pay an application fee of CAD 75.
English Proficiency Requirement
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||80 (IBT), with 20 in each category|
|International English language testing system (IELTS)||6.0 in each skill|
|Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CLBA)||8.0 in all sections|
What it costs to study at SAIT Polytechnic?
Tuition and other mandatory fees:
|All full-time Programs||CAD 4,595 - CAD 28,031|
|English Language Foundations (ELF)||CAD 2,680.56 per eight-week session|
|Books, lab materials||CAD 200 - CAD 1,000 per semester|
|Recreational /athletic fee||CAD 80 per semester|
|Student Association fee||CAD 144 per semester|
|Transit Fee (limitless public transit use)||CAD 140 per semester|
|Health Plan||CAD 125 per academic year|
|Dental Plan||CAD 110 per academic year|
Residency at SAIT Polytechnic:
|Studio Apartments||CAD 4,260 – CAD 5,080 per semester|
|Two Bedrooms, One Bathroom Shared Suites||CAD 3,500 – CAD 4,060 per semester|
|One bedroom, one-bathroom suites||CAD 5,060 per semester|
|Four Bedrooms, two bathrooms shared suites||CAD 3,360 per semester|
- Non-refundable CAD 50 application fee
Note: CAD 250 refundable security deposit is a mandatory payment.
Scholarship and awards to help students fund their education
Generosity of donors, ensures SAIT to offer over CAD 5 million in awards to students enrolled in almost every program. SAIT recognizes student’s academic success, financial needs, community involvement with awards and aids.
- Bisset Bursary Program: Full tuition fee to high school graduates in financial need and demonstrates an interest in continuing education.
- Additional funding options are available, visit link to get more information regarding eligibility and timelines.
Alumni Perks and Awards
- Annually SAIT recognizes commendable contribution of alumni under two categories:
- Distinguished Alumni Award Recipients
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award Recipients
Perks of being a SAIT Polytechnic alumnus
- Partner Benefits, Perks and Services
- High-value products and services at low group rates.
- Primarily offers dental, health and life insurance services.
- ATB financial and the SAIT Honors Rewards MasterCard
- Additional benefits, rewards without an annual fee
- SAIT Wellness Centre Membership
- Family access to pool, gym, weight room, and other facilities at discounted rates.
- Free access to SAIT career fairs, job listings through My Career Hub, employment workshops, consultations etc.
- Lifetime access to Reg Erhardt Library
- Free subscription of Link magazine and Alumni Connect Newsletter