International Student Tution
- The University of British Columbia(UBC) offers a Master of Science in Nursing with a duration of 2 years.
- Students also have the option to chose the program as Course-based or Research-based.
- The course-based program is 16 months(30 credits)and Research-based is 2 years(30 credits) program.
- The main components of the Course-based program are Coursework and capstone project.
- The main components of the Research-based program are Coursework and thesis.
- The Course-based program structure including:
- 9 credits in core courses
- 3 credit elective course
- 6 credits in a required capstone course
- The objectives of the MN Course-based program are to prepare nurses who are innovative, creative, evidence-informed problem-solvers who can collaboratively lead interprofessional teams.
- The Research-based program structure including:
- 9 credits in core courses (NRSG 500, NRSG 504, NRSG 505)
- 6 credits in required research coursework (NRSG 506, NRSG 507)
- 3 credits in focus courses (to be selected by student)
- 12 credits in thesis
- The objectives of the MN Research-based program are to prepare nurses who are innovative, creative, evidence-informed problem-solvers who can collaboratively lead interprofessional teams.
- The University of British Columbia ranked as the 45th best university in the world in the QS World University Rankings.
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students can be registered Nurse with a baccalaureate degree, normally in nursing.
- Students must have a minimum overall average of B+ (76%) standing in third- and fourth-year levels of their baccalaureate with an A- (80%) in 12 credits of nursing courses.
- Students to the research-based stream require successful completion of an undergraduate university or graduate university statistics course in the past five years as pre-requisite, or approval of the School of Nursing Graduate Coordinator.
- If English is not the students’ first language then they must provide proof of English competency.
Indian students requirements:
- Students required a bachelor’s degree with 65% marks or 8 on a 10-point scale.
- Students required a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Forestry, or Medicine.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts - The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of bachelor's and higher secondary degree.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
6.5 / 9
Avg. Score in
90 / 120
Avg. Score in
310 / 340
Avg. Score in
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
Ranked #32/ 100
Nursing [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UBC Graduate Support Initiative (GSI) Awards|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|UBC Graduate Dean’s Entrance Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship|| $1,385 || Yes || 30 Apr, 2020 |
|Aga khan Foundation Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 31 Mar, 2020 |
|Go Clean Scholarship|| $3,500 || Yes || 31 Dec, 2020 |
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 30 Sep, 2020 |
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 09 Mar, 2020 |
|Bharat Petroleum Scholarship 2020|| Variable || Yes || N/A |
|Paul Foundation scholarships|| $20,174 || Yes || N/A |
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship|| Variable || Yes || 30 Aug, 2020 |
|(ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarships|| Variable || Yes || 19 Feb, 2021 |
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management|| Variable || Yes || 01 Apr, 2020 |
|FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship|| $20,000 || Yes || N/A |
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program|| $150 || Yes || N/A |
|BrokerFish International student scholarship|| $1,000 || Yes || 21 Dec, 2020 |
|Ontario Graduate Fellowship|| $8,459 || Yes || N/A |
VISA & Work Study
- Student Visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- The student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign nationals to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Student Visa Process:
- Apply for admission with a DLI, pay the tuition fees and receive an acceptance letter from the DLI.
- Check if a study permit is required. eTA is required for all international applicants who wish to travel to Canada.
- Prepare all the documents required for applications
- Purchase GIC
- Apply for the applications
- Undertake the medical exams
- Schedule biometric appointment and interview.
- Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year and full-time during scheduled breaks as per work-study norms.
- If their program does not have scheduled breaks, they will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
- An immigration officer may apply conditions on the type of work students may perform.
- For example, they must pass an immigration medical examination before they begin work in health care, child care, or primary or secondary education.
Career and Placement after Course
After this course, students would be:
- Critical care nurse
- Emergency nurse
- Hospice/palliative care nurse
- Labour and delivery staff nurse
- Neonatal nurse
- Nephrology nurse
- Nurse educator
- Nurse executive