Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Bhubaneswar is a well known and reputed college of KIIT University. It was established in 2004. It became deemed university with the approval of Universities Grants Commission (UGC) of India and Medical council of India. The college offers MBBS and MD course at the Postgraduate level
- It has three branches- Medical college, Hospital and Biotechnology unit
- Dr. Achyuta Samanta is the founder of college. He has been mentioned and renowned among top 15 industrialists of the world
- The institute is well furnished with all modern facilities and is spread over an area of 400 acres in the main city
- The institute offers 150 seats annually for MBBS course and has dedicated and enthusiastic teaching staff as well students. Sidharth Sritam Pattnaik who has been awarded in 2013 with Dr. Gobind Chandra Senapati Memorial Gold Medal by Indian Academy of Pediatrics for getting 2nd highest marks in final examination, is one of the noticeable students of the institute
- It has 21 academic departments like anatomy, physiology, Pathology, Biochemistry etc.
- Admission in college is based on merit on the basis of KIITEE 2014, an all India entrance test conducted by KIIT University
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences has got accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL). KIMS is the first medical college and hospital to get this accreditation in Odisha
Department courses are:
- Dental surgery and many more
- The College provides numerous In-campus hostel amenities to its students, faculty members and research scholars. Recently, it has added 700 more beds to its hospital and become the hospital with total of 1300 beds. Apart of this, College has exclusive hostel, Library, Internet and sports facilities for its students.
Library- Library plays a very crucial role for the academic framework of any institution. Kalinga Institute as a part of KIIT University has digital library access to its well- pile library facilities. KIMS library is spread out in a four storied building and has collection of
- 1184 books and 150 journals
- Provides various services like Meddlers search, Internet facility, Reprography services, Current awareness services, Selective Dissemination of information services, Newspaper clipping services, E library
- Digital library has GSDL software. Library is in the process of being automated through a corporate edition of Web Centric 'LS Premia' in Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition 5.0 platform and RDBMS backend in MYSQL.
Sports Infrastructure- The College has provided all types of indoor and outdoor games facilities to the students. It has one of the prevalent in-campus indoor stadiums which include table tennis board, badminton court and Yoga centre. Furthermore, college has large outdoor sports area for games like rugby, basketball, cricket and many more
- Ranking of any college depends upon its high quality education along with well intellectual teachers. The Kalinga college has increased its level to great extent its KIIT University comes under top 15 universities of India that makes it the most reputed and renowned college of India
- According to Mumbai Mainline Media survey, it comes under top 30 reputed colleges of India
- It has been ranked as 18th among all private colleges
- It has been ranked as 7th for placements by Outlook India in 2009