Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 1999. The college is affiliated to Dr N.T.R, University of Health Science and approved by the Medical Science of India.
- It is accredited with "A" Grade by National Accreditation Council
- The college accommodates 150 students in PG courses
- The hospital and college spread over 30 acres of land
- The KIMS Campus is located at Sreepuram, Narketpally, Nalgonda Dist. on the 89th KM from Hyderabad and 190th KM from Vijayawada on the National Highway-9
- The college facilitates 12 Operation Theatres, a Post Operative Ward, Acute Medical Care Unit, Intensive Coronary Care Unit (ICCU), Respiratory Intensive Care Unit (RICU), Paediatrics Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Acute Surgical Care Unit (ASCU)
- In 2009, a project called Swasthya09 was initiated by the Kamineni students and staff to provide medical care and health awareness to the rural people
- The institution has a well-equipped 1060 bedded super specialty teaching hospital
- The prize-giving ceremony is held on a day special and important to the institution, known as De-Addiction Day, held in the first week of August each year marking the establishment of a De-Addiction Center in the Kamineni Hospitals
- NSS- NSS unit with 100 students who are actively involved in programs like social work, health and hygiene awareness, AID awareness campaign, environmental awareness campaign etc.
- Primary Health Care activities – It includes activities like Reproductive Child Health care (RCH), Immunizations and rural based health education with special emphasis on hazards of alcoholism, smoking, AIDs etc.
- Health Camps- Institute organizes various Health Camps independently and also by collaborating with various NGOs, CBOs, and Government Health Agencies to create awareness amongst masses. An IEC stall, targeting various health and social issues, is the common feature in all the camps
The college central library, Sahithi, has collection of over 12,000 Books, 197 Indian & Foreign Journals and 895 e-Journals Periodicals, Interactive Multimedia CD-ROM's and e-books.
The college has an auditorium with seating capacity of 350 people.
There are five girls' hostels Samhitha, Samskruthi, Samyuktha, Samatha and Sathbhavana and a boys Samyami Hostel. The hostels are equipped with treated drinking water supply and coolers.