The Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology Berhampore (formerly known as the College of Textile Technology Berhampore) is a college of West Bengal University of Technology. The Government College of Engineering & Textile Technology started in central jail at Berhampore on 19 july,1927 as Govt. Silk weaving and Dyeing Institute to train local workers.
- In 1940 college was renamed as Bengal Technological institute with introduction to 3 year diploma course in textile technology.
- In 1958, college upgraded level of degree to B.Sc. under University of Culcutta
- In 1990 college transferred to University of Kalyani
- In 1998 college offers B.Tech in Textile Technology approved by AICTE
- In 2004 textile technology department of college was accredited by NBA
- Now college offers 4 Undergraduate and a post graduate courses
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Textile Technology
Placements: College has good placement records. Various companies came here for campus recruitemnet.
No. of placements(CSE)
- Library: library offers wide range of technological, course books and journals. Total no. of books are 12,600 out of which 3711 are of textile technology.
- Hostel: College hostel is a four storied building which can accommodate 100 students. College has only one boys hostel.
- ALFRESCO is the technical and cultural fest of GCETTB in which various technical events took place.
- Merit cum maintenance scholarship,
- SC/ST scholarship
- Minority scholarship Grant from Chief Minister Relief fund,
- Scholarships from various trusts and societies