Table of Contents
WBUT PGET 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
WBUT PGET (West Bengal University of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test) is a state-level engineering entrance test conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal for admission to M.Tech and M.Pharm programs.
- WBUT PGET 2020 Application Forms are expected be available on the official website in 3rd week of June 2020.
- WBUT PGET 2020 is expected to be conducted in last week of July 2020.
- Candidate needs to be an Indian citizen and must possess a valid Bachelor’s Degree to appear in the exam.
|WBUT PGET Admit Card||WBUT PGET Exam Pattern||WBUT PGET Results|
- WBUT PGET 2020 Admit Card will be released online on the official website.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Interview and performance in the entrance test.
WBUT PGET 2020 Merit List is prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam, Technical Interview and GATE/GPAT score. Only qualified candidates will be called for WBUT PGET 2020 counselling process.
WBUT PGET 2020 Highlights
|Name of Test||West Bengal University of Technology Post Graduate Entrance Test 2020|
|Commonly known as||WBUT PGET 2020|
|Conducted by||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Courses offered||M. Tech and M. Pharm|
|Frequency of exam||Once in a year|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
WBUT PGET 2020 Exam Dates
WBUT PGET 2020 is expected to be conducted in the Last week of July 2020. However, the application process is started in 3rd week of June 2020. Let’s take a look at the expected schedule of WBUT PGET 2020: -
|Start of receiving applications through online form||3rd week of June 2020|
|Last date of filling the online form||1st week of July 2020|
|Availability of Admit card starts from||2nd week of July 2020|
|Date of Examination||last week July 2020|
WBUT PGET 2020 Eligibility
Candidates need to fulfill WBUT PGET 2020 eligibility criteria set by university to be eligible to apply. Here are the details of eligibility criteria for WBUT PGET 2020: -
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He or she must have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant stream, depending upon the course which candidate is opting.
- Candidates who are still in final year of their relevant graduation can also apply for the test.
- MSC students having degree in relevant principle can also apply for the test.
- Candidates who studied such relevant degree from Distance Education are ineligible.
WBUT PGET 2020 Application Form
WBUT PGET 2020 Application forms is available online from 3rd week of June 2020. Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only on university’s official website. Candidates need to send the Hard copy of duly filled application form to the University’s Office, before a stipulated date.
Here are the steps that candidate can follow to fill WBUT PGET 2020 Online Application Form: -
- Reach the official website of the University, which is www.wbut.ac.in.
- On the homepage, candidates will be able to see a notification flashing including these words ‘Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) 2020 for admission into M.Tech and M. Pharm under MAKAUT, WB.’ Candidates need to click on that link.
- Now a new page which will be providing all necessary details and links about WBUT PGET 2020 will open.
- To start filling the application form, candidates need to click on ‘Click here to apply online.’
- Now candidates need to fill the details as asked by the form and then upload their photograph and signature.
- Candidates are advised to once read and understand the guidelines for filling online form as mentioned on the same page.
- After filling the form, candidates may click on ‘Submit.’
- Candidates must carefully see all the details before clicking submit as details once submitted cannot be changed.
- This duly filled application form is to be printed and sent to the university along with some other documents, details of which are given below.
Here are some necessary things to be followed while sending the form to University’s Office: -
- Candidates need to have a demand draft issued in favor of WBUT PGET 2020. For general category candidates, the fee is INR 600 and for all other categories, it is INR 300. Candidates should write their application number and mobile number on the backside of draft.
- They must sign on the application form printed from the website.
- Applicants need to attach the self-attested copies of all educational qualifications achieved so far (starting from Class 10).
- Final year students can attach the self-attested copy of latest semester passed.
- They also need to attach self-attested copies of relevant caste or category certificates (if applicable).
- Candidates having a valid GATE/GPAT scores can also attach the self-attested copies of score card for the same.
The Address of University office is:
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, BF – 142, Sector Number – 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata (700064).
WBUT PGET 2020 Admit Card
WBUT PGET 2020 Admit Card will be made available on the official website. Admit card contains all the important details of exam. Candidate can follow the following steps for downloading WBUT PGET 2020 Admit Card: -
- Reach the official website of the University, www.wbut.ac.in.
- On the homepage, candidates will be able to see a notification flashing including these words ‘Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) 2020 for admission into MTECH and MPHARM under MAKAUT, WB.’ Candidates need to click on that link.
- Click here to download your “WBUT PGET 2020 Admit Card”
- After clicking on this, candidates will need to enter their Application Number along with other credentials asked (such as Date of Birth or Password) to download the admit card.
- Now candidates need to click on ‘Submit.’
- Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to download at least two copies of Admit Card in the colored format, for future purposes.
WBUT PGET 2020 Exam Center
Currently, candidates can appear for WBUT PGET 2020 in 5 cities, which are: -
Detailed address of exam center will be mentioned on the Admit Card of candidate for WBUT PGET 2020.
WBUT PGET 2020 Exam Pattern
WBUT PGET 2020 Exam Pattern is decided by the university. Here are the details of exam pattern of WBUT PGET 2020: -
- WBUT PGET 2020 will be conducted in Offline mode.
- Exam will contain a total of 30 questions.
- All the questions will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Candidates will be allotted a duration of 60 minutes to complete the test.
- There will be no negative marking in WBUT PGET 2020.
WBUT PGET 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for WBUT PGET 2020 is to be decided by university and is subject to changes. Current syllabus of WBUT PGET 2020 contains general analytical topics.
Candidates may study following topics for WBUT PGET 2020: -
- Basic Mathematics
- Reasoning topics such as Coding-Decoding, Number series, Sitting Arrangement etc.
- Basic engineering topics
- English topics such as Vocabulary, Grammar, Punctuation, reading comprehension etc.
Candidates must keep in mind that level of questions asked will be of Graduation Level.
WBUT PGET 2020 Results
Result for WBUT PGET 2020 will be declared soon after the conduction of exam. Candidates can view their result for WBUT PGET 2020 from the official website.
Candidates can use following steps to view the results of WBUT PGET 2020: -
- Go to the official website of the University, www.wbut.ac.in.
- In the latest announcements section, candidate can see the notification for WBUT PGET 2020 Result.
- After clicking on this link, candidate needs to enter his/her roll number and other credentials (such as date of birth or password) to view the result.
- After entering the details, click on view result.
- Result card will appear on the screen, candidates are advised to take a colored printout of this for future reference.
WBUT PGET 2020 Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum score or minimum rank which candidate needs to secure a seat in WBUT PGET 2020 counselling.
Here are the previous year cut offs of WBUT PGET for both the courses: -
|COURSE||CUT OFF RANK|
WBUT PGET 2020 Counselling
Qualified candidates are called for WBUT PGET 2020 counselling and technical interview. Candidates need to have a demand draft issued in favor of WBUT PGET of INR 500 as the counselling fee. Dates of counselling are allotted to clusters of ranks, for example 1-100, 101-250 etc., and candidates will be notified for the same.
Candidates must not forget to carry following documents while going for the counselling process: -
- Admit Card of WBUT PGET 2020
- Rank card of WBUT PGET 2020
- Original and self-attested copies of Class 10, 12 and graduate degrees.
- Original and self-attested copies of legal documents such as caste certificate, income certificate etc.
- Scorecard of GATE/GPAT (if any)
- Passport sized pictures of candidates
- The counselling fee of INR 5000 is to be paid for seat booking, if candidate does not take admission, this fee will not be refunded.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College