IFET College of Engineering was brought into existence by industrialists, NRIs and Indo French Educational Trust to enhance education and research in the field of Science and Technology. Due to sincere hard work of faculties and reformative leadership of trustees, the institute has made enormous progress since its inception to become a premier college of engineering in South India. It has achieved top position amongst engineering colleges in 7 districts of Tamilnadu.
IFET College of Engineering has been producing qualified engineers and researchers by imparting value-based education in their selected field of specialization. It provides a spectrum of options and opportunities to the students in the field of Engineering.
IFET College of Engineering Facts and Figures:
Year of Foundation
Anna University, Chennai
Spread over 15 acres of rural land
For Local Students of Tamilnadu:
Based on the marks of XII
Based on the marks of qualifying exams
Fully computerised library with latest collection and edition of:
Books: over 32300
E-learning via DELNET & British Council Library
- Hi-tech Computer lab with 8mbps leased line providing 24x7 internet facilities and loaded with over 20 latest application and office software.
- Also it is equipped with modern engineering labs.
Number of Companies visited during last year
over 35 reputed companies
% of students placed during last year
How to reach
- Nearest Metropolitan city is Chennai (150 kms)
- 21 minutes from Villupuram Junction, Tamilnadu
- 23 minutes from Villupuram Bus Stand.
Why to Join IFET College of Engineering?
1. Premier Institute of Engineering: The institute has bagged many esteemed awards for its excellent academic standards and research work. It has attained 45th Rank amongst 540 colleges in Tamilnadu. Its placement track record is consistent and satisfying. Kurukshetra Anna University has awarded it as ‘Best College of the year’.
2. Association and Anti-Ragging Committee: The College has an inbuilt Anti-Ragging committee to address any ragging issues of students. Its association with ISTE chapter is extremely helpful in gaining exposure on recent trends in this profession.