AP EAMCET 2019 Exam Dates, Application Form (Available), Admit Card and Syllabus
AP EAMCET 2019 is scheduled in the month of April in two sessions. Indian Nationals satisfying local/ non-local status as laid down by the Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana Govt. can apply for the examination. Check AP EAMCET Eligibility
Latest: AP EAMCET 2019 likely to get postponed as JEE Main (Paper 2) falls on the same day. Read about JEE Main Exam
The engineering and agriculture paper dates are as follows:
- AP EAMCET Engineering Exam – April 20, 21, 22 and 23, 2019
- AP EAMCET Agriculture Exam – April 23 and 24, 2019
- Both Streams – April 22 and 23, 2019
Registration window for AP EAMCET Exam has become functional from February 26, apply online at sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet. Know more
AP EAMCET is governed by JNTUK (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University), Kakinada on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). It is a state-level entrance exam offering admissions into various UG courses offered by colleges in Andhra Pradesh. For this session, there are 17 Government and 205 Private colleges accepting AP EAMCET Scores. Check AP EAMCET Participating Colleges
AP EAMCET 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates who wish to appear for AP EAMCET 2019 exam must keep a track of events and the same are tabulated below.
|Release of AP EAMCET Notification 2019||February 20, 2019|
|Availability of Application Form||February 26 – March 27, 2019|
|AP EAMCET 2019 Form Correction||April 6 – 10, 2019|
|Availability of AP EAMCET 2019 Admit Card||April 16, 2019 onwards|
|AP EAMCET 2019 Exam Date|
Slot 1 – 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Slot 2 – 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM
|Engg. Exam: April 20 – 23, 2019|
|Agr. Exam: April 23 & 24, 2019|
|Both Exams: April 22 & 23, 2019|
|Declaration of AP EAMCET 2019 Result||May 1, 2019|
Highlights of AP EAMCET 2019
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada on behalf of APSCHE|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|AP EAMCET Official Website||https://sche.ap.gov.in|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test – Check AP EAMCET Exam Pattern|
|Type & No. of Questions||Objective, 160 Questions|
|Validity of AP EAMCET Score||One year|
|AP EAMCET Helpdeskemail@example.com | 0884-2340535/ 0884-2356255|
AP EAMCET 2019 – Courses Offered
Tabulated below are the courses offered under AP EAMCET exam. MBBS and BDS admissions will be based on NEET scores and 5-year degree course in Architecture is based on NATA/JEE Main Paper II.
|B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)||B.Tech. (Agr. Engineering)|
|B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)||B.Sc. (Agriculture)|
|B.Sc. (Horticulture)||B.V.Sc. & A.H.|
|B.F.Sc||B.Pharmacy and Pharma.D.|
AP EAMCET Statistics
|AP EAMCET Paper||Registrations|
In the engineering stream, 79.74% (1,23, 974) of the candidates qualified in AP EAMCET. In the agriculture and pharmacy streams, 55,288 students qualified.
Similar Exam (Upcoming): TS EAMCET 2019
AP EAMCET Eligibility Criteria
The general eligibility criteria for applicants to appear in AP EAMCET 2019 are:
- Indian Nationals/PIO (Persons of Indian Origin)/OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) Card Holders are eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have completed 16 & 17 years of age as on December 31.
- Students belonging to Andhra Pradesh/Telangana must have domicile certificate.
- Applicants also need to meet the local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Education Institutions (Regulations of Admission) order, 1974.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board /University with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Botany and Zoology as compulsory subjects.
- Applicants who are appearing for the qualifying examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
Check detailed AP EAMCET Eligibility
It is mandatory that applicants fulfill all the above mentioned eligibility criteria. In case, it is found that information has been misrepresented in AP EAMCET Application Form 2019, the candidature is liable to be canceled.
How to Apply Online for AP EAMCET 2019?
The registration will begin from February 26, 2019 in online mode. Candidates can submit the form without late fee by March 27.
Steps to fill AP EAMCET Application Form
There are four major steps involved to apply namely Fee Payment, Know your Payment Status, Fill Application, Print Application Form.
Step 1 – Payment of Application Fee
This is the first step in the form filling procedure, only then a candidate will be able to proceed further. The pre-requisites are as follows:
|Application Fee (Stream)||Engineering (E )/ Agriculture (A) – INR 500|
|E & A (both streams) – INR 1000|
|Modes of Payment||Mode 1 – AP/ TS Online/ E-Seva/ Mee-Seva centers|
|Mode 2 – Credit/ Debit Card|
Note:An additional processing fee (including Taxes) INR 59 will have to paid by the candidate. The above-mentioned fee is excluding the processing fee.
Step 2 – Know your Payment Status
- Only after successful payment one can get access to the online form.
- Enter Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket No., Mobile No., DOB and select the stream.
- Click ‘Check Payment Status’ and check your timeline of application fee payment.
Step 3 - Filling AP EAMCET Application Form
This step can only be accessible to candidates who have successfully paid AP EAMCET application fee. In the online form, enter all the required details as listed below:
- Personal details – Name, DOB, Gender, Aadhar Card and Address
- Parents’ Information – Names and Income
- Educational details – 10th class marks, 12th class marks, year passing both classes, 1st – 12th study places.
- Uploading Documents – Scan and upload your passport size photograph and signature as per defined guidelines. Check AP EAMCET Guidelines for Photo & Sign
Step 4 – Print Application Form
After submitting the online form successfully, take a print out of the document for future correspondence.
Read more about AP EAMCET Application Form
AP EAMCET Form Corrections
JNTUK Kakinada offers a one-time facility to rectify a few errors in the application form. But to mend those, it is important to upload supporting documents. There are two categories for the same:
Category 1: Particulars that CANNOT be changed but a written request to the Convener via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) might work.
|Correction Name||Supporting Documents|
|Stream||Hall Ticket of Qualifying Examination|
|Photograph||Passport size colored Photograph|
|Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket No.||Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket|
|Community/ reservation category||Certificate issued by Competent Authority|
|Candidate’s Name||SSC Mark List|
|Date of Birth|
Category 2 – Particulars that CAN BE changed online by the candidate.
|Bridge Course Hall Ticket No.||Local Area Status|
|Qualifying Exam – year of Appearing/ Passing||Annual Income of Parents|
|Medium of Instructions in Qualifying Exam||Non Minority/ Minority|
|Place of Study – Intermediate or equivalent||Study Details|
|Mother’s Name||SSC Hall Ticket No. & Year of Passing|
|Birth State/ Birth District||Exam 10+2 studies in|
|Gender||Address for Correspondence|
|Special Category||Mobile/ Email ID|
|Intermediate/Degree Hall Ticket Number & Year of Passing||Aadhaar Card & Ration Card details|
Check detailed AP EAMCET Correction Procedure
Download AP EAMCET Admit Card
JNTU will issue the admit card at the official website. applicants are advised to carry their AP EAMCET Admit Card at their Exam Center. Given below are the steps to access the document:
- Visit the APSCHE portal sche.ap.gov.in
- Select the link ‘EAMCET 2019 Hall Ticket’
- Enter Applicant Registration Number and Date of Birth to access the document.
- Check all details on the Admit Card before taking a print.
- Hall Ticket is a non-transferable document.
- Any tampering of it will lead to disqualification.
- Entry to the exam center will be barred in the absence of admit card.
- The APSRTC has launched 20 special buses, operating from Guntur, Narasaraopet and Bapatla to 20 examination centers. Helpdesk of RTC – 0866 2570005
- In order to avoid any confusion of locating the exam venue, JNTU Kakinada has published a detailed map on the rear side of the admit card.
Allocation of Exam Centers
AP EAMCET 2019 exam centers are pre-defined by JNTU Kakinada. For this year, there are 44 Regional Centers to ensure smooth conduct of AP EAMCET 2019.
- Candidates must select three exam centers as per their preference.
- Once the option is selected, request for change of test zone/ center will not be entertained later.
- The Convener reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Convener reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
The major exam venues are indicated on the following map:
- Candidates choosing to attempt AP EAMCET 2019 exam in Urdu medium will be allocated a center in Kurnool only
- Candidates opting for both E & AM Papers must select the option both (E & AM category) while filling in AP EAMCET Application Form.
AP EAMCET Exam Pattern with Syllabus
The paper pattern is furnished by APSCHE Board for AP EAMCET 2019. The exam is conducted separately for Engineering and Agriculture streams. The following infographic gives the highlights of AP EAMCET Exam Pattern:
Section-wise Distribution of Questions
- There will be 2 subject groups namely PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) for Engineering and PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) for Agriculture.
- Each section will have 40 MCQs with 4 options, barring Mathematics.
- Mathematics will have 80 Questions in total.
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
Engineering Paper – Section-wise Questions
Check AP EAMCET Exam Pattern
Agriculture Paper – Section-wise Questions
AP EAMCET Important Topics
As per previous year trends, we have brought together important topics for the entrance examination. You can also check AP EAMCET weightage for MPC/ PCB.
In this section, most of the questions are asked from Thermodynamics & Heat; Work, Energy & Power; Laws of Motion etc. Listed below are some other important topics are:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|System of Particles & Rotational Motion||9%|
|Motion in a Plane||8%|
|Moving Charges & Magnetism||9%|
As per the previous year analysis, most of the questions are framed out of Physical & Organic Chemistry, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure. Other important topics for AP EAMCET 2019 are as follows:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|Classification of Elements||11%|
|Organic Compounds containing C, H and O||10%|
Engineering aspirants will be asked questions from this section. The most important topics are as follows:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
This stream is further divided into Botany and Zoology. The important topics for each section are as follows:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|Reproduction in Plants||11%|
|Biotechnology and its application||7%|
|Plants, Microbes and Human Welfare||5%|
|Molecular Biology: Molecular Basis of Inheritance||7%|
|Morphology of Flowering Plants||5%|
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|Biology & Human Welfare||15%|
|Structural Organisation in Animals||8%|
|Ecology & Environment||8%|
Check detailed AP EAMCET Syllabus
How to Download AP EAMCET Scorecard 2019?
The results of AP EAMCET will be released in the form of Scorecard/ rank card on May 2019. Every care will be taken to avoid errors in the evaluation, checking, scrutiny, tabulation, normalization and ranking.
Steps to Download Rank Card:
Step 1: Go to AP EAMCET Official Website
Step 2: Click on ‘AP EAMCET Result’ link
Step 3: Enter your AP EAMCET Application No., Hall Ticket No. and Captcha code.
Step 4: Save and download your score card for future correspondence.
Qualifying Marks in AP EAMCET 2019
|Candidate’s Category||Qualifying Marks|
|General||25% of maximum marks|
|SC/ ST||No minimum qualifying marks|
Note: SC and ST admissions will be limited to the extent of seats reserved by the institutes.
Quick Facts about Ranking/ Score card
- AP EAMCET ranking is based on EAMCET normalized scores (75% weightage) and 10+2 (25 weightage) in the order of merit.
- Rank obtained is valid for admissions to the courses offered. Check AP EAMCET Courses
- The validity of scores is for the academic session 2019 – 19.
- The result will contain Combined Score, EAMCET Weightage, Inter Weightage and EAMCET Marks.
- Ranks obtained with the benefit of relaxation of minimum qualifying marks in AP EAMCET by any SC/ ST candidate is found invalid will result in cancellation of candidature.
AP EAMCET 2019 Normalization Procedure
As the examination is conducted in multiple sessions, the Board has opted for Normalisation Procedure. This will help in maintaining equality and fairness at the time of calculating the final scores.
AP EAMCET Normalization Formula
SMS:(Average + Standard Deviation) of the session in which the candidate belongs to
GMS: (Average + Standard Deviation) of all the candidates across all sessions together
Top Average Session: Average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the session in which the candidate belongs to
Top Average Global: Average marks of the top 0.1% of all the candidates across all sessions together.
Check detailed AP EAMCET Normalisation Procedure
AP EAMCET Cut Off (Category-wise)
Cut off is declared by the exam conducting authorities each year. The following is a table of expected cutoff marks for AP EAMCET 2019. For admissions to AP EAMCET Participating Institutes, aspirants must secure rank which is either equal to or above the closing rank or cutoff.
Candidates can have an idea about their possibility of attending the AP EAMCET 2019 counselling from this cut-off list:
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||40|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||35|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||35|
Check AP EAMCET Cut off
AP EAMCET 2019 Counselling
- Post declaration of results, JNTU Kakinada will release a merit list on the basis of marks secured by candidates.
- The list will be uploaded on the official website.
- Through this list, candidates will get to know if they are eligible to participate in AP EAMCET Counselling.
- The counselling schedule shall be intimated online, make sure to keep a regular check on EAMCET website.
- During the counselling procedure, candidates have to go through the following levels listed below:
Step 1: Registration for Certificate & Documents' Verification
- Visit any one of the designated Help Link Centers.
- Give your Rank Card to the officer and register for counselling
- Pay required fee - INR 1000 (OC/ BC) and INR 500 (SC/ ST)
- Post that, a registration cum verification form is issued.
- Fill in your personal details with hall ticket no. and rank details in the form.
- Submit the form at the counter & wait for your turn for certificate/ document verification.
Note: At the time of verification candidate’s Aadhar card details (Finger Print Biometric) will be verified with Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
Step 2: Exercising Options Entry
- After document verification, the council will provide a facility for candidates to exercise options via online mode.
- Fill your choices of courses and colleges as per your preference via AP EAMCET login credentials.
Step 3: Allotment Order
- Those candidates who are allotted seats must download their AP EAMCET Allotment Letter.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of filling choices, availability of seats, category etc.
Step 4: Reporting at College
- Candidates must report at the allotted college as per the allotted time period and confirm their admission.
- Pay the admission fee to confirm the seat.
- Failing to do so, will transfer their seat to the next candidate.
AP EAMCET Counselling: Documents Required
Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Hall ticket number of the qualifying examination
- Hall ticket number of SSC or equivalent
- Date of Birth certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- PH, NCC, Sports certificate
- Income Up to One Lakh or Up to Two Lakhs or More than Two Lakhs (Rupees)
- Study or Residence or relevant certificate for proof of local status (last 12 years)
AP EAMCET Counselling Centers
The counselling for AP EAMCET will be conducted across 12 centers in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The following map indicates the same:
AP EAMCET 2019 FAQs
Ques. What should I do in case my account is debited and the website crashes?
Ans. In case your account is debited and the website gets disconnected before payment receipt generation, immediately check your Payment Status using ‘Know Your Payment Status’ option by providing required details. If you get a message "Payment Details Not Found", go for a fresh payment and the amount of the failed transaction will be refunded to their debited bank account within 5 working days.
Ques. Are there any guidelines to scan and upload photo or signature in AP EAMCET Form?
Ans. As per the authorities, tabulated below are the specifications that need to be followed while scanning and uploading the documents:
|Photograph||JPG||not less than 30 kb|
|Signature||JPG||not less than 15 kb|
Ques. What is AP EAMCET slot booking or slot booking in AP EAMCET 2019?
Ans. JNTU Kakinada will issue a slot to a candidate for AP EAMCET. There is no option of choosing a specific date/ session to appear for the entrance examination. This information is known to him/ her only after downloading their hall ticket. Candidates failing to appear in the given slot, he/she will be treated as absent.
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria introduced in AP EAMCET 2019?
Ans. Yes, AP EAMCET 2019 Reservation Criteria is as follows:
- A special provision for female and reserved category candidates are introduced by the authorities.
- Female candidates will be given reservation of 33% i.e. 1/3rd of the seats, in each course and in each category (OC/ SC/ ST/ BC/ CAP/ NCC/ SP/ PH).
- This reservation will not be applicable if women candidates are selected on merit in each category.
For Special Reservation –
- Physically handicapped (PH): 3% horizontal reservation in each category (OC/BC/SC/ST) for Visually Handicapped/ Hearing Impaired/ Orthopedically Handicapped (each 1%).
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP): 2% for the children of Armed Personnel i.e. Ex-Servicemen, Defense Personnel including the children of Border Security Force (BSF) and the Central Reserve Police (CRPF), who are a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh are only eligible to claim this reservation.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): 1% for National Cadet Corps (NCC) Candidates.
- Sports & Games (SP): 0.5% for Sports & Games candidates.
Ques. Are there any tie-breaking criteria followed in AP EAMCET 2019 in case of candidates scoring same marks?
Ans. While preparing a merit list, if more than one candidate secures the same combined score, the tie shall be resolved considering the following:
- The total marks secured in EAMCET 2019
- Marks secured in mathematics
- The marks secured in Physics
- Percentage of Aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination
- If the tie still persists, the older (based on date of birth) being given preference over the younger.
Ques. What are the mandatory details required at the time of filling in AP EAMCET Application form?
Ans. Before starting the registration for the exam, keep ready the following details and documents in the required format:
Ques. Is it necessary to send any hard copy of EAMCET application form to the authorities?
Ans. No, there is no need to send or post the application form to the authorities.
Ques. What is the procedure to apply for AP EAMCET Exam?
Ans. The procedure to register for the examination is simple. The entire process has been made online for a candidate’s comfort and ease. Listed below are the steps to apply online for EAMCET 2019:
Step 1 – Fee Payment
Step 2 – Check AP EAMCET Payment Status
Step 3 – Filling the Application Form
Step 4 – Print Application Form
Check Detailed AP EAMCET Registration Procedure
Ques. What items or documents am I allowed to carry at AP EAMCET Exam Center?
Ans. Candidates are required to bring the following:
- AP EAMCET Hall Ticket
- Filled in Online Application Form
- A Ball Point Pen (for rough work, working sheets will be provided by the test center)
- Attested copy of Caste certificate (in case of SC/ ST category candidates only)
Ques. What items are prohibited at the exam center of AP EAMCET?
Ans. The following things are barred at the center:
- Any textual material
- Slide Rules
- Log Tables
- Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator
- Printed or written material
- Bits of papers
- Mobile phone
- Pager or any other device
If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
Ques. Is there any normalization procedure followed in AP EAMCET?
Ans. Yes, the authorities have defined clear grounds of AP EAMCET Normalisation Procedure. As the exam is conducted in multiple sessions, the procedure is used in order to maintain equality and fairness in the exam. Check AP EAMCET Normalization Procedure
Ques. What is the ranking criteria for candidates belonging to category of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of Indian (OCI) Card Holders?
Ans. For these candidates, the weightage of marks will be decided by a committee constituted by the competent authority.
Ques. Which all cities will offer bus services for EAMCET 2019?
Ans. The APSRTC has launched 20 special buses for the benefit of EAMCET examination attendees. The RTC will be operating the buses from Guntur, Narasaraopet and Bapatla to 20 examination centers. The corporation has also set up help desks at the concerned bus stands. Online reservation facility for the convenience of the long-distance students is also available.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College