AP EAMCET 2018 Seat Allotment, Counselling, Cut off
AP EAMCET Seat Allotment 2018 first list has been declared on June 5. With the release of allotment list, allotment letters are available on the respective portals of shortlisted candidates. The authorities started the counselling of AP EAMCET 2018 from May 28 onwards. The second phase of counselling will commence from July 1.
|AP EAMCET Cutoff||AP EAMCET Counselling||AP EAMCET Results|
AP EAMCET 2018 Result was declared at the official website on May 2, 2018. Visit the Official Portal (www.sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet) to check the result. JNTU Kakinada has scheduled AP EAMCET 2018 from April 22 – 26 in online mode. The examination is conducted only for admissions to Engineering and Pharmacy programs.
- Guidelines for filling of Category-B seats of EAMCET 2018. Check Now
- Hall ticket of AP EAMCET will carry the information related to the slot allotted to the candidate. Know moreAP EAMCET Slot Booking
- APSRTC will offer free commute to students appearing for AP EAMCET 2018 until April 25. Know more
- JNTUK has published a detailed route map of the exam center on the rear side of Hall Ticket.
- AP EAMCET Mock Tests available at www.sche.ap.in/eamcet. Enter registration no. and password to access the papers.
- An option to attempt exam in Urdu medium is available, especially for Urdu medium qualifiers. However, they will be allotted a test center at Kurnool only.
AP EAMCET 2018 – Key Dates (Updated)
AP EAMCET 2018 Notification was released on February 26, 2018. Tabulated below is AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Dates:
|Availability of Application Form||February 28 – March 29, 2018|
|AP EAMCET 2018 Form Correction||April 8 – April 12, 2018|
|Availability of AP EAMCET 2018 Admit Card||April 18, 2018 onwards|
|AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Date (Announced)|
Slot 1 – 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Slot 2 – 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM
|April 22 – 25, 2018 (Engineering)|
|April 25 – 26, 2018 (Agriculture)|
|April 24 – 25, 2018 (Both Streams)|
|Declaration of AP EAMCET 2018 Result||May 2, 2018 (Declared)|
What is AP EAMCET?
- AP EAMCET or Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test is a state level examination administered by JNTU Kakinada every year.
- Candidates qualifying the exam can apply to various undergraduate engineering and agriculture courses in colleges/ institutes across AP state.
- There are 17 Government and 205 Private colleges accepting AP EAMCET Scores Check AP EAMCET Participating Colleges
Highlights of AP EAMCET 2018
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada on behalf of APSCHE|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|AP EAMCET Official Website||www.sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Type & No. of Questions||Objective, 160 Questions|
|Expected Registration||2 lakh (approx.)|
|Validity of AP EAMCET Score||One year|
|AP EAMCET Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 0884-2340535/ 0884-2356255|
AP EAMCET 2018 – Courses Offered
Tabulated below are the courses offered under AP EAMCET exam. MBBS and BDS admissions will be based on NEET scores and 5 year degree course in Architecture is based on NATA/JEE Main Paper II.
|B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)||B.Tech. (Agr. Engineering)|
|B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)||B.Sc. (Agriculture)|
|B.Sc. (Horticulture)||B.V.Sc. & A.H.|
|B.F.Sc||B.Pharmacy and Pharma.D.|
Upcoming Engineering and Agriculture Exams
|Exam Name||Exam Date||Reference Link|
|TS EAMCET 2018||May 2 – 7||Click Here|
|KEAM 2018||April 23 – 24||Click Here|
|BITSAT 2018||May 16 – 31||Click Here|
How to Apply Online for AP EAMCET 2018?
Registration for AP EAMCET 2018 can be done via online mode only. Before starting the registration procedure, check if you possess the age limit and educational qualification for the entrance exam or not.
- Nationality: Indian citizens, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders, natives of AP/ Telangana with a valid ID can apply.
- Age Limit: For E & A streams, candidate must have completed 16 & 17 years of age as on December 31.
- Academics: For E stream, PCM group subjects are a must in the qualifying exam. Whereas, for A stream, PCB group subjects will be required at Intermediate level.
Check detailed AP EAMCET Eligibility Criteria
Steps to fill AP EAMCET Application Form
There are four major steps involved to apply namely Fee Payment, Know your Payment Status, Fill Application, Print Application Form.
Step 1 – Payment of Application Fee
This is the first step in the form filling procedure, only then a candidate will be able to proceed further. The pre-requisites are as follows:
|Application Fee (Stream)||Engineering (E )/ Agriculture (A) – INR 500|
|E & A (both streams) – INR 1000|
|Modes of Payment||Mode 1 – AP/ TS Online/ E-Seva/ Mee-Seva centers|
|Mode 2 – Credit/ Debit Card|
Step 2 – Know your Payment Status
- Only after successful payment one can get access to the online form.
- Enter Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket No., Mobile No., DOB and select the stream.
- Click ‘Check Payment Status’ and check your timeline of application fee payment.
Step 3 - Filling AP EAMCET Application Form
This step can only be accessible to candidates who have successfully paid AP EAMCET application fee. In the online form, enter all the required details as listed below:
- Personal details – Name, DOB, Gender, Aadhar Card and Address
- Parents’ Information – Names and Income
- Educational details – 10th class marks, 12th class marks, year passing both classes, 1st – 12th study places.
- Uploading Documents – Scan and upload your passport size photograph and signature as per defined guidelines. CheckAP EAMCET Guidelines for Photo & Sign
Step 4 – Print Application Form
After submitting the online form successfully, take a print out of the document for future correspondence.
AP EAMCET Form Corrections
JNTU Kakinada offers a one-time facility to rectify few errors in the application form. But to mend those, it is important to upload supporting documents. There are two categories for the same:
Category 1: Particulars that CANNOT be changed but a written request to the Convener via email (email@example.com) might work.
|Correction Name||Supporting Documents|
|Stream||Hall Ticket of Qualifying Examination|
|Photograph||Passport size colored Photograph|
|Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket No.||Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket|
|Community/ reservation category||Certificate issued by Competent Authority|
|Candidate’s Name||SSC Mark List|
|Date of Birth|
Category 2 – Particulars that CAN BE changed online by the candidate.
|Bridge Course Hall Ticket No.||Local Area Status|
|Qualifying Exam – year of Appearing/ Passing||Annual Income of Parents|
|Medium of Instructions in Qualifying Exam||Non Minority/ Minority|
|Place of Study – Intermediate or equivalent||Study Details|
|Mother’s Name||SSC Hall Ticket No. & Year of Passing|
|Birth State/ Birth District||Exam 10+2 studies in|
|Gender||Address for Correspondence|
|Special Category||Mobile/ Email ID|
|Intermediate/Degree Hall Ticket Number & Year of Passing||Aadhaar Card & Ration Card details|
Check detailed AP EAMCET 2018 Correction Procedure
AP EAMCET 2017 Statistics
|AP EAMCET Paper||Registrations|
In the engineering stream, 79.74% (1,23, 974) of the candidates qualified in AP EAMCET. In the agriculture and pharmacy streams, 55,288 students qualified.
Download Admit Card @ www.sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet
JNTU will issue the document online at www.sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet. Enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth to download the document. AP EAMCET 2018 Admit Card contains details listed below:
- Hall Ticket Number of candidate
- Candidate’s Photograph and Signature
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name
- Exam date and time
- Exam Venue
- Category of the candidate
- Reporting time at the exam center
- List of the documents to be carried on the exam day
- Exam day instructions
- Hall Ticket is a non-transferable document.
- Any tampering of it will lead to disqualification.
- Entry to the exam center will be barred in the absence of admit card.
- The APSRTC has launched 20 special buses, operating from Guntur, Narasaraopet and Bapatla to 20 examination centres. Help desk of RTC – 0866 2570005
- In order to avoid any confusion of locating the exam venue, JNTU Kakinada has published a detailed map on rear side of the admit card.
Allocation of Exam Centers
AP EAMCET 2018 exam centers are pre-defined by JNTU Kakinada. For this year, there are 44 Regional Centers to ensure smooth conduct of AP EAMCET 2018.
- Candidates must select three exam centers as per their preference.
- Once the option is selected, request for change of test zone/ center will not be entertained later.
- The Convener reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Convener reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
The major exam venues are indicated on the following map:
- Candidates choosing to attempt AP EAMCET 2018 exam in Urdu medium will be allocated a center in Kurnool only
- Candidates opting for both E & AM Papers must select the option both (E & AM category) while filling in AP EAMCET Application Form.
AP EAMCET Exam Pattern with Syllabus
The paper pattern is furnished by APSCHE Board for AP EAMCET 2018. The exam is conducted separately for Engineering and Agriculture streams. The following infographic gives the highlights of AP EAMCET Exam Pattern:
Section-wise Distribution of Questions
- There will be 2 subject groups namely PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) for Engineering and PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) for Agriculture.
- Each section will have 40 MCQs with 4 options, barring Mathematics.
- Mathematics will have 80 Questions in total.
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark.
Engineering Paper – Section-wise Questions
Agriculture Paper – Section-wise Questions
AP EAMCET Mock Tests
The official mock tests are available on the AP EAMCET Official portal. The papers are available separately for Engineering and Agriculture streams. Steps to access the mock tests of EAMCET are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. www.sche.ap.gov.in/eamcet
Step 2: Click on ‘Mock Test’ link.
Step 3: Enter the login credentials of AP EAMCET i.e. Registration no. and Password.
Step 4: Submit the details and start practicing.
AP EAMCET Important Topics
As per previous year trends, we have brought together important topics for the entrance examination. You can also check AP EAMCET weightage for MPC/ PCB.
In this section, most of the questions are asked from Thermodynamics & Heat; Work, Energy & Power; Laws of Motion etc. Listed below are some other important topics are:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|System of Particles & Rotational Motion||9%|
|Motion in a Plane||8%|
|Moving Charges & Magnetism||9%|
As per the previous year analysis, most of the questions are framed out of Physical & Organic Chemistry, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure. Other important topics for AP EAMCET 2018 are as follows:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|Classification of Elements||11%|
|Organic Compounds containing C, H and O||10%|
Engineering aspirants will be asked questions from this section. The most important topics are as follows:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
This stream is further divided into Botany and Zoology. The important topics for each section are as follows:
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|Reproduction in Plants||11%|
|Biotechnology and its application||7%|
|Plants, Microbes and Human Welfare||5%|
|Molecular Biology: Molecular Basis of Inheritance||7%|
|Morphology of Flowering Plants||5%|
|Topics||AP EAMCET Weightage|
|Biology & Human Welfare||15%|
|Structural Organisation in Animals||8%|
|Ecology & Environment||8%|
Check detailed AP EAMCET Syllabus
AP EAMCET Answer Key 2018
- JNTU Kakinada will release the preliminary keys on April 25 online.
- In case, candidates are not satisfied with the answers can challenge the same by April 28.
- After going through all the objections, authorities will release the final answer keys.
- The sole purpose of the keys is to get an estimate of probable scores in AP EAMCET 2018
How to Download AP EAMCET Scorecard 2018?
The results of AP EAMCET has been released in the form of Scorecard/ rank card on May 2, 2018. Every care will be taken to avoid errors in the evaluation, checking, scrutiny, tabulation, normalization and ranking.
Steps to Download Rank Card:
Step 1: Go to AP EAMCET Official Website
Step 2: Click on ‘AP EAMCET Result’ link
Step 3: Enter your AP EAMCET Application No., Hall Ticket No. and Captcha code.
Step 4: Save and download your score card for future correspondence.
CheckAP EAMCET Results
Qualifying Marks in AP EAMCET 2018
|Candidate’s Category||Qualifying Marks|
|General||25% of maximum marks|
|SC/ ST||No minimum qualifying marks|
Quick Facts about Ranking/ Score card
- AP EAMCET ranking is based on EAMCET normalized scores (75% weightage) and 10+2 (25 weightage) in the order of merit.
- Rank obtained is valid for admissions to the courses offered. Check AP EAMCET Courses
- The validity of scores is for the academic session 2018 – 19.
- The result will contain Combined Score, EAMCET Weightage, Inter Weightage and EAMCET Marks.
- Ranks obtained with the benefit of relaxation of minimum qualifying marks in AP EAMCET by any SC/ ST candidate is found invalid will result in cancellation of candidature.
AP EAMCET 2018 Normalization Procedure
As the examination is conducted in multiple sessions, the Board has opted for Normalisation Procedure. This will help in maintaining the equality and fairness at the time of calculating the final scores.
AP EAMCET Normalization Formula
SMS:(Average + Standard Deviation) of the session in which the candidate belongs to
GMS: (Average + Standard Deviation) of all the candidates across all sessions together
Top Average Session: Average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the session in which the candidate belongs to
Top Average Global: Average marks of the top 0.1% of all the candidates across all sessions together.
Check detailedAP EAMCET Normalisation Procedure
AP EAMCET Cut Off (Category-wise)
Cut off is declared by the exam conducting authorities each year. The following is a table of expected cutoff marks for AP EAMCET 2018. For admissions to AP EAMCET Participating Institutes, aspirants must secure rank which is either equal to or above the closing rank or cutoff.
Candidates can have an idea about their possibility of attending the AP EAMCET 2018 counselling from this cut-off list:
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||40|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||35|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||35|
AP EAMCET 2018 Counselling
- Post declaration of AP EAMCET Results, JNTU Kakinada will release a merit list on the basis of marks secured by candidates.
- The list will be uploaded on the official website.
- Through this list, candidates will get to know if they are eligible to participate in AP EAMCET Counselling.
- The counselling schedule shall be intimated online, make sure to keep a regular check on EAMCET website.
- During the counselling procedure, candidates have to go through the following levels listed below:
Step 1: Registration for Certificate & Documents' Verification
- Visit any one of the designated Help Link Centers.
- Give your Rank Card to the officer and register for counselling
- Pay required fee - INR 1000 (OC/ BC) and INR 500 (SC/ ST)
- Post that, a registration cum verification form is issued.
- Fill in your personal details with hall ticket no. and rank details in the form.
- Submit the form at the counter & wait for your turn for certificate/ document verification.
Step 2: Exercising Options Entry
- After document verification, council will provide a facility for candidates to exercise options via online mode.
- Fill your choices of courses and colleges as per your preference via AP EAMCET login credentials.
Step 3: Allotment Order
- Those candidates who are allotted seats must download their AP EAMCET Allotment Letter.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of filling choices, availability of seats, category etc.
Step 4: Reporting at College
- Candidates must report at the allotted college as per the allotted time period and confirm their admission.
- Pay the admission fee to confirm the seat.
- Failing to do so, will transfer their seat to the next candidate.
AP EAMCET Counselling: Documents Required
Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Hall ticket number of the qualifying examination
- Hall ticket number of SSC or equivalent
- Date of Birth certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- PH, NCC, Sports certificate
- Income Up to One Lakh or Up to Two Lakhs or More than Two Lakhs (Rupees)
- Study or Residence or relevant certificate for proof of local status (last 12 years)
AP EAMCET Counselling Centers
The counselling for AP EAMCET will be conducted across 12 centers in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The following map indicates the same:
Things to Remember
- AP EAMCET Exam Date 2018 – April 22 to 26
- Carry a valid ID proof along with admit card at the exam center.
- Duration of AP EAMCET – 3 hours
- Counselling will have 3 rounds of seat allotment.
- Original documents are required for admission into the college.
- If you don’t report at the allotted college as per the schedule, your seat will stand cancelled.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will have their own CETs namely AP EAMCET and TS EAMCET respectively.
- TS EAMCET 2018 is scheduled from May 2 to 7
AP EAMCET 2018 FAQs
Ques. What should I do in case my account is debited and the website crashes?
Ans. In case your account is debited and the website gets disconnected before payment receipt generation, immediately check your Payment Status using ‘Know Your Payment Status’ option by providing required details. If you get a message "Payment Details Not Found", go for a fresh payment and the amount of the failed transaction will be refunded to their debited bank account within 5 working days.
Ques. Are there any guidelines to scan and upload photo or signature in AP EAMCET Form?
Ans. As per the authorities, tabulated below are the specifications that need to be followed while scanning and uploading the documents:
|Photograph||.JPG||not less than 30 kb|
|Signature||. JPG||not less than 15 kb|
Ques. What is AP EAMCET slot booking or slot booking in AP EAMCET 2018?
Ans. JNTU Kakinada will issue a slot to a candidate for AP EAMCET. There is no option of choosing a specific date/ session to appear for the entrance examination. This information is known to him/ her only after downloading their hall ticket. Candidates failing to appear in the given slot, he/she will be treated as absent.
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria introduced in AP EAMCET 2018?
Ans. Yes, AP EAMCET 2018 Reservation Criteria is as follows:
- A special provision for female and reserved category candidates are introduced by the authorities.
- Female candidates will be given reservation of 33% i.e. 1/3rd of the seats, in each course and in each category (OC/ SC/ ST/ BC/ CAP/ NCC/ SP/ PH).
- This reservation will not be applicable if women candidates are selected on merit in each category.
For Special Reservation –
- Physically handicapped (PH): 3% horizontal reservation in each category (OC/BC/SC/ST) for Visually Handicapped/ Hearing Impaired/ Orthopedically Handicapped (each 1%).
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP): 2% for the children of Armed Personnel i.e. Ex-Servicemen, Defense Personnel including the children of Border Security Force (BSF) and the Central Reserve Police (CRPF), who are a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh are only eligible to claim this reservation.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): 1% for National Cadet Corps (NCC) Candidates.
- Sports & Games (SP): 0.5% for Sports & Games candidates.
Ques. Are there any tie-breaking criteria followed in AP EAMCET 2018 in case of candidates scoring same marks?
Ans. While preparing a merit list, if more than one candidate secures the same combined score, the tie shall be resolved considering the following:
- The total marks secured in EAMCET 2018
- Marks secured in mathematics
- The marks secured in Physics
- Percentage of Aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination
- If the tie still persists, the older (based on date of birth) being given preference over the younger.
Ques. What are the mandatory details required at the time of filling in AP EAMCET Application form?
Ans. Before starting the registration for the exam, keep ready the following details and documents in the required format:
Ques. Is it necessary to send any hard copy of EAMCET application form to the authorities?
Ans. No, there is no need to send or post the application form to the authorities.
Ques. What is the procedure to apply for AP EAMCET 2018?
Ans. The procedure to register for the examination is simple. The entire process has been made online for candidate’s comfort and ease. Listed below are the steps to apply online for EAMCET 2018:
Step 1 – Fee Payment
Step 2 – Check AP EAMCET Payment Status
Step 3 – Filling the Application Form
Step 4 – Print Application Form
Check Detailed AP EAMCET Registration Procedure
Ques. What items or documents am I allowed to carry at AP EAMCET Exam Center?
Ans. Candidates are required to bring the following:
- AP EAMCET Hall Ticket
- Filled in Online Application Form
- A Ball Point Pen (for rough work, working sheets will be provided by the test center)
- Attested copy of Caste certificate (in case of SC/ ST category candidates only)
Ques. What items are prohibited at the exam center of AP EAMCET?
Ans. The following things are barred at the center:
- Any textual material
- Slide Rules
- Log Tables
- Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator
- Printed or written material
- Bits of papers
- Mobile phone
- Pager or any other device
If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
Ques. Is there any normalization procedure followed in AP EAMCET?
Ans. Yes, the authorities have defined clear grounds of AP EAMCET Normalisation Procedure. As the exam is conducted in multiple sessions, the procedure is used in order to maintain equality and fairness in the exam. Check AP EAMCET Normalization Procedure
Ques. What is the ranking criteria for candidates belonging to category of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of Indian (OCI) Card Holders?
Ans. For these candidates, the weightage of marks will be decided by a committee constituted by the competent authority.
Ques. Which all cities will offer bus services for EAMCET 2018?
Ans. The APSRTC has launched 20 special buses for the benefit of EAMCET examination attendees. The RTC will be operating the buses from Guntur, Narasaraopet and Bapatla to 20 examination centres. The corporation has also set up help desks at the concerned bus stands. Online reservation facility for the convenience of the long-distance students is also available.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College