Kongu Engineering College (KEC) came into existence in 1984 in Erode, Tamil Nadu. The college is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The college offers B.E./ B.Tech courses under UG Programs; M.E./ M.Tech, MBA, MCA under different fields of specializations.
- The college conducts an offline application process.
- For B.E./ B.Tech admission, the candidates must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks in Science stream from any recognised Board.
- The selection is done through TNEA 2019.
- For admission in M.E./ M.Tech, the candidates must have secured a bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology with minimum 50% marks from any recognised Institution or University.
- Final selection of the candidates in M.E./ M.Tech is based on the score of GATE/ TANCET 2019 followed by GD and personal interview.
- Selection of the candidates in MBA and MCA depends upon MAT/ TANCET 2019 score, GD and personal interview.
|Name of the College||Kongu Engineering College|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Name of the Entrance|
TNEA 2019 – B.E.
TANCET 2019 – M.E.
|Entrance Mode||Offline and online|
|Entrance Exam Date|
TANCET 2019 - Second week of April 2019
GATE 2019 - February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2019
|Entrance Exam Result Date/ Merit List Declaration Date|
TANCET 2019 - Last week of April 2019
GATE 2019 - March 17, 2019
|Counseling Date||June, 2019 onwards|
Kongu Engineering College Admission Schedule 2019
|Course Name||Admission Start Date||Admission End Date|
|B.E./ B.Tech||First week of May 2019||May 31, 2019|
|M.E./ M.Tech||January 30th, 2019||March 20th, 2019|
|M.B.A.||May, 2019 onwards||4th week of June, 2019|
Kongu Engineering College B.E./ B.Tech Admission 2019
Kongu Engineering College is engaged in offering 11 different specializations under B.E./ B.Tech courses. The total intake of candidates in B.E. is 240 and B.Tech is 120 seats. The minimum eligibility criterion to apply for these courses requires the candidates to have passed 10+2 with 50% marks in PCM/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Biotechnology. The candidates are selected on Merit basis or through TNEA 2019.
|Course||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|B.E.||Civil Engineering||Scored 50% marks in 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science.||Merit/ TNEA 2019|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
- The candidates applying under OBC category are given a relaxation 5% to the total aggregate score of qualifying exam, while the SC/ ST/ MBC/ DNC candidates enjoy a relaxation of up to 10%.
- Candidates with 8th to 12th standard study from Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply for TNEA 2019 without residential/ native certificate.
- The minimum age to apply for B.E./ B.Tech is 17 years.
Kongu Engineering College M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA Admission 2019
The College offers several PG courses viz. M.E./ M.Tech, MBA and MCA under different disciplines. The basic criterion to apply for admission in any of these PG Programs is to obtain a bachelor’s degree in relevant field with minimum 50% marks from any recognised institution or University. For MCA, Mathematics should be a compulsory subject either at 10+2 or graduation level.
The final selection of the candidates in M.E./ M.Tech is based on GATE/ TANCET 2019 while for MBA and MCA, it is MAT/ TANCET 2019 respectively, followed by a counselling session.
|Course||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure||Intake|
|M.E.||Engineering Design||A bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology with minimum 50% marks||GATE/ TANCET 2019||25|
|Computer Science & Engineering||25|
|Construction Engineering & Management||18|
|Control & Instrumentation Engineering||18|
|Power Electronics & Drives||18|
|Information Technology (Information & Cyber Warfare)||18|
|M.B.A.||Business Administration||A bachelor’s degree in any subject.||MAT/ TANCET 2019||-|
|M.C.A||Computer Applications||Graduation in any subject with Mathematics at 10+2 level with 50% marks.||TANCET 2019||-|
- The candidates with degree in BCA/ B.Sc. (IT/ Computer Science) are eligible for Lateral Entry directly into MCA 2nd year.
- A relaxation of 5% to the aggregate score of the qualifying exam is given to SC/ ST/ OBC/ MBC/ DNC candidates.
- The candidates with GATE score in Life Science/ Engineering Science have to appear for TANCET 2019 to apply for admission in KEC, Erode.
Kongu Engineering College Application Process 2019
The application process conducted by Kongu Engineering College, Erode is offline only. However, candidates planning to take admission in any UG or PG Programs offered by the college must appear for TNEA/ TANCET/ GATE/ MAT 2019 by registering themselves on the respective official websites.
To apply for KEC, the candidates must follow the below mentioned admission process step-by-step.
- The candidates can either manually obtain the application form from the admission office of the college or request for the same by post by sending a Demand Draft of INR 300 in favor of “The Principal, Kongu Engineering College”, payable at Erode.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Affix the recent passport sized photographs on the designated places in application form.
- Attach the documents, which are listed below:
- 10th and 10+2 mark sheet and passing certificate
- Bachelor’s degree and mark sheet (for PG Courses)
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- TNEA/ TANCET/ MAT/ GATE 2019 Registration
- TNEA/ TANCET/ MAT/ GATE 2019 Fee receipt
- TANCET/ MAT/ GATE 2019 Score Card
- Medical Certificate
- Photographs – 5 (4 passport-sized and 1 stamp-sized)
- Community certificate, duly signed by Tehsildar.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College