MVJ College of Engineering (MVJCE), Bangalore is ranked 52 for Electrical Engineering by India Today and among Top 4 colleges in VTU for academic excellence. The institute is best known for its M.Tech and MBA program. More than 200 companies have visited the institute for on-campus placement and a total of 750+ jobs are offered every year.
MVJCE Bangalore comes under the umbrella of MVJ Group of Institutions. It offers degree programs in the discipline of Engineering and Business Administration. Admissions are done on the basis of merit and the cutoff criteria of the entrance exams accepted by the institute.
MVJ College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1982 | Autonomous (Private)|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Accredited by||NBA and NAAC|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ ATMA/ GATE
State: KMAT/ KPGCET/ KCET
|Popular Courses||M.Tech, MBA|
|Courses Offered||3 Courses across 11 streams|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based + Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Technologies, Microsoft, iGATE, Wipro, Nokia Solutions and Network, Yahoo, IBM|
|Campus Area||15 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Transportation, Medical Center|
- Granted Autonomy from 2019-20 academic year
- The College has been bestowed with 2f and 12B status by UGC
- 37 years of Excellence
- 139 University Ranks in last 10 years
- 22000 Engineers graduated till date
- 90% of the staff are Ph.D holders
- 150+ student projects for the last 5 years
- Innovative Day for Showcasing student-driven projects
- Clubs & Labs such as Ideabox, Tomorrow's Engineer club & Tinkering lab for Hands-on Experience
MVJ College of Engineering Rankings
- Ranked 6 by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). (139 MVJCE graduates obtained University ranks in the last 10 years alone.)
- Ranked 5 by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) under Sports category
- Amongst the Top 10 Engineering Colleges in Bangalore for the 7th consecutive year by The Week – Hansa Research Survey
- Ranked 23 among Private Engineering Colleges in the South Zone by The Week
- Ranked 36 among Top Private Engineering Colleges in India by The Week
- Listed among the Top 50 Engineering Colleges in Bangalore by Careers 360
- Ranked 52 for Engineering by India Today.
- Ranked 73 for Engineering by Outlook.
- Ranked 89 for Engineering by The Week.
- Ranked 90 for Electronics and Communication Engineering by The Week.
MVJ College of Engineering Courses
MVJCE Bangalore offers UG and PG courses in the discipline of Engineering and Business Administration. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|B.E||Information Science & Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering|
- 10+2 (HSC) in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer Science with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks
- Obtained a valid score in KCET
|M.Tech||Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Digital Electronics & Communication, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, |
- B.E/ B.Tech with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in a relevant discipline from a recognized university
- Obtained a valid score in GATE/ KPGCET
|MBA||Finance & Human Resource, Marketing & Finance, Marketng & Human Resource|
- Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
- Obtained a valid score in KMAT/ PGCET/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ CMAT/ GMAT
Check: MVJCE Bangalore Courses and Fees
MVJ College of Engineering Admission
Step 1: Visit the official website of the college and go to the ‘Admission’ tab.
Step 2: Click on ‘Online Application’ and download the application form.
Step 3: Fill all the required details and submit the application form to the address given below: MVJ College of Engineering Near ITPB, Whitefield Bangalore 560 067 Contact No. +91 80429 91000
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following exams followed by Counseling:
Check: MVJCE Bangalore Admission
MVJ College of Engineering Placement
The Placement Cell at MVJCE bridges a gap between corporate and students for on-campus recruitment. The cell organizes various programs to improve confidence levels, analytical thought, presentation delivery, communication skills, and technical know-how. The placement division assists students with recruitments and creates opportunities through projects, seminars, guest faculty from various industries, internships and any other Industry-Institute Partnership of which the students can be a part.
- Highest Package: INR 21 Lacs
- Average Package: INR 8.4 Lacs
- Total No. of Job offers: 750+
- Total No. of Companies visited till date: 200+
- Top Recruiters: Tata Consultancy Services, HCL Technologies, Microsoft, iGATE, Wipro, Nokia Solutions and Network, Yahoo, IBM, TESCO, Ramky Infrastructure, DELL, Toyota, Nokia, Volvo, Quest Global, Mahindra Satyam Aerospace, etc.
The following chart depicts the year wise placement of MVJCE:
MVJ College of Engineering Facilities
Library: The Central Library is spread over 17,000 sqft, and houses more than 60,000 books and other documents. The library subscribes to more than 60 national and international journals.
IT Facilities: MVJCE constantly upgrades its IT facilities in order to make learning more creative, innovative and informative. The entire campus is enabled with Wi-Fi facility with a bandwidth of 100Mbps. There are 69 extendable Wi-Fi access points placed in various places like Library, corridors, Labs, hostel, Canteen and open areas inside the campus.
Access for Differently Abled: MVJCE is ensuring disabled-friendly physical infrastructure. The main entrances and exits are clearly identifiable and easily accessible. And it can accommodate wheelchair users. Parking for people with disabilities is available near the building.
Transportation: The institute provides transportation facilities to all the students and faculty members. The bus transportation facility is available from many routes as per students' need and comfort.
MVJ College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. Which branch is good in MVJCE Bangalore college?
Ans. All the branches are good and well established since it is a 31-year-old college. MVJCE is the first college under VTU to have an Aeronautical branch.
Ques. How far is the college from the station, bus stop and airport?
Ans. It takes 52 min from Airport, 19 mins from the Railway Station (KR Puram), and 30m away from Majestic Bus Stop.
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarships?
Ans. Yes, MVJCE Bangalore provides scholarships on the basis of merit to deserving students. Some of the scholarships provided by the institute are as follows:
- Merit Scholarship
- Dr. M. V. Jayaraman Foundation
- Engineering UG Scholarship
- PG Scholarship
Check: MVJCE Bangalore Scholarship
Ques. In what cases will the scholarship be canceled?
Ans. If a student has been granted scholarship by the Dr. M. V. Jayaraman Foundation is not reflecting good academic performance and/ or behavior during the course, the scholarship for the following years will be canceled. And in case of cancellation, the student will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship for the following years of the course.