Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology, also known as MGIT is one of the most prestigious Engineering colleges in the Self-Financing division. The institute is famous for its UG and PG courses across Engineering stream. MGIT offers only two courses, namely, BTech and MTech across various disciplines. The institute is ranked 201 for BTech in NIRF 2020 ranking.
MGIT provides admission to its courses on the basis of entrance exams such as AP EAMCET for BTech and AP PGECET/GATE for MTech. The institute also offers placements along with various other academic and infrastructural facilities. Moreover, the faculty at MGIT is well experienced and expertise in their area of interest.
MGIT, Hyderabad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1997 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE, NBA|
|Affiliated to||JNTU Hyderabad|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ Grade|
|Entrance Exams||AP EAMCET/GATE/AP PGECET|
|Courses Offered||BTech and MTech|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, TCS, Infosys, Essar Steels, Tech Aspect, IBM ADP Technologies, Wipro|
|Campus Area||30 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Transport, Laboratory, Canteen, Workshop etc|
|Official Website||MGIT, Hyderabad|
MGIT, Hyderabad Courses
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology offers 2 mainstream courses which are further divided according to the specializations. These are as follows:
|BTech||MechanicalEngineering (Mechatronics)||Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum 45% aggregate marks||AP EAMCET|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Computer Science and Business System|
|Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)|
|Computer Science and Engineering (Data Science)|
|MTech||Mechatronics||Candidates must have passed graduation in a relevant stream from a recognized university||GATE/ AP PGECET|
|Power Electronics and Electrical Drives|
|Digital Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Computer Aided Structural Engineering|
Read More: MGIT Hyderabad Courses & Fees
MGIT, Hyderabad Admissions
How to Apply?
- Visit the official AP EAMCET website.
- After successfully paying the registration fee electronically, go to the MGIT website and fill out the online application form.
- Upload scanned copies of documents such as a passport photo in JPG format (less than 50 KB) and a signature in JPG format (less than 30 KB).
- Fill in your personal and academic information.
- Fill out the application form and keep a copy for future reference.
- Candidates must participate in central counselling at the official EAMCET Counselling site once they have received their scorecards.
- Candidates must bring their academic documents and rank cards to the Counseling Center for verification.
- TS-EAMCET Rank Card 2021
- Certificate of Caste (ST/SC/OBC/EWS)
- TS-EAMCET Hall Ticket 2021
- 10th, 12th Marksheets
- Visit the TS-PGECET website.
- Proceed to the application form after you've made a satisfactory payment.
- Fill out the form with all of the necessary information, such as personal and academic information.
- Submit the application form.
- Students must appear for the entrance exam and attend counseling sessions after the findings are released.
- Following collection, the college sends out a list of documents that students must submit during the admissions process.
Read More: MGIT Hyderabad Admissions 2021
MGIT, Hyderabad Placement
MGIT is ranked 7th in terms of placement services offered with a significant rise in the number of students placed each year. The institute has a supportive and active placement faculty and provides placement opportunities to its deserving and eligible candidates. Many companies visit the campus for the recruitment process. Some of the top recruiters were Amazon, TCS, Infosys, Essar Steels, Tech Element, IBM ADP Technologies, Wipro, Satyam Computers, SQL Software, L&T InfoTech, Sierra Atlantic, Dell International Services, Cognizant, Syntel, Birla Software, Visual soft, Virtusa, Accenture, Dolcera, SSA Global, Qualcore Logic etc.
Placement Highlights 2020
|Number of Recruiting Companies||41|
|Number of students Placed||379|
|Highest CTC||INR 3 LPA|
|Lowest CTC||INR 15 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||American Express, Zemoso, ARCESIUM|
Read More: MGIT Hyderabad Placements
MGIT, Hyderabad Facilities
Along with good academics, one considers the college's facilities and MGIT offers such amenities as:
- Library: The college has a well-equipped and well-facilitated library with a total of 57113 books, 413 E-Journals, 167 national journals and magazines, 5769 CDs and DVDs, and so on. The library has set hours of operation, and students who apply for admission will be given all required information.
- Transportation: Both students and teachers have access to transportation; online payment of transportation fees is accessible, and students studying here can easily take advantage of this service.
- Hostel: The college offers hostel accommodations, with separate hostels for boys and girls. They have decent and good food as well as lodging.
- Infrastructure: The infrastructure is very fine as the campus is very spacious and the classrooms are well ventilated and the college has a hood and a safe atmosphere in general.
- Laboratory: MGIT has a completely functional and specialized laboratory for all college studies and projects, which students can use to their full potential.
- Additionally, the college also has an active sports room, gymnasium and other facilities.
Read More: MGIT Hyderabad Facilities
MGIT, Hyderabad Faculty
MGIT has well experienced and highly qualified faculty members dedicated strongly to impart quality knowledge to its students. Most of the faculty members hold a master’s or doctorate degree and are expertise in their field of study. MGIT has a total of 238 faculty members including professors, associate professors and assistant professors. The institute has teaching staff across 9 departments who offer exceptional and great service to all students in the college. Some of them are:
- Dr. KV Ramana Reddy (PhD): Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Ms. Madhuri Nerakh (MTech): Assistant Professor, Department of EEE
- Dr. Tara Dutt Bhat (PhD): Professor, Department of ECE
- R Srinivas (MTech): Assistant Professor, Department of CSE
- Ms. P Maitreyi (MTech): Assistant Professor, Department of IT
Read More: MGIT Hyderabad Faculty
Ques. What is the BTech fee structure at MGIT?
Ans. The fee structure of BTech at MGIT is as follows:
|Tuition Fee (Per Year)||INR 82,400|
|Other Fees (Per Year)||INR 5,500|
|Total Year Wise Fees (Per Year)||INR 87,900|
|Grand Total||INR 3,50,000|
Ques. Which is better, BVRIT Hyderabad College of Engineering for Women or MGIT?
Ans. If you are planning to take ECE or EEE then MGIT is better because the HOD’s of these respected branches are doing really great. The placements are also great in these departments. Many companies including Amazon, TCS, Infosys, Essar Steels, Tech Element, IBM ADP Technologies, Wipro, Satyam Computers, SQL Software, L&T InfoTech etc visit the campus for placement drives.
Ques. Are there any scholarships at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology?
Ans. The institute particularly does not provide any scholarship. Although, first year candidates of BTech and MTech belonging to SC, ST, BC, EBC, PHC and Minority Category are exempted from tuition fees. These candidates are required to apply for scholarships at the state scholarship portal.
Ques. I haven’t appeared for the GATE entrance exam. How will I be offered admissions to MGIT?
Ans. Students who haven’t appeared for the GATE entrance exam can appear for AP PGECET which is a state level test conducted for admissions to MTech courses. The institute also accepts AP PGECET scores for admissions to MTech programs. One can appear for and qualify the state level entrance exam with more than previous year’s cutoff in order to be eligible for admissions to MGIT.