Nalla Malla Reddy Engineering College (NMREC), Ranga Reddy was established in 2001 and is managed by Nalla Malla Reddy Education Society with a view to provide quality education. The college has been affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University and is approved by AICTE. The basic philosophy of the institute is to provide quality technical education with thorough practical knowledge.
- The college has the entire infrastructure necessary for the curriculum and also provides extra facilities and research centers to imbibe research culture, and give more exposure to the students
- The basic philosophy of the Institute is to provide quality technical education with thorough practical knowledge
- The college is a JKC center with a “star” status, an Oracle Academy member, is a CSI Institutional Member, and an IETE Institutional Member
- The institution is a creation of Educational Entrepreneurs, who have been in the education field for more than a decade and a half
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Humanities, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
Cultural and Literary activities boost up the energy levels and activate the students.
- The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of NMREC has organized three EDP Orientation Programmes in association with National Small Industries Corporation. Â 319 students of B.Tech Mechanical, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Information Technology, Computer Science, and MBA have been trained in ED Orientation
- Professional/Technical Activities Students Can participate in professional societies activities or any other technical activity in the college to enhance their technical as well as interpersonal skills
- Community Service: To serve the people and make useful contribution to the society in which we live
The Research Center of the college conducts Industry Institute Research Meet (IIRM) annually in which the Departments and hence the Institute may project its capabilities in terms of availability of expertise and facilities and ascertain the needs of the industry, which may possibly lead to meaningful dialogue resulting in mutual benefits. Delegates from 30 industries participated in the deliberations.
- Library is also the access point for documents, artwork, CDs, DVDs, Project reports, and books related to the Science and Technology, Management
- library subscribes to over 25 National, and International journals, 29 Magazines, besides having a separate newspapers section providing atleast 30 Newspapers daily
- Digital Library with 30 systems is also available with printing facility
College teams have participated in Inter Collegiate and Inter University Tournaments and won many of them:
- Specialist Coaches for various games and sports
- Special coaching to players for participating in Inter-Collegiate tournaments under JNTU
Festival and Events:
- Samishthi means united efforts. The Annual event is a united effort of all the students and staff who come together to plan and execute a variety of events and programs for the Annual Day
- Technical fest TECHFEST is also conducted annually. This fest is a combination of six different programs from various branches in the college
The events are planned and conducted by the students of the respective branch:
- CSE and IT Departments together conduct 'Medhas'
- ECE Department conducts 'Cihan'
- EEE Department organises 'Yatna’
- Mechanical Engineering Department conducts 'Sambhavaat'
- 'Shodhana' is conducted by Department of Management Studies
- The first year students have a special program 'Ganith Vignan'