Established in 1986, Orissa Engineering College is the first private engineering college of Odisha. Counted amongst the best technical institutes of the country, the institute is AICTE approved and NBA and NAAC accredited.
Spanning over a massive 58 acres, the college is situated on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar in a quaint environment. The college offers courses across Engineering and Management streams. Admissions are carried out on the basis of entrance scores followed by counselling.
Orissa Engineering College, Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1986 | Private|
|Location||Nabajyoti Vihar, Nijigarh Kurki, Post Harirajpur, Jatni, Bhubaneswar, Odisha - 752050|
|Accredited by||NBA and NAAC|
|Affiliated to||Biju Patnaik University of Technology|
|Entrance exams||JEE, GATE, CMAT/MAT/XAT/OJEE|
|Courses offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA|
|Admission mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Tech Mahindra, JMC Projects|
|Campus Area||58 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hoste, Gym, Transport|
|Official website||Orissa Engineering College|
Orissa Engineering College, Bhubaneswar Courses
|B.Tech/ B.Tech (lateral entry)||
Read More: Orissa Engineering College Courses & Fees
Orissa Engineering College, Bhubaneswar Admissions
For B.Tech/ B.Tech Lateral:
- After fulfilling the basic eligibility criteria, candidates need to secure qualifying marks in the JEE Mains exam.
- Based on the cut off set up by Orissa college of engineering, final selection will be based on JEE Mains scores and seats would be allotted in each round of the counselling.
- After fulfilling the basic eligibility criteria, candidates need to secure qualifying marks in the GATE/ OJEE exam.
- Final selection would be made through GATE counselling.
How to apply for B.Tech?
- To apply for the B.tech course, candidates need to first register for the JEE mains exam.
- Fill the JEE application form with all the necessary details and upload scanned Images of photograph and signature.
- Pay the online application fee by following the instructions.
- After successful payment, print the application form and keep it for future reference.
How to apply for M.Tech?
- To apply for the M.tech course, candidates need to first register for the GATE exam.
- To fill the application form, enter the login details for creating a unique ID and password.
- Enter personal login with the unique ID and password and enter personal information, upload photograph, signature and other documents like eligibility certificate, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD)
- Enter the GATE paper (subject) and choice of examination cities.
- Pay the application fee and submit it.
- After submission, print the filled application form for future reference.
How to apply for MBA?
- To apply for an MBA course, candidates need to first register for any of the exams - MAT/XAT/CAT/OJEE.
- Visit the official website form and fill the online application form with all the necessary details.
- Make the payment of application fees by Credit/ Debit card or through Net Banking.
- Submit and print the duly filled application form.
Read More: Orissa Engineering College Admissions
Following is the 2019 cutoff for the JEE Mains entrance exam for general category:
|Branch||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering||321271||965016|
|B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering||384396||384396|
|B.Tech in Civil Engineering||1054209||1054209|
Read More: Orissa Engineering College Cutoff
Orissa Engineering College, Bhubaneswar Placements
The training and placement cell of orissa engineering college is quite dedicated, and boasts of an excellent placement record. It also organizes training programmes for the students to prepare them for facing the corporate world. These programs aim at preparing the students from a campus point of view. The training is divided into 3 categories: Technical, Aptitude and Soft Skills. Over the years, many national and multinational companies have visited the campus to offer placements to the students. Some of the top recruiters include TCS, Tech Mahindra, JMC Projects, Zycus Infotech Private Limited, MindTree and many more.
Read More: Orissa Engineering College Placements
Orissa Engineering College, Bhubaneswar Facilities
- Library: Library is spread over a massive 3120 sq. ft, and has a collection of over 41075 learning resources in all major disciplines. The collection consists of books, periodicals, journals, manuscripts, pamphlets, magazines etc, to keep the knowledge of the students updated. The central library has subscribed to DELNET which provides access to more than 200 libraries in India and abroad for both the faculty and students.
- Medical Center: OEC has ‘Rajlaxmi Memorial Health Centre’ which provides medical facilities to the students and staff pertaining to minor ailments. The college also organizes medical camps for students in the campus, at frequent intervals. Ambulance facility is also available.
- Gymnasium: To help the students be physically fit and healthy, OEC provides the facility of Gymnasium which has all the major equipment. These gyms could accommodate more than fifty Students per session. Each session is engaged by experienced trainers.
- Sports: OEC has excellent sports facilities for both boys and girls in the campus which includes separate indoor and outdoor games and sports arenas, specialist coaches, an outdoor stadium for different activities, an athletic track for track & field events, practicing equipment for cricket, grace court for football.
- Hostels: OEC provides hostel facilities for both boys and girls. The college has an on campus hostel facility for boys which has a capacity of 350 students. The girls hostels are situated off campus, and have a total capacity of 570 students. All the hostels are equipped with all necessary amenities including proper hygiene and mess facilities.
Read More: Orissa Engineering College Facilities
Orissa Engineering College, Bhubaneswar Faculty
Orissa Engineering College has well qualified and experienced faculty members. Some of them are:
- Er. Biswa Ranjan Tripathy: Assistant Professor and HoD, Department of Civil Engineering
- Er. Kali Prasad Dash: Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Dr. Sujata Chakravorty: Professor and HoD, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Er. Deepneel Majumdar: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Dr. Nayan Ranjan Samal: Professor and Dean, Department of Electrical Engineering
Read More: Orissa Engineering College Faculty
Orissa Engineering College, Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques. How is the MBA programme at Orissa Engineering College?
Ans. The MBA programme at the college was introduced in the year 1998, and it is quite good. It consists of an amazing faculty, and offers 4 specializations namely Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Systems. The total intake capacity for the MBA program is 60. Aspirants seeking admissions to MBA courses must qualify CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ OJEE entrance exams with minimum eligible marks.
Ques. How are the Placements at Orissa Engineering College?
Ans. The placement opportunities at Orissa college of engineering are excellent. The college has a very good placement record, with a significant number of companies visiting the campus for recruitment. Some of the companies visiting OEC campus every year for recruitment drives are GGK Tech, UX Reactor, Adobe System, ADP, TCS, Argusoft, Cummins India Limited, Collabera, Nettantra, Buildmate, Commlab India etc.
Ques. How to reach orissa engineering college ?
Ans. Here’s the full information:
- Reach by Railway: It is about 6 kms away from the Khurda Road Railway Junction and around 14 kms away from the Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
- Reach by Road: It is about 11 kms away from the Bhubaneswar Bus Stand via Khandagiri chowk . Beside these, the college provides buses and AC Cabs for transportation of students & staff during the college hours. Special arrangement for transport for guests is also done during special occasions and events.
Ques. How can I get admission in Odisha Engineering College?
Ans. Interested candidates can apply for B.Tech courses through their JEE rank. Candidates can also apply through OJEE(state entrance exam) rank. For M.Tech courses, candidates need to score valid marks in the GATE entrance exam. In case candidates need to apply for MBA courses, aspirants must qualify CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ OJEE with minimum eligible marks. However, basic admission criteria for admissions to B.Tech courses is 12th exams. Similarly, candidates must have a valid bachelor’s degree as basic eligibility for admissions to M.Tech and MBA courses.