Orissa Engineering College (OEC) is a Private engineering college located in Bhubaneshwar, Orissa. The college was established in the year 1986 and since then offers several specializations in streams like Engineering, Technology and Management at UG and PG level.
Know more about OEC Application Process
Type of University
AICTE, BPUT, NAAC and NBA
Biju Patnaik University of Technology
How to Reach
15.4 Km from Bhubaneshwar Railway Station
12.6 Km from Biju Patnaik International Airport
15.5 Km from Khandagiri Bus Stand
OEC Courses and Admission
The college offers six specializations under B.Tech program and one specialization under B.Tech (Lateral) program at the Undergraduate level. Whereas, at the Postgraduate level the college offers two specializations under M.Tech program and four specializations under MBA program.
OEC B.Tech / B.Tech (Lateral) Admission
Admission to the B.Tech program is on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum marks required to apply for UG courses is 45% in HSC.
- To apply for B.Tech (Lateral) a candidate must appear for Diploma exam from SCTE and VT (State Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training) , Orissa.
- Selection to B.Tech program will be on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in JEE Main.
OEC M.Tech / MBA Admission
Candidates applying to M.Tech and MBA courses must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University / Institute.
- Minimum marks required to apply for MBA program is 50% (Bachelor’s).
- Selection to MBA program will be on the basis of scores obtained in CAT / MAT / XAT / OJEE exam.
- For M.Tech program candidates will be selected on the basis of marks secured in GATE.
For more information about OEC Courses and Fees Structure
Check JEE Main and OJEE Cutoff
The college offers placements to candidates on the basis of the marks acquired consistently over the years in the respective course.
The following graph depicts placement of students in the year 2017 –
- Library: The central library has a collection of over 41,075 learning resources in all major discipline taught in the college. The collection consists of books, periodicals, pamphlets, manuscripts, magazines and journals etc. The library is spread over an area of 3,120 sq ft. and is full air - conditioned.
- Hostel: Students are provided with separate hostels for both boys and girls. The hostel in the campus can accommodate 350 students and has all necessary facilities. All hostels have well equipped hygienic food facilities.
- Medical Centre: The college has a Rajlaxmi Memorial Health Centre which provides medical facilities to meet the needs of the students and staff pertaining to minor ailments. At regular intervals, the college organizes medical camps in the campus as well as outside the campus. Ambulance facility is also available on the campus.
- Gym: The gymnasium will help to aid the physical fitness maintenance of the students. The University has a well-equipped power gym and hydraulic gym (Air Conditioned) with latest multiple machines. These gyms could accommodate more than fifty Students per session. Each session will be engaged by experienced trainers.