Samrat Ashok Technological Institute Vidisha (SATI), is Grant-in-Aid autonomous college located in Vidisha, in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It was established on 1 November 1960, under the open door policy of the Govt. of India, by Maharaja Jiwajirao Education Society.
- The institute is located in Vidisha in the heart of Madhya Pradesh, 54 km north of the state capital of Bhopal, on the Delhi-Madras, Delhi-Bombay main line with most of the trains having a stop.
- The College campus is streched over 85 acres of land with well-maintained roads and approaches, playgrounds and gardens, etc.
The institute now offers 9 full time and 6 Part-time undergraduate courses leading to degree in Bachelor of Engineering and 15 Postgraduate courses in the areas of Engineering, Science and Management.
Three academic Programmes viz., B.E. (Civil Engineering), B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), B.E. (Electronics & Instrumentation) have been accredited by National Board of Accreditation New Delhi. This institute was the first engineering institute in Madhya Pradesh state. to get accreditation.
- The Institute was named after emperor Ashoka the Great, who was Governor of emperor Chandragupta Maurya in Ujjain and Vidisha and married the daughter of a businessman of Vidisha.
Technical Events at SATI Vidisha:
- TECHNO 2K13: It has two events:
- ROBOINK CLUB was established in 2004 and it organises the robotics activities in the institute.
- TECHNIVISION :The list of events at Techno vision are:
- Paper Presentation
- Circuit Design
- Catia Design and lots more.
Number Of Students Placed:
- Tennis Club: A Tennis Club was established a few years back to encourage students to play tennis. The Club has organized many M.P. State Ranking Tennis Tournaments, Inter College Tennis Tournaments and State Level Inter Engineering College Tennis Tournaments etc.
Extra Curricular Activities:-
- N.C.C: The NCC Unit of the Institute admits 100 cadets every year who are given technical and military training in the Institute with the help of P.I. staff deputed by the NCC. The Institute NCC unit has a good record of passing in B and C Certificate NCC examinations.
- NSS: An NSS Unit of 100 volunteers exists in the Institute. These volunteers carry out social service and Rural Development Programmes and help government authorities to implement their poverty alleviation and employment generation schemes.
Annual Income of Parent:
- Upto 2 lacs : SC/ST - Full
- 2 lacs to 3 lacs: SC/ST - Half
- More than 3 lacs
- Upto 75000/- : OBC - Full
- More than 75000/-