Sasurie College of Engineering came into existence in the year 2001 at Vijayamangalam, Tirupur. Approved by AICTE and affiliated to Anna University, the college offers UG and PG level professional degree courses in engineering and management domain. There is availability of 5 specialisations in B.E degree, 4 specializations in M.E, single specialisation each for M. Tech, MBA and Ph.D. courses.
Admissions to B.E degree courses are done on the basis of TNEA counselling conducted by the governing body. One must ensure to meet eligibility norms to apply for selection. For admissions to PG courses, candidates must secure a valid score in the TANCET examination followed by counselling process by Anna University.
Sasurie College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Private Self – Financing|
|Affiliated to||Anna University, Chennai|
|Courses offered||B.E., M.E., M.Tech, MBA|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||TANCET, TNEA, GATE, JEE Mains or equivalent National level entrance exam|
|Application mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission criteria||Merit basis for UG and Entrance based for PG|
|Facilities Available||Library, Canteen, Computer Labs, Hostel, Transportation, Placements|
|Top Recruiters||Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, HCL, HP, L & T Infotech etc.|
Sasurie College of Engineering Courses
The college offers professional degree courses at UG and PG level in streams like engineering and management. The details of the available courses are tabulated below:
|B.E.||Civil Engineering||Pass 10+2 with min 50% for general category, 45% for BC candidates, and 40% for MBC/DNC/SC/ST category + Score in TNEA|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|M.E||Applied Electronics||B.E/B. Tech in relevant stream from a recognised board/university + Score in TANCET|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Power Electronics and Device|
|M. Tech||Information Technology|
|MBA||-||At least 50% marks at graduate level (45% for reserved category) + Score in TANCET|
Sasurie College of Engineering Admissions
Candidates before seeking admissions to various courses must ensure that they fulfil eligibility norms as prescribed by the University. For each course admission process is detailed below:
- For admissions to B.E degree courses, one must appear for any National level entrance test followed by TNEA counselling by Anna University.
- Counselling fee for general category is INR 5000 for general category and INR 1000 for reserved category.
- For admissions to M.E/M.Tech and MBA courses, one must appear for the TANCET or equivalent entrance exam followed by counselling process for final seat allotment.
- To qualify for TANCET counselling, general category students must secure at least 50% marks and reserved category must secure at least 45% marks.
How To Apply?
Application to the TNEA and TANCET examinations can be done Online. Candidates are advised to follow the steps detailed below:
- Visit the Official Website of TNEA/TANCET.
- Access the Admissions Page for the required examination and Register with a valid Email ID.
- Fill in the respective Application Form with all the required details.
- Pay the category-wise Application Fee.
- Submit the filled in form along with the required Documents.
Submit the Form along with scans of all the documents and certificates mentioned below:
- Copy of Mark sheet for 10+2 examination.
- Copy of Mark sheet for 10th examination.
- Copy of a proof showing identify and age.
- Certificate copy of the permanent case/community in Tamil Nadu for quota allocation.
- Copy of the Nativity Certificate if applicable.
- DD in favour of Anna University, Chennai with the prescribed fees.
- First Graduate Certificate if applicable who wish to receive subsidy from the Government.
TNEA expected Cut offs:
|Course||Opening cut-off||Closing cut-off|
|Computer Science and Engineering||75||200|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||87.25||198|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||80.5||195.50|
Read More: TNEA 2020
TANCET expected Cut offs 2020:
- To qualify for TANCET counselling one must secure a minimum of 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for reserved category.
- TNEA counselling for B. Tech admissions is scheduled in the month of July/August 2020 in 4 rounds.
Read More: TANCET 2020
Sasurie College of Engineering Placements
Placement cell of Sasurie college is under a placement officer and is located in a separate air-conditioned block with audio visual facilities. The cell trains students in developing soft skills as well as technical skills. The cell carries out functions like conducting mock interviews, written test and group discussions.
- Top recruiters at Sasurie include firms like Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, HCL, L & T Infotech, Inautix Technologies, HP, Infoview, Quadrant, Vee Technologies, Muthoot etc.
- In the year 2018, a total of 120 students were placed while in 2017 the number of students placed were 123. There is a decent fluctuation in the number of placements in the past few years. The trend varies annually.
Sasurie College of Engineering Scholarships
Sasurie College of Engineering approves a number of government scholarships that are provided on a need cum merit basis. There are Sasurie provided scholarships as well that are offered to regular as well as lateral entry B.E students. Merit in examination and sports quota are major criteria for deciding the eligibility of scholarships.
Scholarships under Government scheme includes following:
- Govt. Scholarship for BC/MBC-SWS candidates
- Govt. Scholarship (SC/ST Fee Waiver Scheme) 100% free
- Govt. Special Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship
- Minority Scholarship
Scholarships under Private scheme includes following:
- Sri Vijayalakshmi Trust
- ONGC Ltd.
- NTPC Scholarships
- Titan Scholarships
- Rotary Scholarships
Read More: Sasurie College of Engineering: Scholarships
Sasurie College of Engineering, Tirupur Facilities
Sasurie College is an out and out technical engineering college that offers world class infrastructure for students. Following facilities are available on campus that enhances one’s personality and academic performance:
- Seminar Hall – There is well equipped, spacious and fully air-conditioned seminar hall comprising of built in LCD monitor that aids in conduct of various expo, symposium, events and conferences
- Hostels – The college provides for accommodation of girls and boys with separate hostel buildings. There is facility for mess including veg and non veg options, security, RO water, spacious rooms, television, newspapers, regular medical check-up, yoga classes etc.
- ATM counter – The ATM counter inside the campus functions for 24 hours in association with Karur Vysya Bank. This machine can be utilized by hostlers, day scholars as well as trespassers free of cost
- Canteen – The college includes a spacious canteen with a built area of 900 sq. mt. and seating capacity of 600. Economical, hygienic and well equipped are other features of the dining place which is open on all working days for staff and students
- Transportation – The college has a fleet of buses that traverse on different routes and allows students and staff to make up down on time with ease
- Power Supply – The campus is equipped with power supply 24 hrs
- RO System – The college campus as well as the hostel is served only RO purified water that maintains hygiene and health
- Library – College library is equipped with 40385 volumes and 10509 titles in books. There are multiple journals, magazines, international collections as well as huge digital data. The library is open from 8 am to 8 pm on all working days
Other facilities at the campus include sports activities, cultural events, training and placements apart from regular academics.
Sasurie college has over 35 well qualified teachers and professors. There are 5 faculty members who are Ph.D qualified, and the majority of them are M.E. graduates.
Ques. Does the college offer hostel accommodation to students?
Ques. Are the courses at Sasurie approved and affiliated?
Ques. How to reach out to the college for details about admissions and academics?
Ques. Does the college provide correspondence courses?
Ques. What about extra-curricular activities at the campus?