Anna University has released TANCET 2021 Admit Card on March 5, 2021. The exam will be conducted on March 20, 2021, for MBA and MCA, and on March 21 for M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Registered candidates can check the final status of their application form till February 23, 2021. Click here to download TANCET 20201 Admit Card
- TANCET Exam is conducted only for postgraduate programs and is valid over all the government and government-aided colleges of Tamil Nadu. Check TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- TANCET 2021 Syllabus includes topics from undergraduate courses. Each stream has a separate syllabus for the exam.
- The reservation benefits will not be provided for any candidate who does not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu.
TANCET is organized by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Tamil Nadu Government, for admission in postgraduate programs in the field of management, engineering, architecture and computer science. Students from other states can also apply for this exam subject to the bifurcation of eligibility criteria and reservations. Over 38,000 students have applied for TANCET 2021 out of which 21,789 students have applied for MBA.
TANCET 2021 Highlights
|TANCET full form||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor Degree with at least 50%(relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu).|
|Programs||M.Tech, M.E, MBA, M.Plan, M.Arch, MCA|
|TANCET official website||tancet.annauniv.edu/|
|Application Fee||600.00 INR for each program(300.00 INR for SC/ST)|
|Reservation||All the reservation benefits will be provided only for the students who are domicile of Tamil Nadu. However, students from other states can apply through general slots.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination/Lateral Entry|
TANCET 2021 Exam Dates
|TANCET Exam Event||TANCET Exam Date|
|TANCET Registration Starts|
|TANCET Registration Last Date|
|TANCET Admit Card||March 5, 2021|
|TANCET Exam Date|| |
March 20, 2021 (MBA and MCA), March 21, 2021 (M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan)
|TANCET 2021 Result Declaration||On or Before April 16, 2021|
|TANCET Counselling||On or Before April 20, 2021|
TANCET One Month Preparation Tips
- Plan Your Exam: As the syllabus of TANCET 2021 is quite long, it is not possible for candidates to prepare each and every topic. By this time candidates must have familiarized themselves with their strong and weak areas. Considering your ability and weightage of topics in past years, work up a plan to which chapters or topics you will attempt and which ones you will avoid. This will save you a ton of time in the exam hall.
- Revision is Your Saviour: There is no better way to brush up the topics you have learnt than to revise over and over. Revising not just helps with improving strong and weak areas, it also helps candidates to avoid forgetting.
- Mock Tests and Sample Papers: Apart from revising familiar topics, solving mock test papers and previous year questions of TANCET aids in your preparation. This is also another way of revising. Taking mock tests will increase your confidence and help candidates familiarize themselves with the questions pattern, important topics, difficulty level, and help them analyse strong and weak areas. Do not take more time than what you will get in the exam hall to get used to the exam.
- Strategise your Paper: While practising mock papers and regular practise, candidates will familiarize themselves with TANCET exam pattern and sections of the paper. So it will be helpful to decide what strategy you might want to use to attempt each section and question. Candidates are advised to practice accordingly.
- Brush Up Tricks & Formulas: Every competitive exam that includes topics such as quant or reasoning can be solved faster using shortcut methods, formulas, and tricks. Knowing these will help you attempt more questions in less time. Often while focusing on revision, candidates might miss out on brushing these up. Take help from blogs, youtube videos, and books to learn these tricks if you haven't already.
- Focus on Time and Accuracy: As TANCET is a lengthy paper, it is imperative for candidates to solve as many questions as possible in the given time limit while solving them correctly. How can this be achieved? First, try to improve your speed by using shortcut methods and formulas. Second, find out your weak areas as you solve practice questions, and work on those. Third, clear your basic concepts. Once basics are mastered, harder problems will be easier to solve.
- Work on Weak Topics: For some people, maths might be easier and verbal harder, while for others, the opposite might be true. Very few people are excellent at both. But for most, it is important to find out which topics are they are facing most issues with. Take tips from your seniors, teachers, and solve those problems more to avoid losing marks during the exam.
- Avoid Stress: We know this is easier said than done, but nevertheless is a very important part of faring well in your exam. Take adequate rest the day before your test, keep everything ready, and remember that worrying will not just hamper your mental health, but also your exam. You cannot alter your level of preparation, so there is no point in thinking about your result. Be confident in what you have learnt, and keep calm!
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for TANCET 2021 is to hold a bachelor degree in the relevant discipline. Minimum marks at graduation level must be at least 50%. Candidates having a degree from distance/weekend program are not eligible for TANCET 2021.
|M.E/M.Tech (Faculty of Civil Engineering)||B.E/B.Tech in Civil Engineering or Civil & Structural Engineering|
|M.E/M.Tech (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering||B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Aeronautical Engineering|
|M.E/M.Tech (Faculty of Electrical Engineering)||B.E/B.Tech in ECE/Instrumentation and Control|
|M.E/M.Tech(Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering)||B.E/B.Tech in ECE/Biomedical/Software Engineering|
|M.Arch||B.Arch or AIIA(Associates of the Indian Institutes of Architects)|
TANCET 2021 Application Form
TANCET 2021 application forms are available since January 19, 2021, in online mode on the official website of TANCET. The application fee is 600.00 INR for general and 300.00 INR for reserved category candidates. Those who are appearing for more than one program are required to pay 600.00 INR for each program. The reservation criteria is not applicable to the candidates from other states.
Before filling the application form candidates are required to register themselves by providing the basic details. Steps to register online are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of TANCET. Under TANCET 2021 button click on ‘New User Registration’
- Enter the name, valid email address, phone number and password and save it as it will be required every time when you log in.
- Click on ‘register’.
After registration, a unique user id/registration number will be generated and sent to the registered email address. Candidates are required to log in with the stated credentials. The steps to fill TANCET 2021 Application form are as follows:
TANCET 2021 Admit Card
TANCET 2021 admit card will be released on March 5, 2021. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website by entering the user id and password. Admit cards will contain the information regarding the center and schedule of examination. If any candidate is unable to download the admit card or finds any discrepancy then it shall be reported immediately to the authority. The helpline numbers are mentioned below:
- Call at +91-44-22358314
- E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern consists of 100 multiple choice questions with four options for each question. Each question carries one mark and ⅓ mark will be deducted as a penalty for every incorrect answer. The examination shall be conducted in English and Tamil language only.
- Total time allotted for each paper will be 120 minutes
- Question paper of TANCET 2021 for MBA and MCA program consists of five and four sections respectively
- There will be 20 questions in each section for MBA program and 25 questions in each section for MCA program
- ME/M.Tech and M.Arch paper will consist of three sections in which two section will be common and the third section will be optional
- The total number of questions in M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch and M.Plan will be 105.
- In M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch and M.Plan entrance exam the candidates will be allowed to choose the optional paper for the third section at the time of registration
TANCET 2021 Syllabus
TANCET 2021 syllabus will be released by Anna University online and it can be downloaded from the official website. Every program has a different syllabus based on the qualifying exam and course preferred.
Also Check: TANCET Exam Analysis
The Quantitative Ability section will be common in the question paper for MBA and MCA programs. In the MCA program the question paper will consist of a mathematical ability section. The questions in the mathematical ability section will be framed on the basis of the syllabus of class 12 syllabus. The paper wise syllabus are discussed below:
TANCET MBA Syllabus
|Business Situation Analysis||In this section, there are no prescribed topics. The questions will be based on business operations, situations, dilemma, and business ethics etc. There will also be some sections of the marketing plan and one-year strategy of a business. Candidates are required to mark the most appropriate answer according to the question.|
|Reading Comprehension||Reading comprehension will include questions based on precise writing and unseen passages. It will also include synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary and one-word substitution.|
|Quantitative Ability||In this section, the questions will be based on mathematics. The level of the question will be similar to class 10 and 12 syllabi of mathematics. Important topics are profit & loss, percentage, time & work, Average, Simple & Compound Interest, Binomial Theorem, Quadratic Equation, Mixture & Allegations etc|
|Data Sufficiency||Data Sufficiency will include topics like number system, algebra and some arithmetic problems. There will be questions from Data Interpretation like bar graph, line graph, and pie chart|
|English Usage||This will include the questions of grammar and punctuation, one word substitution, conventional usage of word and phrase, writings of speech community etc.|
TANCET MCA Syllabus
TANCET syllabus for MCA has 3 main topics:
|Quantitative Ability||The quantitative ability section will be covering the topic similar to the question paper of the MBA program. Students are required to study mathematics of class 10 and 12 level. Some important topics are average, percentage, profit and loss etc.|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||In this section, there will be questions based on linear and circular arrangements, selections, coding and decoding, directions, critical thinking, Intuitions, blood relations, decision making, inductive reasoning, binary logic, syllogism and puzzles.|
|Computer Awareness||This section will test the basic awareness and information in the field of computer and technology. The questions will cover the topics like the use of applications in computer, hardware and software, artificial intelligence, generations of computer, data security, short cut keys and computer accessories, components of computers, other computing devices etc.|
TANCET M.E and M.Tech Syllabus
M.E and M.Tech syllabus will be based upon the specific program selected by the candidate. There will be two common papers in all the programs and one optional paper marked by the candidate at the time of registration. The questions will be based upon the syllabus of the qualifying examination’s program. There will be 20 questions each from paper 1 and paper 2. The optional paper i.e. paper 3 will contain 60 questions. Each question will carry one mark. The syllabus for the first two sections are discussed below:
|Engineering Mathematics||Calculus and differential equations, transforms, functions of complex and variables and complex integration, applied probability, matrices and determinants, vector calculus, numerical methods|
|Basic Engineering and Sciences||Physics, chemistry, applied mechanics, material science, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, computers.|
TANCET 2021 Results
TANCET 2021 results are likely to be declared around the third week of March 2021. Candidates can download the scorecard from the official website by entering the login credentials. The last date to download the scorecard will be announced later by Anna University. TANCET rank list will be released separately for the three categories i.e. GATE category, TANCET category and the sponsored category. Anna university will offer the degree programs for MBA/M.Tech/M.E/MCA/M.Arch and M.Plan in the below mentioned colleges:
- University departments
- University College of Engineering
- Regional campuses of Anna University
- Annamalai university
- Government universities
- Other Government aided universities
- Some private and self financing universities also invite admission through TANCET score
Also Check: TANCET Program Wise Cutoff
TANCET 2021 FAQs
Ques. When can I fill the application form for TANCET 2021?
Ans. TANCET 2021 application form has been released on January 19, 2021. Candidates can register and apply online on the official website.
Ques. What is TANCET 2021 application fee?
Ans. The application fee is 600.00 INR for general candidates and 300.00 INR for candidates of reserved category(SC/ST/OBC). However, the discounted application fee for reserved class does not apply to any candidate belonging to the state other than Tamil Nadu.
Ques. I am from Maharashtra. Can I apply for TANCET 2021?
Ans. Candidates from any state can apply for TANCET 2021. The candidates are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. No relaxation of fee or any other reservation facility has been provided to the candidates from outside Tamil Nadu.
Ques. What is the minimum mark required to clear the cutoff?
Ans. The minimum cut off marks usually range between 35-40 marks as per the previous year analysis. For the reserved category, the cut off falls between 22-35 marks.
Ques. Can I apply for the MBA program at Anna University through CAT score?
Ans. Any candidate seeking admission in any program is required to take TANCET. No other exams will be considered for admissions.
Ques. How many colleges accept TANCET scores?
Ans. All the government and government-aided universities along with some private colleges in Tamil Nadu accept TANCET score.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.