TANCET 2019 Dates, Eligibility, Registration and Syllabus
TANCET 2019 is held for admission to MBA, MCA and M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan. programs offered by colleges affiliated with Anna University. The examination is expected to be conducted on May 19 & 20 in pen-paper mode. The official schedule will be released shortly at www.annauniv.edu.
Nearly 5,000 candidates register for the state-level exam. GATE qualified candidates need not appear for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET for admission to ME/M.Tech programs. They can apply directly to the participating colleges at the time of counselling.
About TANCET 2018
- The regulating body declared TANCET result on June 8, 2018 at annauniv.edu.
- Enter your User ID and Password to check the results.
- Mark Sheet was available for download from June 13 onwards.
|TANCET Rank List||TANCET Cut off||TANCET Counselling||TANCET Results|
- While the paper pattern for all courses is similar, the syllabus for MBA, ME, MCA is different.
- TANCET scores are to be accepted by University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Centres of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges, and Self-financing Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
TANCET Online Application Form will be in the month of April 2019. The application fee is INR 500 for General Category. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks is essential to register. Read on to know more about TANCET Result, Counselling, Expected Cutoff, Important Dates and other such details.
Highlights of TANCET
|TANCET Full Form||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Expected Registrations for TANCET 2019||37,000|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Courses Offered||M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan|
|Number of Colleges||400+|
|TANCET Help Desk||2220 0303|
TANCET 2019 Exam Dates
All exam related events and dates are mentioned below. Make sure you do not miss upon any of these.
|TANCET 2019 Online Registration||April 2, 2019|
|Release of TANCET 2019 Admit Card||April 2019|
|TANCET Exam Date 2019 (Released)|
MBA – May 19, 2019 (AN)
MCA – May 20, 2019 (FN)
M.E. /M.Tech. /M.Arch. / M.Plan. – May 19, 2019 (FN)
|Declaration of TANCET 2019 Result||June 8, 2019|
|Commencement of TANCET 2019 Counseling||July 2019|
Trending Questions about TANCET
Ques. Does TANCET have any normalization process for the scores?
Ans. Yes, TANCET has a normalization process. The formula used for TANCET is – 40 + (10/S) (R– M)
where M= Mean Marks or total marks obtained from the Part I, Part II and Part III divided by 3.
S= Standard deviation of raw marks
R= Raw marks or total marks obtained from Part I, Part II and Part III
Ques. Are other state engineering students eligible to write TANCET?
Ans. Yes, TANCET is conducted for admission to various master programs including MBA, MCA , M.Tech, M.Arch and M.Plan. Anyone who satisfies the eligibility criteria from India can apply for it.
Ques. Do candidates appearing for TANCET M.Tech Exam get any stipend after clearing the exam?
Ans. No, there is no provision for candidates to get stipend through TANCET exam. Only candidates who appeared and scored well in GATE receive the stipend.
Ques. What are best books recommended for TANCET Preparation?
Aspirants are suggested to follow the below-mentioned books besides reference books and online study material for boosting up their preparation for TANCET 2019:
|Name of the Program||Name of the Book||Author/Publisher||ISBN|
|Engineering and Science Stream||TANCET (M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172543693|
|MCA||TANCET MCA Superior Guide||Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078231|
|TANCET MCA (Anna University)||V.V.K.Subburaj||978-8172542399|
|MBA||TANCET MBA (Anna University)||S.Chand (G/L) & Company Limited||978-8172543020|
|TANCET MBA Superior Guide||Sakthi Publishing House||978-9385078224|
Ques. Which are the top colleges that accept TANCET score?
Ans. Top 7 colleges that accept TANCET score are-
|For MBA||For MCA||For Engineering and Science Stream|
|Anna University, Chennai||S Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Taluk||SRM University, Chennai|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||M.S. College of Engineering, Avadi||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai|
|Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram||Madha Engineering College, Kancheepuram||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|Sona School of Management, Salem||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam|
|Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore|
|MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai||Sree Narayana Guru College, Coimbatore||RMK Engineering College, Tiruvallur|
|Builders Engineering College, Tirupur||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Saravanampatty||Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi|
TANCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Anna University has ruled out certain eligibility conditions for candidates registering for TANCET. These must be fulfilled by the candidate in order to sit for the exam.
- Candidates who have completed/ are in their final year of Graduation can apply.
- Masters in any discipline of science is also accepted.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or possess a 10+3 years diploma certificate from the State Board of Technical Education are eligible.
- Candidates with a valid GATE Score with qualifying marks in relevant discipline of Engineering /Technology, need not appear for TANCET.
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score with qualifying marks in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL), have to appear for TANCET 2019.
The pass percentage is determined on the basis of candidate’s category. Read it below:
|Name of the category||Pass Percentage|
- Candidates from the other states excluding Tamil Nadu can also apply for the entrance. However, the eligibility will be determined by the respective authorities.
Read complete TANCET Eligibility Criteria
TANCET 2019 Application Form (Released)
Last Date of fill TANCET 2019 Application Form- April 25, 2019
Candidates can register themselves at TANCET Official Website before the registration window closes. TANCET 2019 Registration can only be done in online mode by following the below steps:
- Visit the website of Anna University i.e. annauniv.edu/
- Click on ‘TANCET 2019 Registration’
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, and Password to generate id and password
- Re-login to fill TANCET 2019 Application Form
- Upload a recent colored passport size photograph. Check TANCET Photo Size, Format and Other Details
- Pay application fee as per category
- Post submission of the form, an application number will be auto-generated by the system
TANCET 2019 Application Fee
Candidates can apply for more than one course but in such cases, they have to pay for each added course. The payment can be made in a single demand draft for more than one program. The fee structure is summed up in the table below:
|Name of the Category||Fee|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
|Fees Charged for more than one program|
|SC/SCA/ST (candidates who belong to Tamil Nadu)||INR 250|
TANCET 2019 Hall Ticket
Release of TANCET 2019 Admit Card- April 2019
Candidates can download TANCET Hall Ticket from the official website of Anna University. No admit cards are sent via email or post.
How to Download TANCET Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e.annauniv.edu
- Click the link ‘Download TANCET Hall Ticket’
- Enter User ID and Password
- Download TANCET Admit Card for further reference
Discrepancy in TANCET Admit Card
In case of any change in the information mentioned on TANCET Admit Card, you may contact the officials at
Number- 2220 0303
TANCET Admit Card Lost
If the hall ticket is lost after the test, a duplicate hall ticket can be obtained on payment of INR 100/- in the form of a Demand Draft, with a written request to The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025, indicating the Registration No. / Application No. and the name of the Examination Centre.
List of TANCET 2019 Exam Center
- TANCET 2019 will be held across 15 cities in Tamil Nadu.
- Aspirants can choose one exam center at the time of TANCET 2019 Registration.
- Candidates may be allotted another exam center other than the one chosen, in case there is no vacancy in the preferred one.
The list of TANCET exam centers is displayed below:
TANCET 2019 Exam Pattern
Date of TANCET Exam- May 19-20, 2019
- TANCET 2019 is scheduled in April 2019 in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- It consists of 100 MCQ questions.
- The medium of the paper is English.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Question paper for programs like M.Tech/ME/M.Arch and M.Plan are segregated into 3 sections.
- Against every correct answer, +1 mark is allotted and for every incorrect answer, -1/5 mark is subtracted. No marks are allotted for un-attempted questions. Aspirants can score a maximum of 100 marks.
TANCET 2019 Syllabus
TANCET 2019 Syllabus is different for all the 3 papers. Candidates must be through with basic verbal and logical reasoning questions. Arithmetic questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus. The details are elaborated underneath:
TANCET Syllabus for MBA
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||Algebra||Bar Graph||Syllogisms and Puzzles|
|Idioms & Proverbs||Arithmetic||Line Graph||Blood Relations|
|Grammar||Geometry||Pie Charts||Coding Decoding|
|Fill in the blanks||Trigonometry||Histogram||Sequence & Series|
|Phrasal verb||Mensuration||Percentage based questions||Decision Making|
|Sentence corrections||Number System||Equivalence based questions||Binary Logic|
|Reading Comprehension||Probability & Statistics||Ratio based questions||Linear and Circular Arrangements|
|Vocabulary questions||Modern Mathematics||-||Computer based questions|
|-||TSD & TW||-||Analogies|
TANCET Syllabus for MCA
|Computer Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||Analytical and Logical Reasoning|
|Computer Hardware||Algebra||Linear and Circular Arrangements|
|Controls & Memory||Arithmetic||Binary Logic|
|History of Computer & Basic Terminology||Geometry||Coding Decoding|
|Internet & Protocols||Trigonometry||Sequence & Series|
|Network Basics & Shortcuts||Mensuration||Syllogisms and Puzzles|
|Computer Abbreviations & Computer Architecture||Number System||Blood Relations|
|Security Tools||Probability & Statistics||Direction Sense|
|Computer Organization & Input Output tools||Modern Mathematics||Decision Making|
|Languages and Algorithms||TSD & TW||Analogies|
TANCET Syllabus for M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan
|Part 1: Engineering Mathematics||Part 2: Basic Engineering and Sciences||Part 3: Subject Related|
|Calculus and Differential Equations||Physics||Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering|
|Transforms||Chemistry||Agriculture & Irrigation Engineering|
|Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration||Applied Mechanics||Architecture|
|Applied Probability||Material Science||Automobile Engineering|
|Determinants and Matrices||Mechanical Engineering||Bio-Medical Engineering|
|Vector Calculus||Civil Engineering||Biotechnology|
|Numerical Methods||Electrical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
Click Here for Detailed TANCET Syllabus
TANCET Sample Papers
Candidates are suggested to solve as many sample & practice papers as possible. This will help in getting themselves accustomed to the exam pattern and repetitive questions. Here are few sample papers for candidates to refer to:
|TANCET MBA||Download here|
|Civil Engineering||Download here|
|Engineering Mathematics||Download here|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Download here|
|Basic Engineering & Sciences||Download here|
|TANCET MCA||Download here|
Click Here for more TANCET Sample Papers
TANCET 2019 Result
Date of TANCET 2019 Result- June 8, 2019
- TANCET 2019 Result will be declared at the official website.
- TANCET Scorecard should be downloaded within ten days post declaration of the result.
- Anna University releases 3 separate TANCET Rank List viz. GATE Category Rank List, TANCET Category and Sponsored Category.
How to Check TANCET Result?
Aspirants should go through the steps given below to download the result:
- Visit the website annauniv.edu
- Click on ‘TANCET 2019 Result’
- Login option will automatically appear on your computer screen
- Enter the e-mail ID and password
- Click on the log in tab
Expected TANCET Cut Off
The category and program wise TANCET Cutoff is published on the university website post exam result. The cut off marks will decide if an aspirant is eligible for admission or not. The result or rank list will be prepared on the cut off marks declared by the university.
Check the expected TANCET 2019 cut off marks below:
|CATEGORY||EXPECTED TANCET CUT OFF 2019|
TANCET 2019 Counselling through TANCA
Date of TANCET 2019 Counselling- July 2019
Candidates who are GATE qualified can participate directly in TANCET 2019 Counselling. Others have to undergo separate application procedure for TANCET Counselling. The counselling forms are available both online and offline.
- Offline forms will have to be filled and sent via post to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”.
- The online form will be available on Anna University’s website and the procedure will be exactly same as that of the application form filling during the entrance.
Candidates must have acquired the minimum eligible marks category-wise to be a part of the counselling procedure:
|Category||Minimum Eligible Marks|
|BC/BCM/MBC&DNC/SC/SCA/ST candidates of Tamil Nadu||45%|
Ques. What is TANCET?
Answer. TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by Anna University for admission to M.E., M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan courses. The score of TANCET is accepted by more than 400 government and non-government colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Ques. Can I apply for more than one programme in TANCET?
Answer. Yes, you are allowed to do so. However, you must pay INR 500 (INR 250 for reserved category candidates) for each programme.
Ques. Which are the coordinating centres for TANCET 2019?
Answer. Following is the list of coordinating centres for TANCET 2019:
|TANCET Coordinating Centers|
|Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai||Chidambaram Annamalai University|
|Coimbatore Government College of Technology||Dindigul University College of Engineering, Dindigul|
|Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology||Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology|
|Madurai Anna University Regional Centre – Madurai||Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil|
|Salem Government College of Engineering||Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women|
|Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering||Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre – Tiruchirappalli|
|Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram||Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology|
Ques. I have a valid GATE Score. Do I need to appear for TANCET as well?
Answer. No, GATE qualifiers are exempted from appearing in TANCET. They just need to ply with the other eligibility conditions.
Ques. What is TANCA?
Answer. The counselling rounds for MTech courses is done through TANCE or Tamil Nadu Common Admissions. It is done via two channels, one for GATE qualifiers and teh other of TANCET qualifiers.
CATEGORY EXPECTED TANCET CUT OFF Open Category 37.5 Backward Classes 35.25 Scheduled Caste 25.5 Scheduled Tribe 22.5
Ques. What are the contact details of Anna University?
Answer. Read the details below:
The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
Centre for Entrance Examinations
Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
Ques. What are the various courses to which I can get admission through the TANCET exam?
Answer: You can get admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Engineering (ME), Master of Technology (M.Tech.), Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) and Master of Planning (M.Plan.) courses at various institutions of Tamil Nadu post qualifying the TANCET exam.
Ques.Is some TANCET exam center also available in Delhi?
Answer: No, all the 15 exam centers of TANCET are there in Tamil Nadu only.
Ques.How many colleges in Tamil Nadu accept TANCET scores?
Answer: Around 442 engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu use the TANCET scores for offering admissions to their postgraduate courses.
Ques. Is there any concept of negative marking in the TANCET exam?
Answer: Yes, one-third mark is deducted for every incorrect attempt.
Ques.What are the various modes through which the TANCET application fee can be paid?
Answer: TANCET application fee can be paid only in the online mode.
Ques. Can I pay TANCET application fee through bank challan or demand draft?
Answer: No, the TANCET application fee can be paid only via net banking or credit/debit card.
Ques.Why has Anna University made the TANCET application submission process online?
Answer: Almost all the entrance exams have switched the registration or application process online because of the following major benefits:
- Online application form submission process is a fastest and easy way to apply for any exam.
- It saves applicant’s time and also reduces workload of the candidates and the organizing committee.
- Manual application form filling process is comparatively lengthy and error-prone.
Ques.I do not have an e-mail Id. Can I apply for TANCET 2019?
Answer: No, a valid e-mail Id is mandatory. You have to create an e-mail Id before applying for TANCET 2019.
Ques.What happens if my TANCET application payment fails?
Answer: The amount deducted will be credited to your bank in around 5 to 7 days. You must take a printout of receipt for your further convenience.
Ques.What is the significance of my GATE score over TANCET score?
Answer: In case you have qualified GATE, your TANCET scores hold no value. Your GATE scores will be taken into consideration for offering the PG courses at the engineering institutes of Tamil Nadu.
Ques.What are the various sections in TANCET 2019?
Answer: Following is the section-wise breakup of the TANCET 2019 exam for the MBA course:
- Verbal Ability: 25 questions
- Data Interpretation: 25 questions
- Mathematics: 25 questions
- English Language: 25 questions
Ques.What are the various sections in TANCET MCA 2019?
Answer: Following is the section-wise breakup of the TANCET 2019 exam for the MCA course:
- Quantitative Ability: 25 questions
- Analytical Reasoning: 25 questions
- Logical Reasoning: 25 questions
- Computer Awareness: 25 questions
Ques.What are the various sections in TANCET M.Tech., ME and M.Arch. 2019?
Answer: Following is the section-wise breakup of the TANCET 2019 exam for the M.Tech., ME and M.Arch. courses:
- Engineering Mathematics: 20 questions
- Basic Engineering and Sciences: 20 questions
- Part III (different for different courses): 60 questions
Ques.I am not able to open the official website for accessing the TANCET application form. What should I do?
Answer: You may once check your internet connection speed, try using some other browser, or clear cookies and history and try again. It should work.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College