HR College Of Commerce And Economics, Mumbai was established on June 20, 1960. The college is accredited with an 'A' grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC] and run by the Hyderabad Sind National Collegiate Board. It is also approved by the University Grants Commission with "Centre with Potential for Excellence".
HR College Courses include both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Programs offered at the undergraduate level are BMM, B. Com, B.Voc, Tourism and Hospitality management, and BMS + Add-on courses. While the program M. Com is offered at the postgraduate level. The college also offers a Ph.D. program at the Doctorate level.
These programs are offered under various specializations. Also, admission to these programs varies from one to another. Candidates will have to apply through the common admission forms and can find them at the portal of University of Mumbai. Eligible candidates can apply online or offline with required information.
All admission procedures are done strictly on basis of the merit list/marks obtained.
The college has achieved excellent academic standards, while simultaneously creating opportunities for the all-around development of students through sports and cultural activities. Its emphasis on faculty development, academia-industry linkages, internationalization and on student empowerment. It has a diverse and cosmopolitan atmosphere on the campus. Campus facilities such as Auditorium, Canteen, Computer Lab, Cultural zone, Gym, Library, Medical Facilities, Classroom, Sports are also present.
The college has a renowned fame in terms of its student placement records. Some of the renowned companies where it provides placement opportunities are Ernst & Young, Reliance, Deloitte, TATA Group, KPMG and many others.
H.R College Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1960 | Private.|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC).|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai.|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline.|
|Entrance Exam||for Ph.D.: University Entrance Test and UGC- NET/ JRF/ SET.|
|Courses Offered||5 UG Course and its various specializations + Add on courses, 1 PG Course (M.Com with 3 specializations) and 1 PHD Course (with 2 specializations).|
|Popular Courses||B.Com, M.Com, Business Management, Mass Media.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based and Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Gym, Library, Wi-Fi, Cafeteria, Auditorium, Laboratories, Sports, Guest Room, Research room, Computer faculties, ATM.|
H.R College Ranking and Awards
H.R. College team received the award under the Graduate College category on 5th March, 2016 at the Higher Education Forum (HEF) 7th Annual Convention held at Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, Malad. The institution was recognized for its leadership potential, its teaching excellence, its innovative learner-centric approach and its strong international linkages.
It received the Innovation award 2015 by the Higher Education Forum. It also received the title ‘College with Potential for Excellence’ by UGC, New Delhi.
H.R College Rankings:
|India Today||5th Rank In the category of Commerce Courses||2016|
|University of Mumbai.||Best College of Mumbai.||2010-2011|
|Current India Today Ranking.||7th||2020|
H.R College Courses
There are 5 UG courses offered by this college which includes BMM, B. Com, B.Voc, Tourism and Hospitality management, and BMS + Add-on courses. The Add-on courses are provided under several specializations namely Advertising, Sales promotion & Sales Management, Tourism & Travel Management, and Tax Procedure & Practice.
It offers 4 B.Com specializations courses. M.Com is the only program offered by the university at the postgraduate level. Interested candidates can choose to pursue the course in three different specializations. The College provides 2 Specialized PHD courses.
|B.Com||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: 12 from Maharashtra Board of Higher Education or equivalent from Commerce/ science stream
Specialization: General, Accounting and Finance, Banking and Insurance, Financial Markets
|B.Voc||Duration: 3 Years
Specialization: Retail Management
Eligibility Criteria: 12 from Maharashtra Board of Higher Education or equivalent from Commerce/ science stream.
|BMS||Specialization: Management Studies
Eligibility Criteria: 12 from Maharashtra Board of Higher Education or equivalent from Commerce/ science stream
Duration: 3 Years
|M.Com||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelors in Commerce
Specialization: General, Advanced Accountancy, Business Management
|Ph.D.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility Criteria: M.Com with 55% aggregate marks/ M.Phil
Number of Seats: 5
Specialization: Business Policy and Administration, Business Economics
Read More: HR College Courses & Fee
H.R College Admissions
For admission to any of the undergraduate programs, the candidates are shortlisted based on their performance in the last qualifying examination (Merit-based). For Add-on courses, the candidates must qualify the written entrance examination followed by Personal Interview and Group Discussion round conducted by the university.
Admission to M. Com is based on the candidates' performance in the last qualifying examination i.e. at graduation degree level.
Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program are required to qualify UGC-NET/JRF/SET followed by Personal Interview round conducted at the university.
Besides above-mentioned examinations, marks obtained by the candidates in Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) conducted by the university can also be considered for admission to Ph.D. Candidates who possess M. Phil need not appear in the entrance examination.
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the college for all the admission related information.
- Candidates must register by entering valid Email ID and Password.
- The Student needs to download the application form and take a printout of it.
- Fill in all the information carefully and attach the required documents with it and thereafter submit it to the College office.
- Application Fee is to be paid through demand draft.
Documents Required At The Time Of Submission Of Pre-admission Form:
- Printed copy of Pre-Admission Form.
- Printed Copy of Pre-Enrollment Form (College Copy) of University of Mumbai.
- 12th Mark sheet (Attested Copy).
- Students applying under Minority (Sindhi) / Sports / Cultural / Freedom Fighter / Handicap / Defense / Transfer / Widow / J & K Migrant / LD / other Quota, should submit the supporting documents for the same.
- For students from IB / Foreign Board Attested photocopy of Prima facie Certificate issued by Eligibility Section, University of Mumbai, Kalina, Santacruz.
Documents Required At The Time Of Admission (Payment Of Fees):
- Printed copy of Admission form.
- Printed Copy of Pre-Enrollment Form of University of Mumbai (MKCL).
- Std. 12th Mark sheet (3 Attested Photocopies).
- Std.10th Mark sheet (1 Photocopy).
- Passing Certificate (2 Attested Copies).
- Migration Certificate (for other than Maharashtra Board Students) (Original and 2 Attested Copies).
- Leaving Certificate (2 Attested Copies).
- Two latest passport size photographs. (COLOUR)
- Affidavit on stamp paper of Rs.100/- (Sindhi Students).
- AADHAR Card (1 Photocopy).
- For students from IB / Foreign Board original and photocopy of Prima facie Certificate issued by Eligibility Section, University of Mumbai, Kalina, Santacruz.
Read More: HR College Admission
H.R College Placements
The college has its own placement cell which looks upon the needs of the graduates as well as the companies. It has a specialized team of training officers. They consistently connect to the major commerce and management companies and build a connection between the companies and the graduates.
The college strongly encourages the students to pursue at least one corporate internship as well as one NGO internship in the three years of their degree programme. Thus the cell strives to get Summer Internship programmes to college by the top corporates. Internships have been in various fields like Marketing, Human Resource, Management, Finance, Sales and Content Writing.
The Placement cell has also facilitated various other events for the college like the Ernst & Young Scholarship Programme, KPMG Campus Ambassador Programme, Media Seminar – Viacom 18, HR Pulse and Article ship Placements etc.
Some of the well renowned companies that have given opportunities for the students are: Deloitte, KPGM, SchBang, Capital First, Grant Thornton, J.P. Morgan, Deutsche Bank, ICICI Bank, TATA Capital, Kotak, Reliance, The Oberoi Group, Etc. Stipend is usually around 3-4 lakhs p.a. It can go up to 6 lakhs p.a.
Read More: HR College Placement
H.R College Scholarships
College offers scholarship to students from reserved categories, socially and educationally backward classes of society, and economically weaker sections of the society. Apart from that educational loans are also offered by both the private and public sector banks as well as major companies.
In case a student achieves distinction in 12th and continues with B.Com in this college then the college provides some scholarship programmes which are quite easier to apply.
Read More: HR College Scholarship
H.R College Facilities
H.R. College contains all the major facilities. Facilities available are Gym, Library, Cafeteria, Auditorium, Lots of Laboratories, Conference rooms, parking, playground, Wi-Fi, Seminar Hall, Sports, and Guest Room.
- Laboratory: The college has well-equipped computer labs almost on each floor. These are utilized for conducting computer practicals, ICT - Certificate Courses and assisting faculty and students in research and project preparation. The computer labs have been completely modernized. The internet facilities in the labs are Wi-Fi enabled.
- Library: The College has a well-equipped, open access library with an air-conditioned reading room and language lab. The library has adopted the latest software and has a large collection of books, journals, magazines and audio-visual resources. The Library, which has been established which has a lot of national and international books available for its students. Reference journals are available.
- The Special Cell of H.R. College was formed in the college years ago, aiming to provide support for special children and children with learning difficulties.
- Health facilities are also available for the student’s safety.
- An Anti-Ragging cell has been formed in the college.
- Cafeteria: The college is famous for its Cafeteria, which serves mouth watering delicacies.
- The seminar hall with highly advanced equipment such as multimedia projectors and quality sound system is housed in the campus. Guest lectures, seminars, and conferences are conducted in the seminar hall through which students are provided a lively environment to exchange their innovative ideas and be updated with the current technical scenario around the world.
- There is an ATM on the campus.
- Other facilities are the video conferencing facility, Digital library and research Centre and Commerce and Management Research Centre.
H.R College Faculty
With high quality faculties, the institute is imparted to provide high quality knowledge and experience to the students. The Principal of H.R College is MR.PARAG THAKKAR. There are 70+ faculties present in the college. As the college offers various courses, every course has a highly educated mentor.
Dr. P. Ramchandani: Ph.D., M.Com, Head And Professor, Department Of Commerce & Business Management
Dr. Rajeshwari: Ph.D., M.Com, Head And Professor, Department Of Commerce & Business Management
Dr. Jehangir Bharucha: Ph.D., M.A, Head And Professor, Department Of Business Economics
Mrs. Anita Khushu: L.L.M., DHE, Head And Professor, Department Of Business Law
Ques. When are the exams conducted?
Ques. Does the college conduct International Programs?
What is the disturbing format for BMS/BFM/BMM/BBI?
Ques. Can you provide me some information about the festivals and clubs in the college?
Ques. What is the passing criteria in an examination in any UG Course?