Siliguri College of Commerce is one of the premier institutions of North Bengal. It was established in the year 1962 & is affiliated to the University of North Bengal. Presently, the college is running B.Com., B.Com(Honors), & BBA program at the undergraduate level. Admission to these programs is on the basis of merit. The college is hopeful to introduce MBA & Honors in Finance in the near future.
Siliguri College of Commerce Highlights
|Affiliation||University of North Bengal|
Siliguri College of Commerce Courses
The college offers B.Com., B.Com.(Hons.) & BBA programs at the UG level. A brief about the courses are tabulated below:
Read more: Siliguri College of Commerce Courses & Fees
Siliguri College of Commerce Admission
The selection of the candidates for the courses is done based on merit scored in the 10+2 examination. The college will publish the merit list based on marks after the completion of the application process. Selected candidates will have to appear for counselling procedure before admission
How to apply?
- Visit the college office to collect the application form
- The form will be enclosed with the prospectus.
- Fill the application form
- Submit the form along with all the required documents within the stipulated dates to the college office
Read more: Siliguri College of Commerce Admission
Siliguri College of Commerce Facilities
For the convenience and betterment of the students, the college provides the following facilities:
- Library: A well-equipped and computerized library has been established inside the college premise. It remains open from 2 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. on weekdays and from 5 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Students’ Health Home: Students of the college can avail of medical facilities, such as professional consultation, pathological tests, x-ray, and obtain spectacles, medicines, etc. from the Students’ Health Home.
- Cycle Stand: There is a cycle stand near the academic building for the use of students. Students who keep their vehicles on that stand will be given a numbered token.
Siliguri College of Commerce FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide any financial assistance to students?
Ans. Government scholarships are available for SC/St candidates. Besides this, the college also provides full-free and half-free studentship, & financial help to the needy & meritorious students
Ques. Does the college provide railway concession?
Ans. Yes, there are railway concessions for students during their vacations for their journey to home & back
Ques. How are the seat reservations for SC/ST candidates?
Ans. 22% of the total number of seats is reserved for SC candidates & 6% for ST candidates
Ques. What is the seat allocation for the BBA program?
Ans. Out of the 75 allocated seats for the BBA program, 38 are for the unreserved candidates, 17 for SC candidates, 5 for ST candidates, 13 for OBC candidates, and 2 for PH candidates.
Ques. When does the counselling process begin?
Ans. The date and time of the counselling session will be notified through the published merit list.
Ques. Is there any relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates?
Ans. There is 5% relaxation in marks for candidates under SC/ST category
Ques. Does the college entertain co-curricular activities?
Ans. Yes, there are NCC, NSS, Annual sports & University competitions