Dr. GR Damodaran College of Science located in Coimbatore is an autonomous institute established in 1988. GRDCS is affiliated to the Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and is recognized by UGC and NAAC with A+ Grade. The college offers UG, PG, M.Phil and Ph.D courses across different streams including arts, commerce and science courses in Management, Computer Science and Information Technology, Visual and Mass Communication, Commerce, and International Business, Biotechnology and Psychology, etc.
Admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate programs are done on the basis of merit and entrance exams. For admissions to MBA courses, MAT scores are considered.
GRDCS Coimbatore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1988 | Autonomous|
|Recognized by||UGC and NAAC|
|Affiliated to||Bharathiar University|
|Entrance exam||MAT; College entrance exam|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral and Diploma courses|
|Popular Courses||UG - B.A, B.Com, B.Sc. PG -M.B.A,M.C.A.,M.Sc|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||NIIT, Jet Airways, Accenture, IBM|
|Campus Area||15 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, library Placement Cell, and Sports Facilities|
|Official Website||GRDCS Coimbatore|
GRDCS Coimbatore Courses
The Institute offers a variety of courses with specializations in various fields. The below table provides detailed information about the courses offered:
|Post Graduate Diploma||
GRDCS also provides admissions to other UG and PG courses such as BA, BBA, BCA, MJMC, MIB, MCA etc. Admissions to these courses except MCA are merit based.
Read More: GRD College of Science Courses & Fees
GRDCS Coimbatore Admissions
Admissions at Dr. GR Damodaran College of Science is based on the candidate's scores in qualifying examinations. Students are required to obtain a decent percentage in the qualifying exam to become eligible for admission and the admission mode is an offline process. The college also conducts its own entrance test for admission to courses such as MCA, M.Sc(Biotech) and MBA. However for admissions to MBA courses, MAT scores are also considered. Admissions to all UG courses are merit based.
How to apply?
- Visit the official college website and click on the menu under admission.
- Click the ‘Admission Download’ Button.
- The students need to select their preferred course and fill each and every detail in a precise way and click on the ‘submit’ option.
- After done with the UG application form, it has to be sent with a Demand Draft of INR 240 in the name of Dr. G R D College of Science, Coimbatore.
- After done with the PG application form, it is to be sent along with the Demand Draft of INR 380 in the name of Dr. G R D College of Science, Coimbatore.
- After done with the MBA, MIB, MCA application form, it is to be sent along with the Demand Draft of INR 450 in the name of Dr. G R D College of Science, Coimbatore.
- After the application process, the students have to submit their documents before the due date to the college for verification.
Read More: GRD College of Science Admission
GRDCS Coimbatore Placements
Dr. GR Damodaran College of Science provides various internships and job openings to the students in very renowned companies. Placement opportunities are the highlight of this college. Every year, top companies tour the campus for the recruitment process and the top recruiters are NIIT, Jet Airways, Accenture, IBM, WIPRO Technologies, HSBC, GE Money, Air Sahara, Karvy Groups, TCS and many more. Many Students get placed in very renowned companies every year.
Read More: GRD College of Science Placement
GRDCS Coimbatore Scholarships
The college offers loan facility to its students belonging to the economically weaker section. Students can avail of bank loan facilities in order to pursue their education from GRDSC college.
Read More: GRD College of Science Scholarships
GRDCS Coimbatore Facilities
The college includes many facilities such as:
- Library: The college library has a variety of more than 34246 books with separate segments for both teachers and students. The library contains books on many topics like Computer Science, Management Science, Commerce and Business, Social Work, BioSciences, Communication, and languages.
- Infrastructure: The college has a well-developed infrastructure with a lot of facilities. The campus is widely spread in 15 acres with greenery and well maintenance.
- Classrooms: The college has many classrooms equipped with smart class facilities, with excellent speakers that are audible to the students.
- Labs: The college has the most advanced lab facilities and the latest equipment. The labs are well designed and have a lab assistant. Some of them are Chemistry Lab, Computer Lab, Physics Lab, Sensors and Robotics Lab, Hardware Lab and Communication Lab.
- Hostel: The college provides separate hostel facilities to both boys and girls.
- Canteen: The college has a canteen for the students offering a variety of cuisines to the students on campus.
Other facilities are Gym, Hospital and Medical Facilities, Wi-Fi, Auditorium, Sports complex etc.
Read More: GRD College of Science Facilities
GRDCS Coimbatore Faculty
The G R Damodar college has highly qualified professors for different departments. The faculty members are highly trained in their subjects and have great experience in their fields. Here are a few faculty members of the college:
- V L Narayanan: Associate Professor, Department of Commerce
Qualification: B.Sc., B.Ed., M.C.A.,M.Com (BIM)., M.Phil
- N.Meeran Mydheen: Associate Professor, Department of Commerce
Qualification: M.Com., M.Phil., PGDPMIR, DCA
- Dr.N.Sudha Bhuvaneswari: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
Qualification: B.Sc(CS), MCA, Ph.D
- Dr. R.Srividhya: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
Read More: GRD College of Science Faculty
Ques. What all courses are offered for post-graduation at Dr. GRD College of Science?
Ques. How can one apply for admission to Dr. GRD College of Science?
- Register and Apply
The students need to apply with the required information for registration.
- Group Discussion
Shortlisted students will be selected for a Group Discussion round based on their rankings obtained in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
- Personal Interview
The next step for admission would be the Personal Interview based on their performance in the Group Discussion round.
- Final Selection
The Final round selection will be done on the basis of academic qualification and scoring in the entrance test, group discussion, and personal interview round.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission at Dr. GRD College of Science?
- Acknowledgment slip and admission fee slip
- ID proof
- Age proof certificate
- Mark sheet of 10+2
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD) if applicable
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Last cleared exam results (if applicable)
Ques. When was Dr. GRD College of Science established and is it recognised by UGC?
Ques. What is the fee structure for an MBA program at Dr. GRD College of Science?