Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Centre for Communication and Management (BCCM) is the pioneer Institution in the field of management. The mission of BCCM is to "Develop professional, efficient and creative managerial acumen of the students for global industry and services". It offers 2 years PGDM Program approved by AICTE and recognized by MHRD. Admission to this program is done on the basis of MAT, CAT, XAT, etc score.
The institute time to time conducts various programs and activities like Chairman’s Day, NHRD Program, Sport and cultural activities, Corporate Social Responsibility, Faculty and Management development programs and many more.
BCCM Bhubaneswar Highlights
Established | Type
2006 | Private
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Maj Gen Basant Kumar Mahapatra, AVSM
11 full-time faculty and 25 guest faculty
Over 10,000 books
46 print journals, 25 e-journals, 200 bound volumes journals
Application mode | Fees
Online and Offline | INR 500
|Location||Plot No. 9, Kharavel Nagar,
Unit-3, Behind RBI/ Keshari Talkies,
Bhubaneswar, Odisha, 751001
|How to Reach||
Connectivity to Airport/ Metro/ Train/ Bus station
BCCM Bhubaneswar Courses
The institute offers a full-time PGDM program (Post Graduate Diploma in Management). The duration of this program is 2 years. It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The students offered to choose Business Specific Super Specialization in the term Sixth trimester. The choice of these two subjects as specialization is to be made out of the following subjects: Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Health Care and Hospital Management. To know more, click here
BCCM Bhubaneswar Admission
Registration for admission to the PGDM program is done through both online and offline mode. Applicants can choose any one of them. To be eligible for admission, students must have a graduate degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ BBA/ BCA/ B.Tech (for General Category) and 45% (for SC/ST Category) with valid Test Score from any of the approved Tests CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ OJEE.
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be selected based on marks obtained in their bachelor’s degree, scores obtained in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ OJEE entrance exams and based on performance in group discussion and personal interview. The final selection is done on the basis of the overall performance of candidates.
Check: BCCM Bhubaneswar Admission
BCCM Bhubaneswar Placement
Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Centre for Communication and Management, Bhubaneswar has a dedicated placement cell that offers professional training and placement opportunities to students. The institute has always had a 100% placement record. Last year, the batch of 2017-2019 witnessed a successful placement season with many students getting placed in the industry across various sectors such as Banking & Financial Services, Digital & E-commerce, FMCG, Retail and other sectors. Recruiting companies across all sectors included industry giants such as Amazon, Flipkart, PayTM, Britannia Industries, Safechem Industries, Akash Institute, Amara Raja Batteries, AIS Glass, Mirc Electronics Tech Mahindra, RBS, UPS Logistics, Wipro, HSBC, Aditya Birla Group and many more.
- Maximum Salary: INR 10 LPA
- Minimum Salary: INR 2.4 LPA
- Average Salary: INR 4.20 LPA
Check: BCCM Bhubaneswar Placement
BCCM Bhubaneswar Scholarship
The institute provides the scholarship to deserving students on the basis of merit list. A maximum of 20% of all students are admitted on the basis of following merit cum scholarship. However the awarding of the scholarship, the decision of the college authorities will be final. Scholarship details are as follows:
|Academic career cum means score||Scholarship per Year (in Rs.)||Total for 2 Years (in Rs.)|
|90% & above||INR 40000||INR 80000|
|80% & above||INR 30000||INR 60000|
|70% & above||INR 20000||INR 40000|
|60% & above||INR 10000||INR 20000|
BCCM Bhubaneswar Facilities
The institute offers world-class facilities and state of the art infrastructure to its students to assist and enable them to understand their curriculum better and in a more interactive way. The provisions and facilities offered to students are as follows:
- Library: “Large collection of books in multi knowledge arena in this library will fulfill the basic desire of the public, particularly that of students to prepare for various competitive examinations and be successful while striving for unending knowledge. I wholeheartedly compliment all members of Bhavan for this noble contribution to the society”. – Bharat Ratna Shri Pranab Mukherjee, President of India. Bhavan’s Centre for Communication and Management (BCCM) has a well-equipped library, where not only the management students but also the institute have opened the library since 2008 for the public especially those preparing for various competitive examinations and many students are able to get government jobs.
- The Library was expanded and renamed as “Ramakrishnan Knowledge Centre” and dedicated to the people of Odisha on 7.9.2013 by the former President of India, Bharat Ratna Shri Pranab Mukharjee.
- The library has a large number of books and research papers in different Management specializations, Technology, Skill Development, Art & Culture and General knowledge for self-development and self-improvement.
- The Library has over 12,000 volumes of books, 750 publications, more than 50 journals International and National, valuable reference books, which help all student readers to gain access to all forms of published knowledge.
- Further, the library contains large numbers of books on various competitive examinations for Banks, Railways, Postal, Central and State administrative Services and other qualifying examinations, where large numbers of students prepare for competitive examinations.
- Soft Skill, Personality Development, Career Counseling, Computer skills, and other skill development training are available especially for library students to enhance their employability skills.
- Large numbers of books on Spiritual, Philosophy, Theosophy, Human Values, Children’s books written by many eminent authors and published by Bhavan publications for use of senior citizens.
- Gandhi Computer Training Center: The institute aims to provide free computer training to the persons belonging to economically backward and promote computer literacy, Bhavan’s Gandhi Computer Institute was started in the year 2003. The courses provide the students with lifelong learning of computer concepts and skills and give them an in-depth understanding of why computers are essential components in business, education and society.
- Hostel: Hostel facility is available for boys and girls separately. Students are offered all necessary provisions such as Wi-Fi, dedicated library, meditation room, indoor games, and gymnasium.
- English Lab - To improve the communication skills of students, the Institute has an English lab equipped with high tech computers with communication software.
- Highly qualified faculty- The Institute has dynamic and dedicated faculty that are committed towards goal-oriented efficient teaching with an effective methodology.
- Auditorium – The institute has 2 auditoriums namely- Aditya Birla Hall with a seating capacity of 150 seats and Munshii Hall with a seating capacity of 250 seats.
- Cafeteria – The college has a cafeteria that provides Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner to the students and staff on need basis.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: BCCM organizes various social activities for students to learn through social services. The students get accompanied by the faculty members of the institute to understand the harsh realities of life and the real meaning of the social services for humanities. Some of the Corporate Social Responsibilities programs conducted by the institute are as follows:
- Swabhiman: Swabhiman has undertaken a project “Empowerment of Disabled”, a network known as “Orissa State Disability Network”(OSDN) has been executed through which grievances and improvement/development of disabled are referred to the Odisha Government for action.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Blood Donation
- Cultural Outreach Programs
- Literary Meetings
- Think Tank Odisha
- Meetings for Professional Bodies
BCCM Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques. Why join BCCM?
Ans. BCCM Bhubaneswar is a pioneer institution in the field of management. It has a state of the art infrastructure along with the following services:
- Dual Specialization (Marketing/ Finance/ HR/ Operations/ IT/ Hospital and Healthcare Management.
- With industry-relevant curriculum, technology blended teaching-learning and centre for entrepreneurship and business incubation.
- Three months industrial on the job training with SIP.
- The curriculum includes SAP, ERP and Business Analytics Certification.
- Special emphasis on Employability Skills including Personality Development and Soft Skill Training.
- Student Exchange Program with Indian and International Business Schools.
Ques. How is the infrastructure of BCCM better than other colleges?
Ans. BCCM is centrally located having state of the infrastructure that includes wi-fi campus, digitally-driven smart classroom, modernized computer lab with the latest software, well-equipped auditorium, seminar hall, board room, language lab and in-campus hostel facilities for boys and girls. Its lush green campus ambiance with all outdoor and indoor games facilities attracts the students.
Ques. What are the advantages of doing PGDM?
Ans. The most prominent advantage of this course is its curriculum, advanced teaching methodology, practical approach to tackle situations, industry exposure and regular interactions with industry and corporate leaders. There are different career opportunities for PGDM students in private companies. Some of the positions are that of a business manager, management trainer, finance executive, marketing assistant, HR executive, and client relationship manager.
Ques. How BCCM’s courses are relevant to today's global market?
Ans. The program has a dual specialization option with the latest industry oriented curriculum. Practical Job oriented training constitutes the major focus of the curriculum, Business Analytics Certificate Program, Live two months Summer Internship Programme (SIP) followed by one-month Shop Floor Training and specializations in HR, Marketing, Finance, IT, Operations, Health Care & Hospital Management, Capstan Project, Community Development Project, Rural Innovation Project, Social Sensitization Project, Business History, Focus on Health and Fitness of the Students are important dimensions of the PGDM Program.
Ques. Does the institute organize Personality Development Programs?
Ans. The institute provides personality development classes like soft skill training, spoken English, body language, table manners, sense of dress code, mock interview, stage fearness, Stress Management, Group Discussion, Personal Interview with Personality Profiling are given top priority.
Ques. Difference between doing MBA from the other institute and PGDM from BCCM?
Ans. The following is the difference between doing an MBA and PGDM:
|Degree offered by topmost Management colleges in India||All colleges under a university can offer an MBA course||The top large size and best Management Colleges in India offer PGDM Degrees like IIMs, XLRI, MDI, IMT, ISB, S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), IMI, Great Lake Institute of Management, M. P. Birla Institute of Management, Bhavan’s Usha Laxmi Mittal Institute of Management, etc|
|Affiliation & Accreditation||MBA degree is affiliated to Universities, under UGC, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India||PGDM degree is given by large autonomous Institutions under AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India|
|Career Prospect||Postgraduate/ Masters's degree course and train students in managerial & leadership positions and hence equivalent to each other.||Postgraduate/ Master’s degree course and train students in managerial & leadership positions and hence equivalent to each other. However, job potential is better through PGDM.|
Accredited by UGC
The curriculum cannot be up-graded frequently because of a vast & complex administration system
Recognized & regulated by AICTE
The curriculum is industry-oriented and can be upgraded frequently to include new edge techniques, tools, and trends in business management
|Academic difference||More theoretical and based on bookish knowledge||
|Course Duration||2 years full time||2 years full time|
|Placement, Pay & Scope of promotions for fresher||Less salary compared to PGDM students||Offers better placement scope, better salary and better promotion because of close and continuous contact with industry compared to MBA qualified|
|Scope for Research & Higher Studies||Possible||Possible | PGDM is preferred in Foreign Universities|