Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai a top-flight business school and one of the best institutes in southern states. It was founded in 2004. The Chennai campus in a short span of time emerged as a premier business school in India. Great Lakes has consistently been among the most innovative b-schools in responding to the business needs of the future. Great Lakes has 50+ full time faculty and 130+ visiting faculty including over 25 international faculty from top schools like Yale, Kellogg and Stanford ensuring that students have global perspectives.
Established in 2010, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon is the second campus of Great Lakes and offers the same high quality education as the first campus in Chennai.
The Institute offers two full time and many corporate courses and is approved by AICTE. The PGPM Course at Great Lakes is the only One-year management course and PGDM is of two years. Great Lakes Institute of Management Admissions takes place on the basis of Entrance like CAT/XAT/GMAT and on merit-basis.
Great Lakes Institute of Management Highlights
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
Manamai Village Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Great Lakes Institute of Management Courses
One year Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM):
The PGPM is a one year full time MBA program suitable for candidates with 2+ years of experience. It allows the experienced candidates to get back to the industry in a short span of 1 year, minimizing the break from career and maximizing the return on investment. An exceptional peer group with 1300+ years of collective experience ensures as much learning outside the class room as inside.
- Specializations offered: Marketing, IT & Operations, Finance, Analytics, AI & Machine Learning, and Organizational Behaviour & Strategy
- Placement Highlights: The Chennai PGPM batch of 2018 had an Avg. CTC of INR 12.17 lakhs p.a. and highest domestic CTC of INR 26.38 lakhs p.a. offered by a global consulting firm. The Gurgaon PGPM batch of 2018 had an Avg. CTC of INR 11.14 lakhs p.a.
Two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM):
The PGDM is designed for freshers and graduates with 0-2 years of experience. It has emphasis on experiential learning with Karma-Yoga Experiential leadership program, Empirical study, live projects and summer internships. Major recruiters for the PGDM have been Banking & Financial services and FMCG companies.
- Specializations offered: Marketing, IT & Operations, Finance, Analytics, and Organizational Behaviour & Strategy
- Placement Highlights: The Chennai PGDM batch of 2018 had an Avg. CTC of INR 9.3 lakhs p.a. The Gurgaon PGDM batch of 2018 had an Avg. CTC of INR 9.2 lakhs p.a.
Great Lakes Admissions Process - Profile based shortlisting
Great Lakes has a comprehensive selection process which considers multiple parameters beyond just competitive exam scores.
- The overall profile based shortlisting takes into account the academic track record, work profile, professional as well as personal achievements and the essays in the application form.
- Interview Process includes Personal Interview along with an Analytical Writing Test
- Great Lakes accepts CAT, XAT and GMAT scores. Great Lakes has students with a wide range of test scores from 85-98%tile in CAT/XAT and 580-780 in GMAT.
- A minimum 2 years of work experience (as on 31st Mar 2019) for the PGPM and less than 2 years of work experience (as on 30th Jun 2019) for PGDM
- Exam scores accepted: CAT scores of the year 2017/2018 (for both PGPM & PGDM), XAT scores of the year 2018/2019 (for both PGPM & PGDM) or GMAT scores taken after Jan 1, 2016 for PGPM and after Jan 1, 2017 for PGDM.
- All applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution
Great Lakes Institute of Management Rankings
- NIRF Rankings 2018: Ranked 16th Overall, 4th among non-IIM/IITs and 2nd among private B-schools. Great Lakes was ranked 6th in overall teaching & learning quality.
- Ranked 3rd by Outlook India & 4th by Businessworld in One year MBAs
- 9th by Business India & 14th by Business Today among top Indian B-Schools
- 1st among top Indian B-schools in Analytics by Analytics India Magazine