Sona School of Management (SSoM), Salem is ranked 29th pan India rank by Business India 2020. The institute offers a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in six specializations namely Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing, HR, Productions and Family Business. Admission is done on the basis of the entrance exam and cutoff criteria of the institute.
Sona School of Management has started the application process for MBA Admission 2021. Candidates can visit the official website to apply for the same till April 30, 2021.
Sona School of Management Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1998 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE | NBA|
|Affiliated to||Anna University, Chennai|
National: CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT
|Application Mode | Fees||Online & Offline | INR 650 & INR 800|
|Top Recruiters||Amul, Arun Excello Group - Chennai, AVTEC, Axis Bank, HCL Chennai, HDB Financial Services, HDFC Asset Management|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Sports, Music Studio, Computer Lab, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||91-427-4099999 | 4099977|
|Location||Sona School of Management,
Junction Main Road,
Salem - 636 005, Tamilnadu, India.
Sona School of Management Rankings
- Ranked 12th pan India by Outlook 2021.
- Ranked 10th pan India by The Week 2020.
- Ranked 29th pan India by Business India 2020.
Sona School of Management Courses
SSoM Salem offers PG Course in Management. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
Course: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Specialization: Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing, HR, Productions and Family Business.
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) and obtained a valid score in CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ TANCET.
- Duration: 2 years
Check: SSoM Salem Courses and Fees
Sona School of Management Admission
- Visit the institute website and go to the ‘Admission’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button and proceed.
- Fill all the mandatory details.
- After filling the form, upload a passport size photo and click on ‘Submit’.
- Pay an application fee of INR 650 through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Download the “Application” form from the official website or collect it from the college office.
- Pay the application fee of INR 800 through demand draft in favor of “Sona School of Management” payable at Salem.
- Submit the duly filled form along with the Demand Draft to the address given below:
The Admission Team,
Sona School of Management,
Sona Nagar, Salem
Check: SSoM Salem Admission
Sona School of Management Placement
The university has a placement cell that bridges a gap between students and industry. The placement cell has successfully placed its students in various firms in the corporate world. Some of the placement highlights are:
- Indian Highest Salary Package: INR 7.1 LPA
- International Highest Salary Package: INR 20+ LPA
- Top Recruiters: Amul, Arun Excello Group - Chennai, AVTEC, Axis Bank, HCL Chennai, HDB Financial Services, HDFC Asset Management, IDBI Insurance, JARO Education, Just Dial, VKC - Kerala, Weikfield, WildCraft Pvt Ltd., ZOHO and many more.
Check: SSoM Salem Placement
Sona School of Management Facilities
Library: The Central Library has a collection of over 89,076 documents covering all disciplines. It includes books, back volumes, standards, atlases, audio/video cassettes, CD-ROMs. The Central Library receives 214 journals/ Magazines Indian and Foreign.
Sports: The college has invested in a state-of-the-art fitness center, sports equipment and musical instruments. The institute has separate fitness facilities for girl students. It organizes various outdoor and indoor activities.
Music Club: SSoM has a separate music room to train students for Vocal light music, Vocal classical music, Instrumental music, Keyboard, Guitar, Violin, Flute, Rhythm Pad, Drums, Trumpet, Saxophone, Clarinet, Shenoy.
Hostel: The institute has separate rooms and boards for boys and girls at separate hostels. Each room has a table, chair, cot and fan. An able staff of Warden, Dy. Warden, Asst. Warden, Residential Tutors, and Mess Representatives are at hand round the clock.
Check: SSoM Salem Hostel Fees
Sona School of Management Faculty
The institute has highly qualified and well-experienced faculty. The faculty members develop and deliver the educational programs that bring excellent students to the institute. The faculty has impeccable qualifications, extensive expertise and experience in their chosen fields, and an overriding commitment to the welfare of the students.
Check: SSoM Salem Faculty
Sona School of Management FAQs
Ques. When can I contact the office for admission related queries?
Ans. You can contact between 9.30 am to 04.45 pm on weekdays. Alternatively, you can reach out to SONA at any time through the mail. Mail your admission and program-related queries at email@example.com
Ques. What is the required cut off to apply for the MBA programs through the TANCET entrance test?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for Management Quota seats through TANCET score is 35 and above. However, scores below 35 and more than 30, with work experience and excellent communication ability may be considered on a case to case basis.
Ques. What are the funding options for the fee of an MBA program?
Ans. SONA Salem can recommend the self-financing companies or banks to provide educational loans for their students. Students have obtained educational loans from various nationalized banks and private sector banks.
Ques. What do I expect from a GD and Personal Interview?
Ans. Applicants are expected to be conversant in English language, analytical thinking, Knowledge of current affairs, clear SOP (statement of purpose) to pursue MBA, leadership potential and a positive attitude.
Ques. Why should I choose SSoM Salem?
Ans. SSoM Salem is one of the top B-Schools in India. Some of the key highlights of the institute are as follows:
- MBA with industry immersed programs in collaboration with leading industries.
- Excellent placement including Global/ Foreign placement
- Scholarship for the meritorious students
- International study tour
- One of the best industry-linked management schools
- Live projects
- Mentors from Top Industries and academic bodies - including IIMs and IITs
- Guidance for Family Business Management