Xavier Institute of Social Science (XISS) Ranchi, established in 1955, is managed and governed by the Society of Jesus – more popularly known as “Jesuits”. It offers PGDM course in five specializations viz. HRM, FM, Operation Management, Rural Management, Information Technology, Marketing. The highest package offered to the student of PGDM was INR 14.5 LPA while the average package went up to INR 5.14 LPA.
XISS PGDM Admission 2021 (Second Phase) has begun. The last date to apply is March 10 (11:55 PM). Meanwhile, GD/PI rounds for first phase PGDM admissions is scheduled for February 17.
XISS Ranchi Highlights
|Mode of Admission||Online|
XISS Ranchi Courses
Xavier Institute of Social Services (XISS) offers admission to Postgraduate Diploma Management under 5 specializations viz HRM, FM, Operation Management, Rural Management, Information Technology, Marketing.
Course: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Duration: 2 years
- Specialization: HRM, FM, Operation Management, Rural Management, Information Technology, Marketing.
- Eligibility: Graduation with above 50% marks in any stream.
- Selection Criteria: performance in the CAT/XAT/CMAT Entrance Exam
Read More XISS Ranchi Courses and Fees
XISS Ranchi Admission
The admission to the course will be based on the performance in the CAT/XAT/CMAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by XISS. The application form can be filled online through the official website of the institution and the application fee should be paid through the Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
Step 1: Visit the website: https://forms.xiss.ac.in/
Step 2: Register through valid email id.
Step 3: OTP will be sent to the registered email id for verification.
Step 4: Enter the important details and academic records.
Step 5: Upload a passport size photograph along with the required documents.
Step 6: Pay the application fee through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
Step 7: Submit the application form
|One specialization||INR 2100|
|Two specializations||INR 2600|
Read More XISS Ranchi Admission
XISS Ranchi Placements
The Training and Placement activities encourage students to opt for jobs that better suit their profile. The placement season commences in the first month of every academic year and continues till the end of the academic year. Pre-Placement Talks are conducted for the final year students prior to the commencement of placement session every year.
The T&P cell has adequate infrastructure to accommodate all the activities related to training and placement of PSIT students. It has wireless connectivity with company operations rooms, interview rooms, GD rooms, Seminar rooms and student coordination rooms. XISS was successful in getting the participation of some 83+ companies in the final placement process out of which 48% were new recruiters.
- Number of offers: 285
- Highest salary: of INR 14.50 lakh per annum
- Average salary: package was INR 5.31 lakh per annum.
Read More XISS Ranchi Placements
XISS Ranchi Facility
Following are the facilities offered by the University to the students:
- Library: It has a rich collection of over 34 lakh books and e-journals, 8494 national and international print journals. The library is provided with INFONET services that facilitate online access to e-books and journals.
- Hostels: The University has 2 boys and 2 girls hostels for the students studying in its academic programs. It provides facilities like Wi-Fi, Safe drinking water, Round the clock security, Availability of qualified doctors and a resident warden.
- Laboratories: It provides excellent opportunities to the faculty and students for conducting innovative research in multiple disciplines. It has the most modern computer labs equipped with high-end software systems. It serves with 5 Gbps of internet speed to students.
- Computer/ IT Facility: The Institute has a computer lab with 204 desktops and internet facility exclusively for Management students. The institute has a computer lab consisting of 120 computers and English language learning lab with internet facility on all computers.
XISS Ranchi About
Xavier Institute of Social services (XISS) Ranchi was established in 1955. XISS is located in Ranchi. XISS has been approved by AICTE. XISS has an MoU with IPE Global limited, Delhi and Charles University, Prague. The Institute is managed and governed by the Society of Jesus – more popularly known as “Jesuits”.
In 1978, XISS Ranchi was moved to its present site. 1973 XISS was registered as a discrete educational society under the Societies Registration Act. XISS Ranchi aims to become a leading management school in India by offering a variety of academic, research, social involvement and outreach programmes. XISS offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management in various specializations. Admissions at XISS are conducted every year.
XISS Ranchi FAQs
Ques. How is XISS Ranchi for MBA?
Ans. XISS is good for HR and RM but than again few students got placements around 60%–70% students get placements from XISS for HR specialization and also XISS is not increasing there batch size because very few companies visits there campus they find very hard to rush companies for placement in there campus. (Answered by XISS student at Quora).
Ques. How can I apply for XISS Ranchi?
Ans. Aspiring candidates will have to apply online for appearing in one or more exams by visiting https://www.xatonline.net.in, https://www.iimcat.ac.in, or https://aicte-cmat.in. The candidates will have to apply separately at XISS, Ranchi. The institute will accept only online registrations.
Ques. Does XISS Ranchi accept MAT Score?
Ans. XISS, Ranchi does not accept MAT score for admission. It accepts CMAT score. XISS, Ranchi does not accept MAT score for admission. It accepts CMAT score.
Ques. What is the fees of MBA Program at XISS Ranchi?
Ans. Total fees at XISS Ranchi for MBA Program is approx INR 8 lacs – INR 9 lacs.
Ques. What is CAT Cutoff for XISS Ranchi MBA Program?
Ans. The cut off percentile for XISS's various courses are mentioned as follows:
- HRM - 65+
- Finance - 50+
- Marketing - 50+
- Rural Management - 30+
- Information Technology - 30+