Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT) in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, was established in 1956. The Institution obtained autonomous status in 1987. It is affiliated to the Anna University, Chennai.
CIT offers Under Graduate (UG) course in various disciplines of BE/B.Tech and Post Graduate (PG) course in ME/M.Tech and M.Sc . In addition to these the college also offers M.S. and Ph.D. Research programmes. All the disciplines under UG course are of 4 years’ duration and all the disciplines under PG course are of 2 years’ duration.
Application fees can be paid under two categories i.e. Govt. aided and Self-financing/Non-Govt. aided. The institute also offers part-time degree course in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical and Electronics Engineering (3.5 years of duration). CIT also offers M.E and M.Tech in 11 disciplines along with 4 part time disciplines.
For admission to B.Tech & B.E courses Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is conducted by Anna University. The application form for which can be filled in both online and offline mode. Application fee can be paid online or via DD or cash.
- Candidates who have passed class 12th from Tamil Nadu are eligible for TNEA.
- Applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu only will be considered for admission. However, children of central Government employees not domiciled in Tamil Nadu have to provide a valid certificate of their parents who have been serving continuously for more than five years at the time of submission of application.
- To secure admission in M.E/M.Tech programmes, students have to qualify TANCET followed by central counselling conducted by Tamil Nadu state.
- Admission to M.Sc is given to those students who have passed HSC or equivalent in Physics Chemistry and Math as the subject of study.
- For MCA course a candidate should have passed a 3-year degree course in Computer Applications.
|Name of College||Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT) Affiliated to Anna University, Tamil Nadu|
|Basic admission criteria||For B.Tech/BE: Passed HSC from Tamil Nadu.|
|For M.Tech: Bachelor’s degree in respective discipline|
|Application Mode||For B.Tech/BE: Online and Offline|
|For M.Tech: Online|
|Name of Entrance||For B.Tech/BE: Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) conducted by Anna University|
|For M.Tech: TANCET by Anna University|
|Entrance Exam mode||offline|
|Counseling for B.Tech||State|