Lady Brabourne College was established in July 1939 by the government of Bengal. Presently, the institute offers Bachelor’s and Master’s in a number of disciplines under the departments of Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Persian, History, Philosophy, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science and Statistics. It is one of the most reputed colleges for Women education in the state. Lady Brabourne Collegeis affiliated to Calcutta University.
- Applications for admissions have to be submitted online.
- Applicants must hold Higher Secondary Examinations Certificate if they wish to apply for UG courses.
- Candidates who have completed graduation are eligible to apply for post graduation courses.
- Admissions to B.Sc courses will be entrance based whereas for B.A program courses will be merit based as per the rules of the university.
- Candidates will be admitted to PG courses through both direct admissions under the Calcutta University and Entrance based admissions by the college.
Highlights ofLady Brabourne College Admissions
|Name of College||Lady Brabourne College|
|College type||State Government|
|Basic admission criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
Check: Fee Structure of courses by Lady Brabourne College
Lady Brabourne College Admission Schedule
|Course Name||Start of Application||Last Date of Application||Date of Publication of Merit-List|
|PG Courses||June 24, 2019||July 06, 2019||July 07, 2019|
Lady Brabourne College BA and B.Sc Admission 2019
Lady Brabourne College offers Bachelor’s in Science under the disciplines of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Microbiology, Economics, Statistics, Botany, Zoology, Geography and Computer Science. Candidates must have passed class 12th in Science stream with 50% aggregate marks. Admissions will be as per the norms of Calcutta University that is through entrance exam conducted by the university.
The college also offers Bachelor’s in Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Persian, History, Philosophy, Sociology, Political Science, and Psychology. Candidates must have passed class 12th in any stream with 50% aggregate marks. Admissions will be merit based as per the rules of the university.
|B.Sc||Physics||Passed 10+2 in Science stream with Physics & Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects||Entrance based|
|Chemistry||Passed 10+2 in Science stream with Chemistry as one of the compulsory subjects|
|Mathematics||Passed 10+2 in Science stream with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects|
|Botany||Passed 10+2 in Science stream with Biology/ Biotechnology as one of the compulsory subjects|
|Geography||Passed 10+2 in Science stream|
|Computer Science||Passed 10+2 in Science stream with mathematics and Physics/ Statistics/ Computer Science|
|B.A||Bengali||Passed 10+2 examinations in any stream||Merit based|
Lady Brabourne College M.Sc and MA Admission 2019
At postgraduate level, LBC offers Master’s programs in Geography, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Bengali, Political Science and English. Candidates must hold B.Sc in the concerned disciplines if they wish to apply for M.Sc courses at LBC. For M.A courses, candidates who have passed Bachelor’s in Arts with at least 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply.
Admissions will be made as per the norms of the university. 60% of the total intake will be merit based and the admissions will be conducted by the university. For the remaining 40% seats, the college will conduct an entrance exam.
|Direct Admission (60%)||Admission Test (40%)|
|M.Sc||Geography||16||10||B.A/ B.Sc Geography with 50% aggregate marks in case candidates passed from Calcutta University and 55% for other universities||Direct and Entrance based|
|Mathematics||18||12||B.Sc Mathematics with 45% aggregate marks|
|Microbiology||15||10||B.Sc Microbiology with 55% aggregate marks|
|Physics||9||6||B.Sc Geography with 50% aggregate marks in case of candidates passed from Calcutta University and 60% for other universities|
|Chemistry||10||8||B.Sc Chemistry with 50% aggregate marks|
|Botany||9||6||B.Sc Botany with 45% aggregate marks|
|Zoology||11||6||B.Sc Zoology with 45% aggregate marks|
|M.A||Bengali||12||8||B.A Bengali with 50% aggregate marks|
|Political Science||10||6||B.A Political Science with 50% aggregate marks|
|English||9||6||B.A English with 50% aggregate marks|
Key Points for Admission:
- For M.A Political Science, no admission test will be conducted by the college under the remaining 40% seats. Admissions to these seats will also be based on merit in qualifying examination.
- Qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates is 40% in the qualifying exam, candidates belonging to SC/ ST category from other than West Bengal state, will be considered as general candidates.
Lady Brabourne College Application Procedure 2019
Applications for admissions to Lady Brabourne College will have to be submitted online through the official portal of the college. Applications forms for PG courses will be available on the website.
- Visit official website of LBC, Kolkata.
- Select ‘Admissions’ tab at the home page of the website.
- Select ladybrabourne admissions link on the redirected page.
- Click on ‘Admissions to Post Graduate Courses’ link.
- Select Application Form link and register with valid details.
- Login to complete the application process.
- Proceed to pay the application fee of INR 500 for PG courses through online mode.
- In case candidate wants to fill the application fee offline, the fee need to be paid at core branch of Indian Bank through bank challan.
- Candidates must carry following documents at the time of admissions:
- Passport size photographs pasted on the application form attested by gazette officer
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Date of birth proof
- SC/ ST/ OBC certificate
- Bank challan copy
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College