Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR) is one of the best women’s arts college in University of Delhi eshtablished by Lala Shri Ram in the memory of his wife Phoolan Devi(Lady Shri Ram) in the year 1956.
- Aung San Suu Kyi: Pro-democracy activist and leader of the National League for Democracy in Burma, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
- Anjali Gopalan: Nobel Peace Prize Nominee and hounoured with Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur,Founder of Naz Foundation (India) Trust
- Sujatha Singh: Indian Foreign Secretary
- Chhavi Rajawat: Sarpanch of village Soda
- Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
- Anupriya Patel: MLA Uttar Pradesh
- Shweta Rajpal Kohli: Economic Affairs Edit
Placements: The placement cell of the college acts as a mediator between the recruiters & the students. Furthermore, it lays emphasis on organizing study abroad seminars, talks, Internships & Workshops for students.
No. of students who were palced in various companies from 2012-2013 batch
No. of Students placed
Ernst and Young
International Colaboration: Lady Shri Ram College has been one of the pioneers in Delhi University as far as International Collaboration is concerned and these have increased exponentially in recent years as more and more Universities across the world are looking for Global Partners. Various college with which LSR have collaboration are:
- La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia
- King's College London
Faculty have also benefited from exchange programmes with Kenyon University, Ohio, Winston Salem State University, Ohio-Wesleyan University, Thomas College, Maine, among others
- Public Speaking Society
- Quiz Society
- Indian Music Society
- Western Music Society
- Academic Forum
- Dramatic Society
- Dance Society
Hostel: Hostel accommodation for around 300 enthusiastic students is available in the campus. It has well furnished rooms along with common mess & is surrounded by beautiful lawns.
The cafe: The Cafe at LSR is the most popular place for students to hangout as provides delicious & hygienic food. It offers great variety of items from south India to continental cuisine. Undoubtedly, the college has BEST Cafeteria in Delhi University.
Auditorium: The 'Ramakrishna Dalmia Auditorium' first time-honored on 31st January 1991, was initiated by the Dalai Lama. The college always takes a great pride in hosting the talks by guest speakers, inter-college competitions, daily assembly, annual College day & movie screenings functions. The auditorium was established with the sole aim of enhancing the creativity & talent of the students.
Library: The college has state-of- the- art library with open rank system, reference section & spacious reading room. It has an impressive stock which comprised of-
• 1, 20,000 books
• 5000 online journals
• 127 in house journals
• Internet connectivity in all computers
- Tarang is the annual cultural festival which is well- known for bringing together the finest student talent from all over the country. It is the most excitedly awaited festivals of Delhi University. It organizes events such as
• Music Battle
• Dance Competitons
• Fine arts
• Quiz, films
Best college in India For Arts
Best college in India For Arts