MOP Vaishnav College for Women is accredited with A++ grade. by NAAC. It is affiliated to Madras University. The college offers various UG and PG level courses with multiple specializations. Admission to all UG courses is merit-based and admission to PG courses is done on the basis of the entrance examination conducted by the college but for M.B.A. Students are required to present a TANCET score by the Anna University of Tamil Nadu. The institute is well furnished with all the facilities such as A/C, AV Lab, Auditorium, Computer Lab, CSC, Library, Medical Facilities, ClassRoom, WiFi, and Seminar Hall.
MOP Vaishnav College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1992/Private|
|Affiliation||University of Madras|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and entrance based|
|Facilities Available||Auditorium, Computer Lab, CSC, Library, Medical Facilities|
MOP Vaishnav College for Women Courses
MOP Vaishnav College runs a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate courses. Below given is a tabular representation of the same.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Duration|
|B.Sc.||Visual Communication||Each candidate must have a visualization, drawing and other media-related skills||3 Years|
|Electronic Media||Each candidate must know the flow of media, current affairs and global social issues An extrovert with the ability to communicate freely|
|Computer Science||10+2 level in relevant discipline with Mathematics or Business Mathematics|
|Mathematics||10+2 level in relevant discipline with general Mathematics|
|Food Science and Management||10+2 level in relevant discipline|
|Psychology||10+2 level in a science discipline|
|B.A.||Journalism||10+2 level in relevant discipline with sound English language skills and knowledge of current affairs||3 Years|
|Sociology||10+2 level in any discipline|
|BCA||Computer Applications||10+2 level in any discipline with Mathematics or Business Mathematics||3 Years|
|BBA||Business Administration||3 Years|
|B.Com.||Accounting and Finance||10+2 level in Commerce stream with Commerce/ Business studies Accountancy Business Mathematics/Mathematics||3 Years|
|MA||Communication||Any Bachelor degree from the University of Madras or any other University or qualification as equivalent with 50%||3 Years|
|Human Resource Management|
|M.Sc.||Information Technology||UG degree with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics as a main or allied subject with 50%||3 Years|
|Food Technology and Management||A UG degree in B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics /B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/ B.Sc. Nutrition, Food Service Management and Dietetics/B.Sc Chemistry and any Life science degree from the University of Madras or any other recognized universities with 50%|
|M.Com.||Commerce||Must be a B.Com graduate (General or with any specialization/BBA) from the University of Madras or any other University with 50% marks||3 Years|
|MBA||Business Administration||Must be graduate with 40% from the University of Madras and Must cleared TANCET or MAT||3 years|
Read more MOP Vaishnav College for Women Courses
MOP Vaishnav College for Women Admission
The admission process at MOP Vaishnav College for Women is done through online mode. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their application form. The application form can be filled online by following the below - listed steps:
- Candidates are required to register themselves as new users.
- Select your respective course and fill other details.
- Fill the online application form and upload all the details and documents.
- After filling the form successfully, candidates have to pay an application fee.
- Making payment will lead to successful submission of the form.
The following documents are required at the time of admission:
- 10th Original Marksheet
- 12th Original Marksheet
- Original Mark Sheet (5 Semesters) (Only for PG courses)
- Transfer Certificate(original), Conduct Certificate(original), Community Certificate, Medical Fitness Certificate
- 1 stamp size photograph
- Eligibility certificate from the University of Madras, just in case of scholars of different Boards/Universities(other than American state board/CBSE)
- Copy of Gazette Notification just in case of amendment of Name of the Candidate twelve. Copy of Passport/Visa just in case of foreign nationals/foreign students.
- MAT scorecard/TANCET allotment letter for MBA admission(Only for PG courses)
Click here MOP Vaishnav College for Women Admission
MOP Vaishnav College for Women Placements
The college has its own placement cell. The eminent recruiters who participated in the placement drive are - EY, Goldman Sachs, Ramco, TCS, Cognizant, etc. The selection process generally consists of a written test, group discussion, and personal interview. In 2018-19 placement records show that in total 221 undergraduate students got placed in topmost companies with the average salary of INR 3.08 LPA and the highest salary stood at INR 5.2 LPA and for postgraduate students’ highest salary was INR 7 LPA. The college also provides internships for the second years students for on the job training.
Know more MOP Vaishnav College for Women Placement
MOP Vaishnav College for Women Facilities
Following are the facilities offered to the students as well as faculty members to cater to their basic needs:
- Library: The college has a very voluminous library. The library proudly holds more than 28,000 volumes of books, journals, and numerous periodicals and newspapers.
- Labs: College has various labs to cater the various needs of the students such as Baking Technology Lab, Food Science Lab, Micro Processor & Digital Electronic Lab, Multimedia Lab, Audio Visual Presentation Lab.
- Auditorium: The college has a fully air-conditioned spacious auditorium. Crafted with creativity, it offers space for multiple student-related events and seminars.
- Photography Studio: College has a fully air-conditioned Photography Studio which enables the students to practice and learn.
MOP Vaishnav College for Women Faculty
MOP Vaishnav College has 129 faculties working in this college and each department has Head, Associate Professor, and Assistant professors and educational achievement in both students welfare and individual areas of expertise. Some faculties have relevant Doctorate, post-graduation, and can be accessed by registering with the Graduate studies to focus on various institutes both inside and outside the campus.
MOP Vaishnav College for Women FAQs
Ques. What is TANCET?
Ques. Does this college provide concessions or scholarships for meritorious students?
Ques. What is the importance of an MA Human Resource Management course?
Ques. Is there any entrance exam for UG and PG courses?
Ques. Why did Anna University TANCET the application filing online?
- Online application form submission process is the fastest and easy way to apply for each test. It saves the time of the applicant and also reduces the workload of the candidates and the organizing committee.
- The Manual application form filling process is relatively time-consuming and error-prone.