University School of Management Studies (USMS) was founded as one of the several University Schools of Studies under the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University in 1998. USMS is an on-campus school of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The school, within a short span of time, has developed itself as a unique and progressive school with its distinct curriculum and innovative teaching methodology. The school encourages individual growth, team building, extra-curricular activities, industry interaction and a multi-disciplinary study culture.
- Motto of the college is “Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Transparency”
- The School is rated A+ in Best B-Schools Survey, 2006 conducted by Business India
- Mission is to develop managers with the capability to understand and analyze the dynamic business environment for effective decision-making while maintaining higher domains of professionalism
- The School was previously located at the Kasmere Gate Campus of the University. It has now shifted to the new West Campus of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University at Dwarka
Research - The School has a focus on promoting inter- disciplinary research-
- Thrust areas of research
- Organizational Behaviour / Human Resource issues in Organization
- Retail Management, Customer Relationship Management and Social Media
- IT – Business Interface
- Global Business Management
- Healthcare Care Management
- Banking & Insurance
International collaboration -
- National stock Exchange
- Modul University, Austria
- Slovak University of Agriculture, Nitra
- Cisco Inc to impart Cisco certification to faculty and students
- Hainan University ,china
- Chapman Graduate School of Business, Florida International University , USA For MBA International Business
Periodicals and journals
Entrepreneurship Development Cell-The School, with assistance from AICTE, has set up an entrepreneurship development cell to promote and educate the youth of NCT Delhi to take the benefit of the liberalized economic policies of the government by setting up their own ventures. The cell organizes different activities and events to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
Training and Development Initiative -
- Two weeks 4th AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Programme in Management.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Training, a five-day training conducted by TreQna University, USA .
- Sparsh, a workshop on Behaviour Testing and Counseling conducted for students
- Personality Development Workshops.
- CISCO Training and Certification.
- Data Mining through SPSS
- Exuberance -Cultural festival of the University school of Management Studies
- Anugoonj-Annual Cultural fest of the University
USMS IPU FAQ
Ques. How is the faculty of the college?
Ans. The faculty of the college includes highly-experienced and well-qualified Professors, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professors. The faculty members working at the college have experience in their relevant fields. University School of Management, GGSIPU has 9 Professors, 1 Associate Professor, and 12 Assistant Professors.
Read More: USMS IPU Faculty
Ques. How is the MBA program? What is the USMS IPU MBA fees?
Ans. USMS IPU MBA fees is INR 70,000 per year and INR 1.5 Lacs for the whole program. Admission to the program is through IPU-CET exam scores. The program is ranked 57th in the management category by the NIRF in its recent rankings.
Read More: USMS IPU MBA Fees
Ques. Does the University School of Management, GGSIPU offer a part-time MBA?
Ans. Yes, the college offers a part-time MBA for working professionals. The 2-year MBA (Weekend) Course offers Functional area specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, International Business, Information Technology & Sectoral specialization in Consultancy, Real Estate, and Banking & Insurance.
Ques. What specializations are offered for the full-time MBA program?
Ans. The specializations offered in full-time MBA are:
Ques. How is USMS for an MBA in FM?
Ans. It is one of the best courses if you re looking for a career in Financial Markets because USMS, GGSIPU has a direct collaboration with National Stock Exchange (NSE) for this course. The other benefits include the nominal fees, amazing 60 acres campus in Delhi, and the exposure to various international seminars and conferences.
Read More: MBA in Finance Markets
Ques. How are USMS IPU admission conducted?
Ans. USMS IPU admissions for the MBA program are based on merits obtained in the IPU-CET exam followed by centralized counseling by IPU. The selection of the candidates in Ph.D. is based on an entrance test conducted by IPU followed by personal interviews. Candidates who have cleared a national level examination like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF or equivalent fellowship do not need to take an entrance test and can appear directly for interviews.
Read More: USMS IPU Admission
Ques. What is the average placement package in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (main campus) for MBA students?
Ans. The average placement package at USMS IPU after MBA ranges between INR 5 LPA to INR 7 LPA.
Ques. Which college is better for an MBA- USMS (IPU) or IITM (IPU)?
Ans. USMS IPU is the on-campus MBA college under IPU and hence has the best faculty and infrastructure. All the teachers are well qualified and students get a good exposure of activities and corporate interactions essential for MBA graduates.
Ques. Which are the colleges included in IPU main campus?
Ans. The colleges on IPU main campus are as follows:
- University School of Information & Communication Technology- Read More
- University School of Chemical Technology- Read More
- University School of Biotechnology
- University School of Management Studies
- University School of Environment Management
- University School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- University School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- University School of Law and Legal Studies- Read More
- University School of Engineering & Technology
- University School of Education
- University School of Architecture & Planning
- University School of Medicine and Para-Medical Health Sciences
- University School of Mass Communication
Read More: GGSIPU Affiliated Colleges
Ques. What are IPU-CET 2020 important dates?
Ans. Some of the IPU-CET 2020 important dates are as follows:
|Beginning of Registration||March 03, 2020|
|Last Date to Register||July 31, 2020 (Extended)|
|Form Editing Window||August 1 – 3, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Examination Date||To be announced|
|Declaration of Results||June - July 2020|