University School of Management Studies (USMS) was founded as one of the several University Schools of Studies under the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University in 1998. USMS is an on-campus school of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The school, within a short span of time, has developed itself as a unique and progressive school with its distinct curriculum and innovative teaching methodology. The school encourages individual growth, team building, extra-curricular activities, industry interaction and a multi-disciplinary study culture.
- Motto of the college is “Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Transparency”
- The School is rated A+ in Best B-Schools Survey, 2006 conducted by Business India
- Mission is to develop managers with the capability to understand and analyze the dynamic business environment for effective decision-making while maintaining higher domains of professionalism
- The School was previously located at the Kasmere Gate Campus of the University. It has now shifted to the new West Campus of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University at Dwarka
Research - The School has a focus on promoting inter- disciplinary research-
- Thrust areas of research
- Organizational Behaviour / Human Resource issues in Organization
- Retail Management, Customer Relationship Management and Social Media
- IT – Business Interface
- Global Business Management
- Healthcare Care Management
- Banking & Insurance
International collaboration -
- National stock Exchange
- Modul University, Austria
- Slovak University of Agriculture, Nitra
- Cisco Inc to impart Cisco certification to faculty and students
- Hainan University ,china
- Chapman Graduate School of Business, Florida International University , USA For MBA International Business
Periodicals and journals
Entrepreneurship Development Cell-The School, with assistance from AICTE, has set up an entrepreneurship development cell to promote and educate the youth of NCT Delhi to take the benefit of the liberalized economic policies of the government by setting up their own ventures. The cell organizes different activities and events to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
Training and Development Initiative -
- Two weeks 4th AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Programme in Management.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Training, a five-day training conducted by TreQna University, USA .
- Sparsh, a workshop on Behaviour Testing and Counseling conducted for students
- Personality Development Workshops.
- CISCO Training and Certification.
- Data Mining through SPSS
- Exuberance -Cultural festival of the University school of Management Studies
- Anugoonj-Annual Cultural fest of the University