University BDT College of Engineering, Davangere, as started in 1951 it was the only government engineering college in the state. College was named after the donors Bramhappa Devendrappa Tanvanappanavar (BDT) who donated sum of 1.5 lakh rupees for development of building.
- Maharaja of Mysore Sri Jayachamarajendr Wodeyar Bahadur laid foundation stone in the year 1951
- Building was completed and inaugurated on 24 September 1956
- First it was affiliated to University Of Mysore then it was transferred to Kuvempu University in 1992. Later on as Davangere University established it became its constituent college in 2009. Again college was transferred to Visvesvaraya Technological University in 2011
- Admissions are based on Common entrance test conducted by Karnataka govt.
Hostel: College has boys’ hostels which can accommodate 350 students and girls’ hostel is in under construction.
Library: Library has good collection of book for all streams. Library has 30277 total no. titles and 74282 no. of volumes. Library also subscribes 8 Kannada and 6 English newspapers. It also subscribes 6 Kannada,14 English general periodicals, 16 technical journals and 11 newsletters.
- Chaitra- It is cultural fest which is conducted every year by the students associations
- M/s. Jindal Trust Scholarship, Sitaram Jindal Foundation, Jindal Nagar, Tumkur Road, Bangalore-560073
- Government Scholarships for SC/ST students whose income is below Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum (Sanctioned by Social Welfare Department). Students have to apply in every semester.
- Fee concession for SC/ST students whose income is above Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum (Sanctioned by Director of Technical Education, Bangalore)
- Refund of tuition fees to the students of any community (other than SC/ST) coming from families having an income of Rs. 11,000/- and less per annum is sanctioned by District Backward Class & Minorities Department ( Students have to apply in the month of December)
- Scholarships towards Children of Ex-servicemen (sanctioned by Sainik Welfare and Rehabilitation Department)
- Merit Scholarships (sanctioned by Director of Collegiate Education Department, Bangalore)
- Scholarships to Physically handicapped students (sanctioned by Women and Children Welfare Department
- Scholarships from Governments of Andaman-Nicobar/North Eastern Council secretarial, Shillong/Andhra Pradesh/Arunchal Pradesh/Nagaland (only for GOI quota students)
- NTPC Scholarships
- Scholarships from Postal Department
- Scholarships from Air Force Personnel Wives Welfare Association
- Defence Scholarships to the Children of Defence Personnel (Sanctioned by department of Collegiate Eduaction, Bangalore).Students have apply in the month of December
- Scholarships from Karanataka State Board of Wakfs
- Navalgund Sirsangi Trust, Belgaum (For students belonging to Lingayat Community)
- Scholarships from Veerashaiva Vidyabhivrudhi Trust ,Jayadeva Murgarajendra Building.6th Cross.Gandhinagar,Bangalore-9(For Lingayat students Only)
- GSB Scholarships Mumbai/Saraswathi Krishna Kamath Charities, Mumbai-7. ( For Goeda Saraswathi Brahmins only)
- Labour Welfare Scholarships from State Labour Welfare Board, Mysugar Co, Building, J.C Road Bangalore
- Dempo Charities Trust GAO- Scholarships
- Vidhya Poshaka Sangha, Dharwad-Scholarship
- National Foundation for Teachers Welfare Karnataka State Unit, Karnataka State Teachers Benefit Fund, 'Shikshan Sadan', Kempegowda Road, Bangalore.