Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Gangtok was established in the year 1990 as a food craft institute. It was upgraded into the Institute of Hotel Management during the year 2000 and got affiliated to NCHMCT under the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. The institute offers B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration, Diploma and Certificate courses. All the programs are well-structured and taught under the guidance of qualified faculties. The degree or Diploma holders get employment in the most reputed hotels in the country and abroad.
IHM Gangtok Highlights
|Affiliation||National Council for Hotel Management|
|Courses offered||UG, Diploma, Certificate|
|Facilities Available||Laboratories, Computer Lab, Library, Audio Visual Lab, Hostel.|
IHM Gangtok Courses
Institute of Hotel Management, Gangtok offers the following courses:
Read more: IHM Gangtok Courses and Fees
IHM Gangtok Admission
Admission to the B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is done on the basis of scores obtained in NCHMCT JEE conducted by NTA.
Admission to one of the programs is done through a written test (English Language only) followed by a personal interview conducted at the institute.
How to Apply?
- Collect the Prospectus containing application from
- Make a payment of INR 500/- or by post through a DD of INR 550/- in favor of the Institute of Hotel Management, Sajong Rumtek, Gangtok, Sikkim.
- Fill up the form carefully
- Attach the required documents
- Submit the duly filled form to the institute within the specified date along with a registration fee of INR 1000
Check IHM Gangtok Cut off
IHM Gangtok Placements
Institute of Hotel Management, Gangtok organizes campus drive every year. The college has an active placement cell that continuously monitors the employment opportunities available in various domains. It arranges the campus interviews for the eligible students. Training is also provided to the students based on their interests.
The training and placement record as per the course is as follows:
|Name of Programme||% of Placement Offered|
|B.Sc. in H & HA||98%|
|Diploma in Food Production||87%|
|Diploma in F&B Service||89%|
Read more: IHM Gangtok Placement
IHM Gangtok Facilities
- Laboratories: The College has well-equipped Laboratories for the students so that they can understand their subjects in a better way. These enhance the practical knowledge of students.
- Computer Lab: The College also has a Computer laboratory equipped with all the necessary facilities. There are many computers with internet connection for the smooth process of computers.
- Library: The library at the Institute of Hotel Management is equipped with books, journals, and references. Students can avail themselves of the facility during the working hours of college.
- Hostel: The Institute also provides hostel facilities to both boys and girls. For sharing Room and Mess Charges, students need to pay INR 3000 per month
Read more: IHM Gangtok Reviews
IHM Gangtok Faculty
The faculty members at the Institute are well qualified and dedicated to the betterment of students. The number of students in each class is restricted to 50 in theory and 30 in order to give personal attention and to be good rapport. The faculty members are well experienced in their fields.
There are 11 faculty members at the college to provide quality education to the students. There are Lecturers, Assistant Lecturers and Teaching Associates.
- Senior Lecturer: 2
- Lecturer: 3
- Assistant Lecturer: 4
- Teaching Associates: 2
Read more: IHM Gangtok Faculty
IHM Gangtok FAQs
Ques. Is there any reservation of seats at IHM Gangtok?
Ques. Is there any age limit for admission at IHM Gangtok?
Ques. What is the minimum attendance requirement at IHM Gangtok?
Ques. What is the fee structure of B.Sc. in H & HA at IHM Gangtok?
Ans. The semester-wise fee structure is as follows:
Ques. How to contact IHM Gangtok?