NRI Institute of Technology Guntur is one of the finest Colleges in India established in 2008. It offers 10 courses, across 3 streams namely Management, Arts and Engineering. Students can pursue 4 degrees namely B.Tech, M.Tech, B.A., and M.B.A. Admission to UG courses will require clearing of the State Level Common Entrance Test conducted by the Andhra Pradesh government. PG Courses will require a relevant Bachelor’s degree along with clearing of Entrance test conducted by the Andhra Pradesh Government. Application for all the forms will be done in online mode.
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Highlights
|Establishment Date | Institute Type||2008 | Private|
|Affiliation||Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Kakinada|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, M.B.A., and B.A.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit-Based|
|Facilities||Hoste, electric supply, water supply, telephone, latest technology, sports complex, labs, etc.|
|Official Website Link||https://nriit.edu.in/|
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Achievements
NRI Institute of Technology is undoubtedly one of the best engineering and management colleges in the country. Based on the average rank of admitted students, the Popularity Rank of the college is 121. Here are some of the major achievements of NRI Institute of Technology year-wise-
|2012||Start of M.Tech in PG Courses. Implementation of Quality Policy and Certification of ISO 9001:2008|
|2013||MoU Infosys Campus Connect Program. Ranked AA by Career 360, Ranked as 542nd Best Engineering College in India by Competition Success Review, Ranked among the Top 200 best Engineering Colleges of India by Silicon India. Partnered with Microsoft Academic.|
|2014||Recognized by UGC (Section 2(f)). Andhra Pradesh State Skills Development Centre. Award for “Industry Interface” in Pune Infosys Campus Connect program, awarded by Asia Pacific HRM Congress, 2014.|
|2015||Award for “Excellence in Recruitment Drives'' by Wipro. Award for “Dynamic Placement Officer'' and “Preferred Placement Partner” by Virtusa Consulting Services Ltd. Award. Awarded A-Grade by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh for Key Performance Indication, 2015.|
|2016||Implementation of Quality Policy and Re-Certification of ISO 9001:2015. Awarded A-Grade by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh for Key Performance Indication, 2016. Awarded for excellence in motivating students to participate in the National Level Paper Presentation Contest on Make In India, organized by ECI.|
|2017||NAAC accredited NRIIT with Grade A, with 3021 CGPA for 5 years. Permanent affiliation granted by JNTUK, Kakinada, for 3 years.|
|2018||Recognized by UGC (Section 12(B)). Research Centers approved for CSE and Mechanical Engineering by JNTUK. Autonomous Status granted by UGC.|
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Courses
The courses popularly studied at NRI Institute of Technology are in the departments of Engineering and Business Administration/ Management. UG Courses offered under the Department of Engineering and Technology are as follows.
|B.Tech||Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science And Engineering, Electrical And Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 qualification, Min 45% marks
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (AP EAMCET)
|M.Tech||Specializations: Computer Science And Engineering, Electronics And Communication Engineering, Structural Engineering
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Tech Degree
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (AP PGECET/ GATE)
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (AP ICET)
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Admissions
The candidates applying at NRI Institute of Technology have to sit for State Level Common Entrance Tests conducted by the Andhra Pradesh Government to get admission in UG and PG programmes.
There are the Categories for the Admissions.
Category A: 70% of the total number of seats are occupied based on the rankings of the students in the common entrance state conducted by the AP government.
Category B: 30% of the total number of seats are occupied based on the Management/ NRI category as per the regulations addressed by the AP Technical Education Department.
How to Apply?
- Advertisement is given by the institution in popular regional newspapers calling for applications for B-category seats.
- Candidates can apply offline. Fill the application form and attach the required documents.
- Submit the duly filled form with the application fee.
- Merit list is prepared from the applications received, placed in the notice boards.
Read More: NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Cutoff
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Placement
NRI Institute of Technology has an average placement of 98%. DR. N.V. Surendra Babu had been a dynamic placement officer at the college for many years. The college has even bagged the WIPRO Excellence Award for the excellent organization of campus recruitments. Under him, there have been 1000+ campus drives, 5000+ student placement to serve in industries, and equal placement of all categories and standards of students, evenly among rural as well as urban classes.
Many reputed companies visit the college campus and classes and invest in the students for fine jobs. The companies have offered salary packages starting from INR 4 LPA. Some reputed companies that have shown interest in college students over the years are-
- L&T Infotech
- Mahindra System
- Tech Mahindra
- Reliance Energy
|Recruiter||No.of Placements||CTC (INR)|
|Chola Ms General Insurance PVT LTD||07||3.0 LPA|
|Eidiko Systems||01||1.80 LPA|
|Wipro technologies||01||3.50 LPA|
|Qspider technologies||07||2.65 LPA|
|Perfect gears Chennai Pvt ltd||11||1.20 LPA|
|Sonata software||**||3.50 LPA|
|ALIENS GROUP||**||1.8 LPA|
|Dharani Techno-logies||**||2.40 LPA|
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Scholarships
The college recognizes talent from the ordinary and grants scholarships to deserving students. There are several types of scholarships that the college offers-
- UG Students with annual family income below INR 8 lakh can apply for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students.
- Minority Students whose annual family income falls under INR 2.5 lakh can apply for the Minority Scholarship.
- Fresh or renewal applications for National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education for ST Students are invited.
- Fresh applications for Top Class Education Scheme for SC students are invited.
- Applications for PwD students for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities are invited.
- Financial Education assistance of the wards of Beedi/ LSDM/ Cine/ IOMC Workers is invited.
- The Prime Minister’s Scholarship for a deserving student.
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship of School Education and Literacy.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is invited.
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Facilities
NRIIT comes with a lot of facilities for the wellbeing of the students.
- Hostel Facilities: Hostel is available separately for Girls and. They are affordable and have low maintenance. Necessary facilities are available for food and lodging.
- Sports complex and Gym: These are freely available and open every day. Students can work out or play games during their convenience. The equipment is of good quality and the college encourages participation in sports competitions at various levels.
- Cafeteria: It is available all hours of the day. The food quality is uncompromised and availability of breakfast, luck, dinner, and snack at very cheap rates.
- E-centers: These are set up on the premises for students to provide helplines and immediate aids. They are very helpful for students living in hostels and at times when the college remains closed. E-centres have been very beneficial during the lockdown for COVID-19.
- Medical: They are open 24X7. They are also connected with nearby hospitals and provide instant medical help whenever an emergency occurs.
- Infrastructure: The campus is known to have silence and a serene environment for providing maximum support for the students’ education. Bullying, ragging, alcohol, smoking etc. are strictly prohibited. The motto of NRIIT is to provide the students with the best and the campus successfully adds to the comfort of education in this college.
- Other Facilities: Research laboratories, Classrooms with the latest technologies, Free internet and Wi-Fi connections for students.
Read More: NRI Institute of Technology Guntur Reviews
NRI Institute of Technology Guntur FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure for B.Tech and M.Tech Programs at NRI Institute of Technology Guntur?
Ans. The fee structure for the first year of the B.Tech program is INR 58,100 and the M.Tech program is INR 57,000.
Ques. Is there relaxation for reserved category students at NRI Institute of Technology Guntur?
Ans. There are provisions for reservation of students and the college allows relaxation of marks and fees for such students.
Ques. Is NRIIT an autonomous institution?
Ans. Yes. It is an autonomous institution with 3.21 points and graded “A”.
Ques. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam for UG and PG Courses at NRI Institute of Technology Guntur?
Ans. The entrance exam for UG and PG courses are conducted by the Andhra Pradesh government. It is a 3-hour exam, held in English, Telugu, Urdu (in selected centres). The exam consists of mainly 3 papers- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. The syllabus for this examination is available online.
Ques. How good is the exposure at the NRI Institute of Technology Guntur?
Ans. The exposure at NRIIT is immense. The industry-institute association that the college promotes is very beneficial and prosperous for students. The placement cell at the college also works their very best to place every student at the college. From the reputation, awards, and reviews it has earned to date, NRIIT is undoubtedly one of the best engineering and administration colleges in India.