International Management Institute, Kolkata (IMI Kolkata) was established in 2010 along with another center of IMI at Bhubaneswar. It an initiative of the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group and is located in Kolkata, West Bengal. The institute has been approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA. It is a private institute.
The institute offers two postgraduate courses in the field of management namely postgraduate diploma in management and fellow program in management. Admissions at IMI Kolkata to these courses are conducted every year.
The university is set up with the mission of producing socially sensitive, globally aware, values-driven individuals capable of providing leadership.
IMI Kolkata Highlights
Kolkata, West Bengal
IMI Kolkata Courses
Post-Graduate Diploma in Management The Post-Graduate Diploma in Management is a 2-year full-time program approved by AICTE. The program is designed to prepare students for a career in the corporate world. The eligibility criteria required to get admitted into IMI is Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline. Candidates will be admitted on the basis of CAT scores (sectional and overall) or GMAT/XAT score, educational background, marks in Class X and XII, graduation and work experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview.
Fellow Program in Management The full-time Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) at IMI Kolkata has been designed to provide the scholarly need of the faculty members, researchers and executives willing to pursue rigorous research work. The duration of the program is 4 years which can be extended to 1 year in exceptional cases.
Check IMI Kolkata Fee Structure
IMI Kolkata Placements
Final Placement Report PGDM 2017-2019
IMI Kolkata, which is an initiative of the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group, saw a 100% placement record for the batch of 2017-2019. The placement season witnessed a record number of increase in the Pre-placement offers with 21% percent of the batch receiving PPO/PPIs. There was a 31% increase in the number of offers. The average package of the top 10% of the students was 11.54 lakhs, the top 25% was 9.38 lakhs and the top 50% was 7.95 lakhs respectively.
Top recruiters included Godrej, ICICI Prudential, ICICI Securities, Kantar, Philips Lighting, OYO, HDFC Bank, Edelweiss Tokio, GlobalData, Bajaj Allianz, Glee Garments Marketing, Tech Mahindra, Zomato, Treebo Hotels, JSW, Capital First, Mahindra Finance, Deloitte, Randstad, GIC Housing Finance Ltd.,naukri.com, etc.
No. of Companies visiting the campus
No. of students placed
Highest Placement Package
20 lakhs per annum
Average Placement Package
6.90 lakhs per annum
Median Placement Package
6.54 lakhs per annum
- 100% Placement Record
- 27% compensation difference for fresher/experienced.
- 43% YOY increase in PPI/PPO.
Summer Internship Report PGDM Batch 2018-2020
The average stipend for the top 10 percentile was 63.1K, for the top 25 percentile was 38.6K and for the top 50 percentile was 27.6K respectively.
Increase in batch size
No. of offers made
Highest Stipend offered
No. of companies visited
BFSI and Services are the sectors which made the highest number of internship Offers. Finance and Marketing remained the preferred choice of students.
Top recruiters included HDFC Bank, ICICI Prudential, IDBI Federal, Black Turtle, Autogram, Flybird Fly Innovations, Reliance, Nivea, Oxford, IIFCL, Motilal Oswal Investment Services, etc.
For more information on IMI Kolkata Placements, click here.
IMI Kolkata International Collaborations
IMI Kolkata has collaborated with various renowned institutes/universities on the global front. the partnerships were established with the aim to encompass areas of mutual interest and benefit in terms of seminars/joint conferences/ workshops, consultancy projects, research projects, and joint publications. Some of them are as follows-
- IDRAC Business School: IDRAC Business School is a private institution and has nine campuses in France: Amiens, Bordeaux, Grenoble, Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes, Nice, Paris, and Toulouse.
- Emporia State University, Kansas: Emporia State University is one of the oldest public universities in the state of Kansas, U.S.A.
- College of Business and Economics, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada: The University of Guelph is a reputed public research university in Canada. This marks IMI Kolkata’s first collaboration in Canada.
- ESC Rennes School of Business, France: The aim behind this collaboration is to facilitate and establish an academic and educational exchange between the two institutions. It will help support their teachers and students in exchanging and gathering professional and academic experience.
- Xunta De Galicia: IMI Kolkata in association with Xunta de Galicia has undertaken a student exchange program wherein students from IMI Kolkata have attended a term in Spain and undertaken courses on International Business, International Marketing, and Entrepreneurship.
- Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences, Sichuan, China: The academy was founded in 1978. It has developed into a center of philosophy and social sciences and a research base.
- Kunming University of Science and Technology: This cooperation agreement between the two institutes facilitates the development of teaching and research activities related to the areas of interest and competencies.
- North-South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh: IMI Kolkata has MOU North South University (NSU), the first private university promoted by several business leaders and philanthropists in Bangladesh.
- Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: The collaboration was made with the aim of research collaboration, faculty exchange programme, promotion of joint research publications, and student exchange program.
- University College, Kiseljak, Bosnia and Herzegovina: This collaboration was aimed at an institutional exchange between the faculty members and promotion of research work and joint publications..
- Sichuan University of China: IMI Kolkata has a research collaboration and student exchange programme with the Sichuan University of China.
- The University Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée: The university is a public institution aimed with a scientific, professional and cultural character, combining the development of research excellence and training policy.
- University of Turku: The collaboration between the two colleges aims at promotion of joint research work and publications, developing of teaching and/or research activities related to the areas of interests of IMI Kolkata.
- University of Tours, France: It is a private university and has a long term MBA programme.