MDI Murshidabad is inviting PGDM Applications for batch 2021-23. Candidates having a valid CAT score are eligible to apply for the course. The last date to fill application is February 10.
Management Institute of Development (MDI) in Murshidabad is a private college offering Postgraduate Diploma in Management with four specializations. MDIM has another branch in Gurugram common known as MDIG. Admission to PGDM is via the CAT entrance exam with the minimum cutoff as 95 percentile.
The overall program costs INR 11 Lacs, and the placement provided at the completion of the program ranges from 9 LPA (average salary package) to 12 LPA (highest salary package). MDI Murshidabad has 100% placement which means every student who participates in the placement process gets placed in reputed companies such as TATA Class Edge, Magicpin, OYO, SBI Life, ICICI, VLCC, etc.
Management Institute of Development Important Dates
|CAT Exam||November 29, 2020|
|PGDM Registration Deadline||February 10, 2021|
Management Institute of Development Highlights
|Established | Type||2014 | Private (Autonomous)|
|Recognition | Accreditation||AICTE | AMBA|
|Test scores accepted||CAT|
|Course offered||Postgraduate Diploma in Management|
|Application mode | Fees||Online and Offline | INR 1180|
|Top Recruiters||ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, IDFC First Bank, Federal Bank|
|Facilities available||Library, computer centre, Bloomberg Finance Lab, Hostel, etc.|
|Official website | Contact number||https://www.mdim.ac.in/ | +91 9674727164|
Management Development Institute Course
MDI Murshidabad (MDIM) offers a two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with 4 specializations (Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, and Supply Chain Management).
- Eligibility: 50% aggregate mark in Graduation.
- Selection Criteria: CAT score
Fee structure for PGDM is as follows:
|Particulars||1st Year (INR)||2nd Year (INR)|
|Students Welfare Activities||10,000||10,000|
|Mediclaim Insurance Premium (2 yrs.)||1,500||-|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||20,000||-|
Management Development Institute Admissions
Admissions at MDIM are entrance based. Applicants must appear for the CAT exam in order to be eligible for the admission.
How to apply?
- Applicants may apply online as well as offline for admission.
- The application fee for the Murshidabad centre is INR 1,180. The payment could be made via Net Banking/ Credit card/ Debit Card.
Applicants who qualify the CAT percentile for the existing year will be shortlisted on the basis of their marks in academics. Shortlisted applicants will then be called for Group Discussion and Interview at any one of the 6 centres (Kolkata, Gurgaon and Bangalore/ Mumbai/ Chennai/ Hyderabad).
Read More: MDI Murshidabad Admissions
Management Development Institute Placement
Looking at the placements, the college offers good exposure to students in manufacturing, Oil, Energy, Hospitality, Marketing, etc. The recruitment of students in the placement process is usually in these sectors only. Corporate companies who participate in MDIM recruitment are as follows:
Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance is the most participating sector in MDIM placements. Students get a chance to work in this sector with the following job roles:
- Sales and Marketing: Brand Manager, Business Developer, Retail Manager, Product Manager.
- Operations: Key Account Manager, Strategic Sourcing.
- Finance: Analyst, Credit Risk Manager, Derivative Trader, Business Developer.
- HR: Talent acquisition, HRBP, Industrial Relations.
Highlights of 2018 Placements
|Highest package offered||12 LPA|
|Average package offered||9.03 LPA|
|Percentage of new recruiters||64%|
Top recruiters: ICICI Bank, SBI Life, TIL, SVG Media, Ken Research, Ipsos, VLCC, Arohan, Linde, Coffee Day Beverages, Furnace Fabrica, Vinod Kothari, Consultants, Bell Weather Advisors, Taurus, Chola, Ameriprise Financial, TATA Class Edge, Infor, Magicpin, Home Credit, etc.
Read More: MDI Murshidabad Placements
Management Development Institute Hostel
MDI Murshidabad provides hostel accommodation to its students with all the facilities which fulfil students need for living. There are two hostels for boys and girls named Eklavya and Bhagirathi.
The hostels provided are single occupancy with attached balconies, separate bath and toilet facilities, ashing area, housekeeping services, sick room, recreation hall, TV, Musical instruments, and wifi.
Management Development Institute Faculty
MDI Murshidabad (MDIM) has a core and Adjunct/ Guest faculty qualified with a PhD degree in their relevant fields. Here is a detailed list of core faculty members:
- Dr Atmanand
- Designation: Director
- Dr Debasis Chanda
- Designation: Dean for Academics and Professor (Operations Management)
- Qualification: PhD (Engineering), PGDBM, and BE.
- Areas of Interest: Business-Technology (Enterprise Architecture) Consulting, SOA Consulting, Strategy Consulting for Enterprise Transformation.
- Dr. Sunil Giri
- Designation: Chairperson for PGDM and Associate Professor (Operations Management)
- Qualification: Ph.D., MBA, and B.Tech.
- Areas of Interest: Operations Management, Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management & Suppliers Management.
- Dr. Subhajit Bhattacharya
- Designation: Chairperson for Corporate Communication and Associate professor (Marketing Management)
- Qualification: MBA, Ph.D
- Areas of Interest: Services Marketing, Sales & Distribution, Brand Management, and Consumer Behaviour Macroeconomics.
- Dr. Yogita Abhichandani
- Designation: Chairperson for International Relations, Research & Publications, and Associate professor (Human Resource Management)
- Qualification: Ph.D. and M.Ed
- Areas of Interest: Women Leadership, Critical HRD, and Feminist HRD.
- Dr. Pinku Paul
- Designation: Chairperson for Admissions and Associate Professor (Accounting and Finance)
- Qualification: MBA, MCom, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investment Management, and Project Appraisal.
- Dr. Nihaarika Gaan
- Designation: Chairperson for MDP and Assistant Professor (Human Resource Management)
- Qualification: Ph.D., and PM & IR
- Areas of Interest: Learning and Development. Performance Management, Cross Culture &IHRM, Organization Behaviour, Human Resource Management, HR Analytics, Talent Management, and Competency Mapping.
- Dr. Paroma Mitra
- Designation: Chairperson for Library Committee, Placement coordinator, and Assistant professor (Economics)
- Qualification: B.Sc, MBA, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Managerial Economics, Economic Environment & Policy, Econometrics, Economics in Emerging Market and Strategic Management.
- Amrita Sengupta
- Designation: Chairperson for Student Affairs & Counselling Committee and Assistant Professor (Quantitative Techniques)
- Qualification: MA and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Microeconomics, Statistics, Environmental Economics, International Trade, Sustainable Development and Quantitative Techniques.
- Dr. Debaditya Mohanti
- Designation: Assistant Professor (Finance)
- Qualification: MBA and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Portfolio Management, Financial Modeling, Financial Derivatives & Risk Management, Financial Markets & Institutions.
- Dr. Souvik Banerjee
- Designation: Assistant Professor (Finance)
- Qualification: MBA and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Security Market, Corporate finance, Merchant Banking, Financial Markets.
Management Development Institute Facilities
MDI Murshidabad has an excellent line up of facilities for its students and staff
Management Development Institute Summer Internship
As part of the PGDM program, students are required to undergo an industry internship at the end of the first three terms. The internship is generally of the duration of six to eight weeks. The summer internship is an essential part of the course structure and is compulsory in order to complete the program. The internship program is designed to give the students a hands-on experience of the industry and learn to apply their theoretical knowledge to practical situations.
Management Development Institute FAQ
Ques. What could be the average CTC at MDI Murshidabad by 2020?
Ans. In 2014–16 highest package was 10 LPA. In 2015–17, Around 7% of students got more than 10 LPA and 33.33 % of students got 9+ LPA. Whereas in 2016–18 Batch, as of now 21% of students got more than 10 LPA and around 46% of students have got 9+ LPA. Thus according to the trend, one can easily expect something between 12–15 LPA as CTC.
Ques. What is the CAT cut off for MDI Murshidabad?
Ans. For the core program, the CAT percentile is around 97 % with no section below 80%.
The HR is around 95–96 minimum and IM( international Management) is around 94–95.
Overall, 95 is the set range of percentile to get a clear admission at Management Development Murshidabad.
Ques. Does MDIM accept CMAT score?
Ans. No, MDIM dos not accept CMAT score. It only accepts the CAT score.