St. Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad was established in 1983 by Sisters, Society of St. Ann. It was built as an institution oriented towards the cause of need-based education towards society growth. Since its inception, the college has the good academic record.
- It is affiliated with Osmania University
- It is also re-accredited with “A” grade by NAAC
- It is also recognized as “College with Potential for Excellence” by UGC
- College offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate and diploma courses
- College has current strength of 3000 students and 100 well-qualified staff members in 28 different departments
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Business Administration
- Computer Application
- Physical Education
Placements: Below are the placement details for the academic year 2011-12
No. of Students Appeared
No. of Students Selected
Sapience for internship
GE Global Services
Extracurricular Activities: Apart from academic front there are various club for extracurricular activities
- Literary & Dramatics Club
- National Green Corps/Eco Club
- Dhwani- Forum for social issues
- Drusti- Psychology Club
- Dhruva- Astronomy Club
- Parampara- Heritage Club
- Gloworm- Readers’ Club
- CHEErs- Commerce Club
- Dhruti- Women’s Cell
- ED Cell
- SACReD: Institute has established a Centralized Interdisciplinary Research Lab for faculty and students. Research Center is 600 sq. ft and have various facilities like library, reading room, computers with internet facilities.
- Library: College has two libraries one for undergraduate students and other for postgraduate students. Undergraduate Library has 39560 books and postgraduate library have 18280 books. There are also 154 periodicals subscribed.
- Net Resource Center: there is a proxy server with 20 terminals connected to it. A leased line with 1MBPS bandwidth is accessible to students during college hours.
- Jamboree 13'- It was Inter-college commerce fest organized with the aim to provide a platform to students from various colleges in the city to share their ideas, show talent and compete with each other.
Best Arts College
Best Science College
Best Commerce College