Valliammal College for Women located in Anna Nagar East, Chennai is a private institute affiliated to the University of Madras. With more than 3 decades of history behind it, the institute has trained hundreds of women and empowered them to be independent and grow their careers. It offers two shifts as the regular (Shift I) and the evening (Shift II). Though, the institute has very strict rules and regulations with a very strict dress code(saree or churidar and only sarees on Fridays) and a no phone at campus policy.
Valliammal College for Women Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1987 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University Of Madras|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
Valliammal College for Women Courses
VCW offers undergraduate in B.Sc, BCA, BBA, B.Com courses under multiple disciplines and postgraduate courses in M.Sc. MCA, MBA with various specializations. There are no entrance tests, but rather admission is based on previous scores and interviews.
|B.Sc||Maths, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotech, Computer Science||10+2 with Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/Biology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Home Science/Computer Science||INR 55,000|
|BCA||Computer Science||10+2 with Computer Science / Mathematics||INR 66,000|
|B.Com||Commerce, Corporate Management, Bank Management, Business Administration||10+2 with Commerce, Accountancy, Economics/ Business Mathematics/ statistics/ Computer Science / Vocational Subjects||INR 48,000|
|BBA||Business Administration||10+2 with Commerce, Accountancy, Economics / Business Mathematics Statistics / Computer Science||INR 48,000|
|M.Sc||Maths, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotech, Computer Science||B.Sc in relevant stream||INR 50,000|
|MCA||Computer Applications||BCA/B.Sc/BBA/B.Com||INR 90,000|
|MBA||Business Administration||Bachelor's Degree in any specialization. ||INR 60,000|
Read More Valliammal College for Women Courses and Fees
Valliammal College for Women Admission
Valliammal College for Women accepts applications from eligible female candidates through offline mode. The application form and prospectus can be obtained at the College’s admission office on all working days. It is required of all applicants to submit the duly filled application form at the admission office in person. The application process in details is as follows:
- Candidates after obtaining the application form should fill the same by themselves.
- The name should be written in Block Letters and exactly as is in the last qualifying exam documents.
- The applicant is advised to mention the name of the community at the time of filling the application form for the purpose of claiming seat reservation and scholarship benefits.
- She should also tick the relevant box while entering community details.
- Those wishing to apply for more than one course should submit separate applications for each course.
- The application fee for the applied program should be paid at the time of submission of the application form.
- The same can be done using a demand draft or in cash deposited at the admission office.
- Candidates are required to attach photocopies of all relevant documents, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer/ Principal of the School or Institute last attended.
- Shortlisted applicants are sent interview cards via post.
- Admission is granted to those candidates who have appeared for the interview and on the basis of their performance in the same.
- Those who are called for the interview must bring original copies of their certificates and other relevant documents for verification purposes.
The selection at VWC is based on scores achieved in previous qualifications. It is merit-based and done on a first come first serve basis. Applicants can apply for more that one course, but separate application forms need to be submitted.
Read More Valliamal College for Women Admissions
Valliammal College for Women Facilities
The college has excellent infrastructure. It includes the following:
- Well furnished classrooms, seminar hall/conference hall, and examination halls.
- Well equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art facilities for computer science, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology, and bioinformatics courses.
- Separate internet labs.
- An auditorium of 1500 seating capacity.
- An open-air theatre.
- Fully automated digital library stacked with over 18,000 volumes of Books, Journals, and Periodicals.
- Departmental Library for PG courses.
- Placement Cell.
- Spacious playground with sufficient equipment for sports and games.
Valliammal College for Women FAQs
Ques. Will I get a refund if I don't get selected or cancel my admission?
Ans. No, the application fees are non-refundable under any circumstance.
Ques. Are there hostel facilities?
Ans. No, there are no hostel facilities offered.
Ques. Do I have to submit photocopies of documents?
Ans. No, you have to submit original copies of all certificates and documents.
Ques. Will I get my documentation back?
Ans. The original documents are only given back once the student has completed their course or leave college. Thus, the students must make enough photocopies.
Ques. What is the student-teacher ratio?
Ans. VCW has around 3000 students and 115 faculty making the student-teacher ratio 1:26.
Ques. What are the differences in the shift I and shift II?
Ans. The shift I have 11 undergraduate and 7 postgraduate while Shift II only has 3 undergraduate courses.