Valliammal College for Women is a reputed educational institute imparting quality education in the fields of Science, Commerce, Management, and Computer Applications. It is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and is affiliated to the University of Madras.
Valliammal College for Women offers B.Sc. programs in Mathematics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology and Computer Science and M.Sc. courses in Computer Science, Biochemistry, Applied Microbiology, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. It also offers additional courses at both UG and PG level, viz. BBA, BCA, B.Com, MBA and MCA all of which are run as per the University of Madras norms. All the courses are approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
- Students from Universities other than the University of Madras have to produce Eligibility Certificate issued by the University of Madras (applicable for PG courses).
- Candidates admitted to M.Sc. in Bioinformatics must take Cell Biology (for B.Sc. Mathematics/ Physics/ CS/ Chemistry/ BE graduates) or Introduction to Mathematical Methods (B.Sc. Life Sciences/ B.D.S. / MBBS/ B.V. Sc./ B. Pharm graduates) as a compulsory subject.
- Those holding a BCA degree from a recognized institute are eligible for admission to M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Applicants with a BBA/ B.L.M. / B.A. Economics/ B.Sc. Mathematics (or Statistics or Allied Mathematics or C language) are eligible to apply for MCA provided they have studied Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level.
- Selection to all the courses is done on the basis of merit.
Read more: Valliammal College Fees Structure
Admission Highlights Table
|Name of the University||Valliammal College for Women|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit|