Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition was set up in the year 1969 as an institute of food craft. IHM Lucknow has an affiliation with NCHMCT, Noida. It offers diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programs to its students. The institute provides excellent opportunities to the students by imparting training and quality education in the field of tourism industry and hospitality. Admission to this college is based on merit and entrance test.
IHM Lucknow Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1969 | Government|
|Affiliated||National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology|
|Campus Area||5 acres|
|Courses offered||Diploma, UG and PG|
|Application Mode||Online, Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Entrance Exam||NCHM JEE (National Council of Hotel Management Joint Entrance Exam)|
IHM Lucknow Courses
IHM Lucknow offers diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate programs to students. A brief about major programs are tabulated below:
|Diploma||Food Production||Intermediate graduate from a recognized institute with English as a compulsory subject|
|Bakery & Confectionary|
|Food & Beverage Service|
|PG Diploma||Accommodation Operations & Management||Graduate in any stream|
|B.Sc||Hospitality & Hotel Administration||Intermediate graduate from a recognized institute with English as one of the subjects|
|M.Sc||Hospitality & Hotel Administration||Graduation in hotel management from a recognized institute B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from IGNOU & NCHMCT|
IHM Lucknow Admission
The admission process for different courses at Insitute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition Lucknow is mentioned below:
- Diploma and PG Diploma Courses: IHM Lucknow conducts an offline mode of application to admit students to its different diploma courses. The application form is submitted offline through a person or by post. The selection is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- B.Sc: Candidates are selected on the basis of marks secured in the entrance test namely NCHM JEE. The foreign officials, overseas citizens of India, the Person of Indian Origin and Non-resident Indians need not appear in the entrance test. There is a separate scheme of direct admission for them.
- M.Sc: NCHMCT and IGNOU jointly offer this M.SC program at the Institute of Hotel Management. The candidates have to appear in the Written Test conducted by IHMs. The selection of applicants is done on the basis of merit scored in the written test.
Read more IHM Lucknow Admission
IHM Lucknow Placements
The Insitute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition has a dedicated placement cell that looks after the employment opportunities of students. Last year, the total number of job offers received by students is 221. The average job offer for each student is 148%.
The maximum salary offered per month is INR 25000 and the average salary offered is recorded to be INR 16,250. The minimum salary offered per month is INR 7500. Some of the top recruiters are Air India, The Oberoi, Grand Hyatt, Taj Group of Hotels, The Park, McDonald’s, KFC, Orchid Hotel, Lemon Tree, The Ferns, ITC, OYO, among many others.
Click here IHM Lucknow Placement
IHM Lucknow Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the Insitute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition Lucknow:
- Library: IHM Lucknow has a well-stocked library consisting of books, journals, newspapers, research papers and many more.
- Computer Lab: The institute has a well-equipped laboratory to cater to the needs of the students. They can access the computer lab easily and at all working hours.
- Hostels: The Institute provides well-furnished hostels separately for both boys and girls at a reasonable price. The food provided at the mess is good with a 3-time meal facility a day. A study table, a cot, and a chair are provided to each student.
Know more IHM Lucknow Hostel
IHM Lucknow FAQs
Ques: How many seats are available in the diploma courses at IHM Lucknow?
Ans: There are 30 seats in Diploma (Bakery & confectionary), 50 seats in Diploma (Food& Beverage service), and 50 seats in Diploma (Food Production)
Ques: Does IHM Lucknow provide accommodation?
Ans: Yes, this college has a well-furnished hostel for both boys and girls.
Ques: What are the total fees of B.Sc and M.Sc at IHM Lucknow?
Ans: The total fees of B.Sc are INR 2.25 Lakhs approximately and the total fees of M.Sc are INR 1.99 Lakhs approximately.
Ques: What is the total number of seats in B.Sc HHA at IHM Lucknow?
Ans: 290 seats
Ques: Does IHM Lucknow provide placement?
Ans: Yes, this institute provides excellent training and placement facilities to its students.