Al Salama Institute of Architecture (ASIA) is a private self-financed architecture school established in 2011. It is a part of Al Salama Group of institutions. The college is affiliated to University of Calicut and approved by Council of Architecture and Government of Kerala.
At present, Al Salama Institute of Architecture offers 2 UG programs namely B.Arch and B.Sc. in Interior Design. Admissions to B.Arch is done on the basis of NATA score while B.Sc. admission is based on merit secured in the qualifying exam. Applications to the college are accepted through both offline and online mode.
Al Salama Institute of Architecture Highlights
|Approved by||Council of Architecture|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta|
|Popular Courses||B.Arch, BSc|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance-Based|
|Facilities||Hostels, Transportation, Library, studios|
Al Salama Institute of Architecture Courses
The table below gives details about the courses offered by ASIA, the architecture school by Al Salama group of institutions:
|B.Arch.||10+2 in science or 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics securing a minimum of 50% score||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: 10+2 in Science or 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics and securing 50% marks
Selection Criteria: NATA
|B.Sc. in Interior Design||10+2 with 50% minimum score||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% marks
Selection Criteria: Merit-Based
Al Salama Institute of Architecture Admission
Admissions to B.Sc. is based on the merit secured in the last qualifying exam. For the B.Arch, the candidate must have a valid score of NATA exam.
How to Apply?
Mentioned below is the step by step admission process for the courses offered by ASIA:
- Visit the official website of the institute
- Now click on the admission section and the application form will be displayed
- Fill in the application form as per your preference and submit the application
- Alternatively, you can select the “Download Application Form” option and send the application form by post.
Al Salama Institute of Architecture Scholarships
Architecture and Interior Designing are costly and that can be a hurdle for good, qualifying students. To overcome that hurdle, ASIA has flexible payment options along with the following scholarships:
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- E-Grantz Scholarship
- Ch Muhammed Koya Scholarship
Al Salama Institute of Architecture Facilities
ASIA is a self – financed college and tries to provide all the top – notch facilities they can offer to their students. Some of the facilities offered by the college are given below:
- Studios and Multipurpose Rooms: The institution provides spacious studios and classrooms for the comfort of the students. Along with this the students are provided with multipurpose rooms for the audio-visual experience of education.
- Library: ASIA has a library with thousands of books and e-books for the students to take references from and expand their knowledge. There is also a reading room for the students to study in peace without any external disturbances.
- Hostel: ASIA offers accommodation to their students so that they can avoid the daily commute and focus solely on their academics. They have different hostels for girls and boys equipped with all the facilities the students might need.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria makes sure that the students have a balanced diet and have the energy to continue on with the day. The students can decide on their food and choose from different options at a cheap price.
Read More: Al Salama Institute of Architecture Reviews
Al Salama Institute of Architecture Faculty
ASIA is known for its reputed and knowledgeable staff members that are always helping the students. This work is done under the guidance of the principal, Asif R Khan. The regular faculty includes:
- HOD: 2
- Professor: 1
- Associate professor: 1
- Assistant professors: 9
Read More: Al Salama Institute of Architecture Faculty
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. How are the placements at Al Salama Institute of Architecture?
Ans. ASIA has a very good reputation when it comes to placements for its students. Following are some of the facts that prove so:
- 65% of students get placed as soon as they graduate
- 80% after a couple of weeks from graduation
- 100% after a month from graduation
- The average starting salary is around 4 lakhs per annum. Check Al Salama Institute of Architecture Placements.
Ques. What is the fee structure for the courses at Al Salama Institute of Architecture?
Ans. The table below shows the fee structure for the courses offered at ASIA:
Ques. How many seats are available for B.Arch at Al Salama Institute of Architecture?
Ans. 50% of seats in B.Arch. are to be filled by The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and the rest 50% by the management of ASIA. The table below gives details about the same:
|The Commissioner For Entrance Examinations||Management of ASIA|
|Lower Income group||Others||Management||NRI|
|10 seats||10 seats||14 seats||6 seats|
Ques. What are the other schools under Al Salama group of Institutions?
Ans. Al Salama group of institutions have three schools in total. The following are the three schools:
- Al Salama Institute of Architecture
- Al Salama College of Optometry
- Al Salama College of Business
Ques. How is the faculty at Al Salama Institute of Architecture?
Ans. The faculty at Al Salama Institute of Architecture is very professional and well qualified. In addition to the regular faculty, they also have visiting faculty members add their own experience and methods to the classroom.