Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development, a.k.a. BSMED is a premier college for management studies that was established in 1984. The college is committed to offering part-time as well as full-time courses with specializations in the stream of Management and Entrepreneurship. It offers MBA, Ph.D., and M.Phil courses. Merit and entrance based admission is offered by the college through both online and offline application facilities.
|Established | Type||1984 | Public|
|Affiliated To||Bharathiar University|
|Courses Offered||MBA, M.Phil., PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Examination|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Campus Area||1000 acres|
|Top Recruiters||ANZ Grindlays, Infosys Technologies Ltd., ITC, NIIT, Reliance Infocomm, Jet Airways|
|Facilities Provided||Library, Hostel, Cafeteria, Small Classes, Wifi Connectivity, Parking, Transport, Laboratories, Swimming Pools|
The college offers 3 courses namely MBA, Ph.D., and M.Phil.
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: BBA from a recognized college
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (TANCET)
|M.Phil.||Specialization: Business Management
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: A minimum of 55% aggregate in Bachelor's program from a recognized college
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
|PhD||Specialization: Business Management
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: MBA or M.Phil. from a recognized college
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Read More: BSMED Fees
BSMED offers both online as well as offline admissions to candidates based on their merit and Entrance Examination, especially for MBA courses. Individuals compatible with clearing the entrance examinations successfully are considered eligible for the counseling round and personal interview. Candidates emerging successful are awarded admissions by the college.
How to Apply?
- The candidate may visit the college campus or the official website of Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development.
- Then collect the form from campus or click on the “Online Admissions” tab on the website.
- Now fill in the credentials of the candidate in the form.
- Keep the required documents attached along with the form.
- Then submit the application form by transferring the application fee to the college through Online Banking, cash, or UPI.
Read More: BSMED Reviews
- Library: The library possessed by BSMED is enriched with a total of 24,000 books and journals in the stream of management available to students on a returnable basis.
- Hostel: The college caters hostel facilities for boys as well as girls so that candidates coming from other cities and states live and study at the same place.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: The college provides its students and staff members with a 24x7 Wi-Fi service.
- Other Facilities: Gym, Cafeteria, Swimming Pool, Smart Classes, Laboratories, Transport Facility, Parking
Read More: BSMED Hostel
BSMED has recruited a faculty consisting of well trained and highly educated teaching staff members who are committed to providing quality education to students and emphasize on their all-round development. The faculty includes a total of 9 teachers with a minimum qualification of MBA or its equivalent.
The school has a sanctioned strength of:
- 1 Director
- 3 Professors
- 5 Readers
- 6 Lecturers and various placement officers.
Read More: BSMED Faculty
Ques. Is Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development a good institute for an MBA program?
Ans. Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development is undoubtedly a good institute for MBA courses for someone looking forward to admission in a private college. The college is government-affiliated, recognized by UGC, offers merit and entrance based admissions, caters to good faculty, and facilitates various amenities.
Ques. Does Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development offer scholarships to students?
Ans. It is Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development’s only demerit that it does not offer financial aid to eligible and worthy candidates belonging to the economically weaker section of the society.
Ques. What is the vision of Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development?
Ans. The vision of BSMED is to provide Internationally comparable quality higher education to the youth. The aim is not only focused on imparting subject knowledge and skills, but also to mold the students with better conduct and character committed to the societal needs and national development.
Ques. What are the documents to be produced at the time of admission in Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development?
Ans. The following if the list of required documents at the time of admission:-
- Aadhar card Number
- Xerox of 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Passport size photograph
- Anti Ragging Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if any)
Ques. How are the Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development placements?
Ans. Bharathiar University has tie-ups with well established and learning companies that arrange for campus recruitments in Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development. Moreover, the college also caters to a separate department for career guidance that looks after the task of proper guidance of students and training them for respective interviews. The following is the list of companies ranked among BSMED’s top recruiters:-
- ANZ Grindlays
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Reliance Infocomm
- Jet Airways
- Mahindra Holiday