GNVS Institute of Management (GNVS-IOM) is ranked 11th Best B-School in Mumbai by Times B-School 2019 Survey. The institute affiliated to the University of Mumbai and approved by AICTE and DTE was established in 2010. GNVS-IOM works under Guru Nanak Vidyak Society Trust (est. 1947) which caters to society’s need in the field of education. GNVS-IOM is the destination for building careers with their primary aim to produce quality managers who go on to become assets to the organizations they work in. The institute emphasizes high-quality educational content, delivered by some of the best faculty from Industry and Academia.
In a short span of time GNVS-IOM has been recognized as one of the best-emerging management institutes in Mumbai with excellence in Academics, strong industry connect and placements and world-class distinguished faculty from industry and academics. It prides itself on producing Mumbai University Toppers in MMS for two consecutive years (2014 and 2015). GNVS-IOM offers MMS course with specializations in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations, and Systems. It boasts of academic excellence with university toppers in 2015. It has a faculty talent pool with rich industry experience and academic acumen. GNVS-IOM students have been recognized for their achievements and have been awarded outstanding research paper awards in national and international conferences like Jamnala Bajaj, IBS, Amity, to name a few.
GNVS Institute Of Management Highlights
|Established | Type||2010 | Private|
|Affiliated To||University of Mumbai|
GNVS Institute Of Management Rankings
- Ranked 11th among Top Best B-Schools in Mumbai by Times of India Best B-School 2019 Survey.
- Ranked 57th among Top Private B-Schools in Mumbai by Times of India Best B-School 2019 Survey.
- Ranked 71st among Top B-Schools in Mumbai by Times of India Best B-School 2019 Survey.
- Ranked Among Best B-Schools in India by Business Today 2019.
- Roll of Honour: All MMS Rank-holders of University of Mumbai in 2014 & 2015.
GNVS Institute Of Management Courses
GNVSIOM offers MMS in various specializations such as Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations and Systems. Details for the said course are as mentioned below:
Master in Management Studies (MMS)
GNVS-IOM offers full-time 2 years MMS program under Mumbai University. MMS curriculum falls under two categories of Core (common for all specializations), and Electives (choice for students within specializations) leading towards super specialization. Additional value-added courses like certificate courses in SPSS, Chinese Language, Six Sigma, Simulation workshops, and Personality Development training with ‘Learn Grow Lead’ #LGL are instrumental in student’s development. Innovative pedagogy is used to encourage the students to find their strength through experiential learning through certificate courses like #LGL. These tailor-made cutting edge courses are introduced to ensure that GNVS-IOM students can find their place and sustain in this VUCA world.
For MMS Admission, the candidate must be passed with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State only) in any Bachelor's degree awarded by any of the Universities.
- MAH-MBA/MMS-CET, CAT/CMAT/MAT (Conducted by AICTE) / Association CET/ Any other equivalent CET as approved by DTE will be eligible to get admission to MMS course in GNVS Institute of Management.
Read more: GNVSIOM Courses and Fee Structure
GNVS Institute Of Management Cutoff
Tabulated below is the MAHCET cutoff for admission to the MMS course at GNVS Institute of management:
|MMS Human Resources||77||78|
Read more: GNVSIOM Cutoff
GNVS Institute Of Management Placements
GNVSIOM has an actively working placement team that has the objective of successfully providing students with professional training, industry exposure and placement opportunities every year. Placement drives are conducted annually and major companies visit the campus to offer employment along with attractive packages. The Institute has a record of providing 90%+ quality and consistent placement.
- Total no. of companies: 156
- Average growth rate: 38%
- Highest Package: 8.5 LPA
- Average Package: 4.2 LPA
- Students with multiple offer letters: 40%
- 72% placement achievement till date
- Highest Internship Stipend: INR 30,000 per month
Year on Year Growth Rate of Companies
Specialization-wise Placement Share
Some of the recruiters at the GNVS Institute of Management include well-reputed companies such as Accenture, Flipkart, Whirlpool, Wipro, American Express, HDFC and more.
Read more: GNVSIOM Placement
GNVS Institute Of Management Faculty
GNVS Institute of Management boasts a highly qualified faculty of 19 members in total. All of the faculty members at the institute are very accomplished in their fields and have obtained expertise through years of experience in the industry. All of the faculty members at the GNVS institute of Management are extremely encouraging and cooperative towards students and always follow new and innovative teaching and learning methods for effective academic growth. The institute’s faculty has 10 members who hold Ph.Ds in their respective disciplines.
Read more: GNVSIOM Faculty
GNVS Institute Of Management Facilities
- Library: The institute library is well stocked with a collection of 6000+ books, Leading Business Magazines, Newspapers, 48+ Printed Journals and 100+ CDs.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria provides hygienic and delicious varieties of Indian and Chinese cuisines, snacks and beverages.
- Infrastructure: The classrooms and labs have state of the art facilities and are fully equipped with advanced equipment and gadgets.
- Accommodation: GNVSIOM helps the students in finding accommodation. The institute arranges the economical and safe accommodation for needy students.
GNVS Institute Of Management FAQs
Ques. Does any GNVS Institute of Management Offer any Scholarships?
Ans. Yes, but one has to apply with proper documents such as Income & Caste Certificates. The scholarships are as follows:
- 100% Tuition fees reimbursement for students belonging to SC, ST, SBC, VJ, DT, NT,
- 50% Tuition fees reimbursement for students belonging to OBC.
- 50% Tuition fees reimbursement for students having annual family income less than 8 lakhs.
- Merit cum means based scholarship to the students belonging to minority communities.
Note: This above fees reimbursements are applicable as per government resolutions.
Ques. How are the placements at GNVS Institute of Management?
Ans. The institute has an active placement team which conducts placements annually. During the previous placements, the highest package was worth INR 8.5 LPA and the average package was INR 4.25 LPA. Companies that recruit from the institute include Accenture, Flipkart, Whirlpool, Wipro, American Express, HDFC and several others.
Ques. What is the faculty to student ratio at the institute?
Ans. The faculty to student ratio is 1:15.