Arulmurugan College of Engineering, located in Karur, Tamil Nadu, was established in 2012. The college offers BE courses in 5 specializations and ME courses are 2 specializations at the postgraduate level. Admissions to all courses will be based on the performance of the candidate in various entrance exams like TNEA and TANCET followed by the counselling organized by the community.
Arulmurugan College of Engineering Highlights
|Established in | Institution Type||2012 | Private|
|Affiliated To||Anna University|
|Courses Offered||BE & ME|
|Entrance Exam||TNEA & TANCET|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, BMW, HCL, Wipro, Reliance, Hero, Hyundai|
|Facilities Available||Central Library, Hostel, Sports, Gymnasium, Global Resource Centre, etc.|
|Campus Area||50 Acres|
Arulmurugan College of Engineering Achievements
The institution has witnessed impressive achievements in the field of Academic and Placement within 4 years, which are described below:
|Silicon India Magazine||Best Emerging Engineering College in South India|
|Governor of Tamil Nadu||Best Engineering College Award - 2014|
|Autodesk, USA||Centre of Excellence|
|Palo Alto Networks||Authorized Academic Center|
Arulmurugan College of Engineering Courses
The following courses at UG and PG level are offered by Arulmurugan College of Engineering:
|BE||Duration: 4 years
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Eligibility: A pass in 10+2 with 50% (OC), 45% (BC), and 40% (MBC, DNC, SC, SCA, ST) avg. marks scored in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry combined.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (TNEA)
|ME||Duration: 2 years
Specializations: Computer Science & Engineering & Industrial Safety Engineering.
Eligibility: B.E./ B.Tech degree in relevant discipline.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (TANCET)
Read More: Arulmurugan College of Engineering Fees
Arulmurugan College of Engineering Admissions
For the UG program, candidates are selected on the basis of merit and the marks scored in 10+2 examinations. Candidates need to take part in TNEA counselling for entry. Admission to Post Graduate programs is granted based on merit.
How to Apply?
- Visit the Official Website of the Arulmurugan College of Engineering.
- Register yourself with valid information and generate a login ID according to the university guidelines.
- Upload the required scanned photograph and signature.
- Make online payment.
- For future reference, keep the application form copy & acknowledgement copy.
Arulmurugan College of Engineering Placements
Arulmurugan College of Engineering has a very active placement cell that serves as a base for many careers by directing students through regular counselling and campus recruitment arrangements in the right direction. This center maintains a meticulous database and supports students through campus recruitment to be put in national & international businesses.
Some of the top recruiters include IBM, HCL, HP, Nokia Siemens Networks, Tata Steel, Wipro, Avalon, Suxlon, Reliance, Atlas International, Hero Motocorp, B-TEX, TVS, Lintech Electric, Hyundai, LMW, Mphasis, etc.
|Year||Total No. of Offers Received||Students Opted for Placements|
Read More: Arulmurugan College of Engineering Placement
Arulmurugan College of Engineering Facilities
- Library: The institution has a modern library which is well stocked with current books and periodicals, management videos, CDs and other learning resources. The library's prominent features are thousands of books relating to the fields of science and humanities, engineering & technology and management, national and international journals, and a wide selection of magazines. The library (4940 sq. ft.) is fully automated and has a high-speed internet connection with multiple terminals to help the faculty and students get web-based information.
- Hostel: The institution has separate accommodations for men and women. The rooms are well furnished and the residents are provided with facilities such as a fan, tube light, cupboard, for comfortable living.
- Sports: Regular sports activities are conducted in the college. The college has an excellent sports infrastructure to engage all students who desire to excel in the sports arena.
- Transport: A fleet of buses for students and faculty members is available. Buses operate over a range of 90kms. College buses from Karur, Aravakkurichy, Kangeyam, Tirupur, Dharapuram and Kodumudi ferry the students and faculty.
- Laboratories: The College has well-equipped laboratories with the latest technology devices. Separate Language Laboratory to develop our students' communicative English.
Read More: Arulmurugan College of Engineering Reviews
Arulmurugan College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. What are the Civil Engineering program outcomes at Arulmurugan College of Engineering?
Ans. Following are the civil engineering program outcome:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering and to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability and to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems and to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
Ques. How does the placement cell in the Arulmurugan College of Engineering work?
Ans. The Cell for Training & Placement is dedicated to providing its graduates with all necessary assistance in their efforts to find jobs. In order to promote contacts between businesses and graduates, the Training & Placement service operates all year around.
Ques. What are the lab facilities available in the Mechanical engineering department at Arulmurugan College of Engineering?
Ans. Following labs are available in Mechanical Department:
- ADM/ CAMD/ CAM/ Simulation and Analysis Lab
- Heat Power Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Kinematics and Dynamic Labs
- Manufacturing Technology
Ques. What are the fees of BE at Arulmurugan College of Engineering?
Ans. The BE fee is INR INR 60000 per year at Arulmurugan College of Engineering.
Ques. What is the intake criteria in Arulmurugan College of Engineering?
Ans. 65% seats (GQ) are admitted through Tamilnadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) by single window admissions and the rest by the Management Quota (MQ) based on common ranking provided by the Consortium of Engineering colleges approved by the Govt.