Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies (RGCMS), Navi Mumbai is recognized by the “Times of India Group” in Edupreneurs 2019-20 and is ranked as “Institute of the Year 2018” by Higher Education Review. RGCMS Navi Mumbai offers a Master in Management Studies, whereby the students are given admission based on marks obtained from national-level examinations such as MHCET/ CMAT/ MAT/ CAT. Graduates from the college are placed in top-notch companies such as ICICI Bank, Cipla, Vijay Group, Morning Star, Kotak Mahindra Bank, XL Dynamics, ITM Institutions, etc. The average salary package offered to students is INR 3.5 LPA and the highest salary package offered ranges between INR 6-7 LPA.
Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies Highlights
|Established | Type||2009 | Private Institute|
|Affiliated to||Mumbai University|
|Approved by||AICTE, DTE|
|Courses Offered||MMS/ MBA (Finance, Systems/ IT, Operations, Marketing, Human Resources)|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Top recruiters||ICICI Bank, Cipla, Vijay Group, Birla gold, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Wellness forever, ITM institutions|
|Total Faculty||12 with 4 Ph.D holders|
|Address||CIDCO, Plot No 01, Sector-8, Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai - 400701 Maharashtra, India|
Why Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies?
- RGCMS is a WIFI-enabled campus with more than 120 computers in the lab.
- The college has a library with 5500 books.
- The college conducts Workshops, Seminars, Guest Lectures (Industry Experts), Cultural activities, etc. for student exposure.
- RGCMS also offers a certificate program in Capital Market along with short-term industry certificate courses for faculty and students.
Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies Courses
RGCMS offers PG Courses in Management Studies in 5 different specializations. The details are given below:
|MMS/ MBA||Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations, Systems (IT), Marketing
||Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates belonging to Maharashtra only)|
Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies Admissions
Admissions are done on the basis of merit and entrance examinations followed by GD and PI. The candidates can fill the application form through online and offline mode. Listed below are the details for the same:
- Applicants can fill the application form available on the official website of the institute.
- Go to the “Admissions” and click on the “Application Form”.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Submit the duly filled form along with mandatory documents and prescribed fees.
The application forms and information brochure can also be collected from the college campus on payment of non-refundable fees of INR 500.
Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies Placements
RGCMS has a dedicated training and placement cell that provides excellent placement opportunities to the students. The placement cell of RGCMS has witnessed more than 80% on-campus placement. Some of the placement highlights are:
- Highest Salary: INR 6-7 LPA
- Average Salary: INR 3.5 LPA
- Top Recruiters: Morning Star, Kotak Mahindra Bank, XL Dynamics, ITM institutions, Wipro, Reliance Jio, Cognizant, Hero Technologies, and many more.
Check: RGCMS Navi Mumbai Placement
Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies Scholarships
RGCMS provides JNI Scholarship, Government Scholarship for reserved category and EWS candidates. A brief about the same is given below:
- The scholarship is provided by Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Education, Science & Technological Research Trust (JNIESTRT).
- The key objective is to provide merit cum need-based financial assistance to capable students belonging to OBC/SEBC/SC/ST/NT category or economically backward category and children of Covid-19 frontline workers.
- Scholarship Amount: INR 10,000 to INR 40,000* per year (*subject to the fulfillment of criteria laid down by JNIESTRT).
- Criteria: The candidate’s family income should be less than or equal to 5 lakhs per annum.
- Candidates should appear for MAH-CET or any recognized entrance exam for MMS/ MBA and score minimum marks in the entrance (Due to pandemic students who have not appeared for the entrance exam will also be considered for scholarship).
Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies Faculty
This college has a highly talented pool of exceptionally qualified faculty members. It houses a total number of 12 members, out of which 4 are Ph.D. qualified.
Check: RGCMS Navi Mumbai Faculty
Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies FAQs
Ques. Does Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies have a hostel facility for students?
Ans. Yes. RGCMS provides a separate hostel for boys and girls. The total fees of the hostel include breakfast and dinner as well.
Ques. What is the intake capacity at Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies?
Ans. The total seat intake capacity at Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies for the MMS program is 120 for the 2021-2022 batch.
Ques. What are the rules pertaining to attendance at Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies?
Ans. At RGCMS, as per University norms attendance should be a minimum of 75% for theory and 100% for practical. Students will be given a warning for tinier low attendance through notice boards.
Ques. Does the Rajeev Gandhi College of Management Studies organize industrial visits?
Ans. Yes. RGCMS arranges industrial visits for students where they witness real-life scenarios at work. The students are given the opportunities to understand back-office operations or general management activities at well-known and professionally managed offices. The institute also organizes tours around various departments of manufacturing and process-oriented companies. The duration of such visits last for a couple of hours to a whole day at the site. A teaching faculty usually accompanies students on such visits.