Table of Contents
MAH CET 2020 Result (Released), Cut Off, Counselling and Rank Predictor
MAH CET 2020 was concluded successfully in two slots on March 14 and 15, 2020 across 47 cities in India. MAH CET 2020 Result has been announced today i.e May 23, 2020. MAH CET 2020 is a state-level entrance exam conducted by DTE Maharashtra for admission to MBA programmes offered by participating colleges of Maharashtra. Check MAH CET 2020 Result Details
- As per the initial reaction of test-takers the exam paper was observed to be slightly tougher in comparison to the previous year paper. A good attempt of 135-140 questions can land a 99 percentile, as suggested by the experts. Check MAH CET 2020 Cut off
- The test scores will be accepted by over 300 public/private business schools in Maharashtra including SIMSR Mumbai, Prin L.N Welinger Institute of Management Development and Research.
- Alternatively known as MAH MBA/MMS-CET, the exam allows candidates to gain admission into their preferred college through a Centralized Admission Process (CAP). Check MAH CET Counselling Process
Candidates holding a graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for admission through MAH CET. Candidates who belong to the general category should obtain a minimum 50% aggregate, while those who belong to reserved categories should score a 45% minimum. MAH CET Syllabus consisted of Logical reasoning (75 questions), Abstract Reasoning (25 questions), Quantitative Aptitude (50 questions), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (50 questions). Predict Your Rank with MAH CET 2020 Rank Predictor
MAH CET (MBA CET) 2020- Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Test Duration||150 minutes|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
|Number of Options per question||5|
|Exam type||State Level PG|
|Score Validity||1 year|
|Conducting Body||DTE Maharashtra|
|Colleges accepting CET score||330+ colleges|
MAH CET 2020 Result
The result for MAH CET 2020 released on May 23, 2020. Earlier it was stipulated to be released on March 31, 2020. Visit the official website to check the results, released in the form of a scorecard. Post declaration of results a merit list will be prepared and selected candidates shall be called for Counselling.
How to download MAH CET 2020 results?
Problems while downloading MAH CET 2020 Scorecard
There are instances when a student may encounter certain problems while downloading MAH CET Result. The problems can be broadly of two types:
- Technical Error on Website- This situation can probably arise because of traffic congestion at website. In such a case, try to close and open the window afresh.
- Slow internet connection- It is suggested that while you download the scorecard, use a high speed internet connection, preferably broadband connection, or download the scorecard later.
- Wrong Login Credentials- In case you forget your login password, click on ‘forgot password’ and follow the instructions to successfully change your password and get your scorecard downloaded.
List of MAH CET 2020 Toppers
|Candidate Names||MAH CET score||MAH CET percentile|
|Shashank Chandrahas Prabhu||159||99.99|
|Ankit Udit Thakker||155||99.99|
|Harsh Bhavesh Shah||151||99.99|
|Aditya Narayan Sridhar||150||99.99|
|Rajat Sunil Jadhav||150||99.99|
|Mayuresh Rajkumar Dehankar||149||99.99|
|Rutuja Nitinkumar Somani||149||99.99|
|Anay Ojas Dave||149||99.99|
|Warren Philip Remedios||148||99.99|
|Dhruv Nitin Shah||147||99.99|
|Jigar Ghanshyam Parekh||147||99.99|
|Jay Bharat Maru||147||99.99|
|Vidhan Jayaprakash Agrawal||147||99.99|
|Jitesh Shankar Motwani||146||99.99|
|Zeel Jayesh Khona||145||99.98|
|Priyanka Ramesh Jaiswal||145||99.98|
|Akshay Sanjay Lahoti||144||99.98|
|Rishabh Ramlal Vankudre||143||99.98|
|Hrishikesh Manu Pillai||143||99.98|
|Yashrajsingh Mohansingh Rajput||142||99.97|
|Sanmit Mukund More||142||99.97|
How is MAH CET Score Calculated?
How is MAH CET Score Calculated?
According to the marking scheme of MAH CET, 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer, whereas there is no provision of negative marking. However, since the paper is conducted in 4 slots ranging between 2 days, the difficulty level of the slots may vary. For eg: Slot 1 can be more difficult than Slot 3. To ease score calculation in such circumstances, corrected scores obtained by all candidates appearing on both days are normalized to fairly equate their performace. The scores after this process are called Equated Scores which are reported upto two decimal points.
MAH CET 2020 Cut-offAccording to expert opinions, MAH CET 2020 cut off is expected to lie above 99 percentile, for which a candidate is required to score approximately 140 marks. However, the cut off is subject to change as it is primarily based on student opinions and not on seeing MAH CET 2020 Question Paper. Following will be the cut off for premier institutes.
|Institute||Cut off percentile|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (Open)||99.95|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai||99.78|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||99.60|
|S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai||99.00|
|N.L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||98.90|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||95.61|
|University of Pune – DMS (PUMBA), Pune||93.74|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||93.21|
|MET's Institute of Management, Mumbai||91.21|
Check previous year MAH CET Cut off
MAH CET Counselling Process
MAH CET Counselling Process
The registration for counselling procedure of MAH CET Exam 2020 is likely to be scheduled from June 2020 onwards post declaration of results. The Centralized Admission Process will be conducted in three rounds for confirmation and allotment of seats. The counselling process is being done through Online Web Counselling only.
Stage 1: Online Registration
- All candidates who have appeared in MAH CET 2020 are required to fill in the online application form for CAP counselling registration.
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Click on the link “Counselling Procedure of MAH CET 2020 registration”.
- Enter your name, application number, roll no. date of birth and Password.
- Pay the counselling fee through online net baking.
Stage 2: Fee Submission
The counselling fee is non-refundable and has to be paid at the time of form submission only. Fee payment has to be made through online transaction only.
|Applicant category||Counselling fee|
|General category (candidates from Maharashtra and outside Maharashtra)||INR 2000|
|Candidates in reserved category||INR 1800|
Stage 3: Document verification
- Post registration, the applicant is required to get their documents verified at the Application Form Receipt Center.
- To know your ARC center, visit the official website of MAH CET.
- The applicant is required to carry a set of photocopy of all documents at the counselling venue.
- Documents required at the time of MAH CET 2020 Counselling Procedure are jotted down below:
- MAH CET Admit Card
- MAH CET Rank Card
- Class 10th and 12th certificate
- Residence proof
- Migration certificate
- Category certificate
Stage 4: Choice Filling
- Post verification of documents, the applicant is required to login their account and choose their respective college and branch.
- Once the choices have been locked, the applicant won’t be able to change them.
Stage 5: Seat Allotment
- The seat allocation is done on the basis of vacancies, rank of appeared students and choices filled by the applicants.
- To check the seat allocation result the applicant is required to login on his/her account
- On selection in any college, the applicant will be issued a provisional admission letter.
Stage 6: Reporting to Allotted Institute
- After a successful allocation of seat, the applicant is required to report to the allotted institute.
- The applicant is required to carry the seat allotment letter and all the necessary documents.
- If the candidate fails to report to the institute then, this will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.
Stage 7: Confirmation Letter
- The applicant will be provided a confirmation letter by the respective college, post completion of online Counselling Procedure.
MAH CET 2020 Paper Analysis
MAH CET 2020 was conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra on March 14 – 15, 2020 in two slots. A common observation throughout all the slots was that the paper was found lengthy and it was a struggle for the test takers to attempt the paper in the given duration. The overall section-wise difficulty level of MAH CET 2020 is tabulated below:
|Section name||Difficulty level|
|Abstract Reasoning||Moderate to Difficult|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Easy to Moderate|
- There was a major change in the question pattern of verbal ability section. The questions were based on the contextual use of Vocabulary, English Language Usage, Para completion and other topics.
- Many questions were also easier for candidates to score high in uniform marking pattern.
- Logical & Abstract reasoning had 50% weightage in the exam. Questions in Abstract reasoning were quite easy as compared to other sections.
- The Quantitative aptitude section was moderate to difficult. Out of 50 questions, more than 20 questions were on Data Interpretation and rest were based on quantitative aptitude.
Section-wise difficulty level
|Section name||Difficulty level|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||Difficult|
MAH CET (MBA CET) 2020 Exam Dates
Tabulated below is a detailed tentative schedule for MAH CET Exam 2020:
|MAH CET 2020 online registration date||January 10, 2020|
|Closing date of application||February 22, 2020|
|Last day to print application||March 01, 2020|
|Issue of MAH CET Admit Card||March 02, 2020|
|MAH CET 2020 Exam Dates||March 14 & 15, 2020|
|Announcement of result||May 23, 2020|
Exam Pattern for MAH CET
MAH CET Exam Pattern
- The time duration for MAH MBA CET is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The question paper will be objective type with 5 options on each question.
- Total number of questions will be 200
|Name of the section||Number of questions||Marks per question||Maximum marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Competition||50||1||50|
Check complete: MAH CET Exam Pattern
Marking Scheme in MAH CET
- Candidates will have 150 minutes to answer 200 multiple choice questions.
- For every correct response, candidates will recieve +1 mark in all 4 sections of the exam.
- There will be no negative marking in the examination, therefore test-takers will not be penalized on their wrong answers.
MAH CET Syllabus
Given below is a brief section-wise syllabus for the management exam:
It assesses the ability skills to interpret number sequences and questions based on verbal reasoning. This section will include 75 questions from Logical reasoning and 25 questions from Abstract reasoning, will include questions from the following topics:
|Symbol-based Comparison||Linear and Circular Arrangement|
|Sequential Output||Series Completion|
|Selection Criteria||Venn Diagram, Network Diagram|
|Figure-Based Statement||Diagram Based Statement|
|Binary Logic||Decision Making|
This section covers the arithmetic problem involving ratio and proportion. This section is to assess quantitative reasoning abilities, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts. This section will include 50 questions from the following topics:
|Quantitative Reasoning||Data Sufficiency|
|Geometry||Ratio & Proportion|
|Percentage||Data Interpretation – Graphs, Charts, Tables|
|Profit and Loss||Interest (Simple and Compound)|
|Speed, Time, and Distance||Number System|
|Elementary Mathematics||Mixtures and Allegation|
|Sequences and Series||Permutation and Combination|
|Triangles, Circles||Coordinate Geometry|
|Data Interpretation||Caselet Based Data|
This includes English language grammar and basics, to test comprehension and accuracy in the English language. This section will include 50 questions from the following topics:
|Antonyms & Synonyms||Reading Comprehension|
|Fill in the blanks||Grammar|
|Sentence completion, arrangement||Spelling/Inappropriate usage|
Read more MAH CET Syllabus
- For ease at the time revision, you can make handy notes or a comprehensive list of formulas.
- Since you are preparing for a competitive exam, a timetable is a must. You will need to put 6-8 hours in studies, with frequent breaks. So it is most prominent to make a time-table and stick to it.
- You should not prolong to-do’s and must get all your doubts cleared at regular intervals. For a ground breaking strategy it is suggested to seek guidance from a good coaching institute. It will also save your time and attempts.
- To analyze your performance as well as weak points mock tests are a bit helpful. You can take a series of mock test and track your scores. Also, mock tests will give you an extra edge in actual exams.
- A good time management strategy will always help you identify the difficulty level of the question. Time management will help you go through all the questions during exam and likewise, you will be able to divide the time equally amongst all subjects.
- Once you have a solid and concrete plan, utilize the last 15 days before the exam for revision only. Practice and revise all the topics. The key point is to have a clear idea of the concepts that you have prepared rather than having rote learning of basics for the paper.
MAH CET Recommended Books
If you are already in the middle of preparation then, you can refer the following books:
|Name of the book||Author/Publisher|
|50+ Solved Papers||Arihant|
|Solved and Mock Papers||Arihant|
|Entrance guide for MHA MBA||Deepak Aggarwal|
|MBA Mock Papers||R. K Jha|
|Mock Papers||Disha Experts|
Section-wise books to refer for the preparation
For section-wise preparation the applicant can refer the following books:
|Name of the book||Author/Published|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Sarvesh. K.Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
MAH CET previous year highlights
|Count of appeared candidates||98602|
|Candidates who scored 99.99 percentile (score range 165-149)||14|
|Colleges offering admission||Around 400|
Institutes Accepting MAH CET 2020 Scores
The applicant can get admission in the following Universities/Institutes based on MBA CET scores:
- University Departments of Management Education
- University- managed Management Education Institutes
- All Government of Maharashtra Management Education Institutes
- All Un-Aided Management Education Institutes
MAH CET Eligibility
- The candidate must have passed a minimum of 3 years Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a university recognized by UGC/AIU.
- For reserved categories and disable person (belonging to Maharashtra State only) an aggregate of 45% is required. Candidates who belong to a reserved category need to produce a “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by the Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department and candidates belonging to the ST department should submit a “Tribal Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal department.
- Reserved candidates who do not belong to SC/ST also need to possess a valid Non-Creamy layer certificate.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply.
- The percentage of marks have to be rounded off to two places after the decimal point.
Read Complete MAH CET Eligibility Criteria
MAH CET 2020 Application Form
The applicant can apply online only. Given below is the category-wise fee with a brief of the registration procedure:
|Application Category||Application Fee|
|General category (from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State(OMS), J&K Migrant candidates||INR 1000|
|Backward class category [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and persons with disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State||INR 800|
|Foreign national, PIO living in foreign||INR 5000|
Modes of payment
- Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro)
- Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the receipt and online application form with the fee details. Without the previous documents, the online transaction will not be accepted.
Note: After the candidate has submitted their payment information on the application form, they must wait for the intimation button from the server. In order to avoid a double charge, one must be careful not to press back or refresh button in order to avoid a double charge.
Pre-requisites for filling application form
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature
- Photo size should be between 20KB to 50KB
- Signature size should be between 10KB to 20KB.
- Valid e-mail ID and mobile number
- Academic details
Steps to register
Step 1: Visit the official website of MAH CET ie. cetcell.mahacet.org
Step 2: Click on “Click here for Online Registration”
Step 3: For new registration choose the tab “Click for New Registration” and enter relevant details.
Step 4: Note down the provisional registration number generated by the system.
Step 5: Enter the details of the relevant entrance exam in regards to your candidature.
Step 6: Determine your applicant category, belonging to Maharashtra State or Outside Maharashtra State category.
Step 7: Check your candidature type on the basis of entered particulars.
Step 8: Select your category -General or Reserved.
Step 9: Enter your academic qualification details of grade 10th onwards.
Steps to follow post submission of details on the portal
Step 1: Validate your details to proceed for further steps.
Step 2: Upload your photo and signatures
Step 3: Modify and recheck all your details for final submission of application
Step 4: Make payment of application form through any of the modes of payment given below
Step 5: On successful payment of application fee, an e-receipt will be generated
Step 6: Take a printout of the e-receipt and the online application form.
Read more: MAH CET Application Form
MAH CET (MBA CET) 2020 Admit Card
The applicant is required to carry the issued hall ticket with identity proof. Candidates must remember to carry a hard copy of their admit card along with them to the exam center along with a photograph.
How to download MAH CET 2020 Admit Card?
- Go to the login section on the official website
- Enter your login credentials
- Fill your Roll Number or Candidate login.
- To download the admit card in the PDF form enter your D.O.B or password.
Items/documents to carry on the exam date
The candidate must carry all the necessary documents to the test center in order to appear for MAH CET 2020.
- Hall ticket attached with a recent photograph
- Government issued Identity Proof
- Ballpoint Pen
- Applicant belonging to PWD category shall carry duly filled Scribe form
Acceptable ID proofs for verification (any 1 of the following)
- Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer/People’s representative
- Valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized College/ University
|Voter’s Card||Employee ID|
|Bar Council Identity Card||Aadhaar/ E-Aadhaar Card|
|Permanent Driving License||Bank Passbook with a photograph|
Discrepancy in MAH CET Admit Card
In case there is any discrepancy in the hall ticket, contact DTE Maharashtra on
Phone: 91-022-2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601 or 2269 0602
Fax. on: The applicant can also fax on 91-022-2269 2102, 2269 0007
E-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the Admit Card page is not accessible then it is advisable to revisit the website after 15-20 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
Guidelines for PwD Candidates
Candidates who possess disabilities such as visual impairment, locomotor disabilities, hearing impairment, speech and language disability, intellectual disability, mental illness, or a disability caused due to a chronic neurological condition or blood disorder may utilize the option of bringing their own scribe at their cost during the examination.The following guidelines are applicable to candidates whose disabilities hinder their writing speed during the examination:
- Candidate must procure a scribe through their own cost and effort.
- The scribe that comes along with the candidate must not be a test-taker for the same examination. The candidate is not allowed to answer any of the questions during the examination. The scribe may also not answer any of the questions on their own accord.
- A scribe may only write the exam for one candidate and may have any background stream in their history.
- Candidates who are utilizing a scribe may avail a compensation of 20 minutes for every hour passed in the examination.
MAH CET 2020 Exam Centers
- MAH CET is conducted annually across 36 cities in Maharashtra and 13 cities outside the state.
- The applicant must give his/her preference for the center at the time of form-filling.
- No request for change of venue after allocation of respective centers shall be entertained.
- Competent authority reserves the right to allot the exam centers according to the seat availability than the one he/she has opted for.
- DTE conducts the exam within the state and out of the state also.
- The allotted centers will be mentioned on the hall ticket.
- If the applicant reports after the specified reporting time on the hall ticket then, he/she will not be permitted to take the exam.
Check Here MAH CET Exam Centers
MAH CET 2020 FAQs
Ques. I am on OMS Candidate and my attempt for MAH CET 2020 is between 135-140. Can I get JBIMS?
Ans. A candidate with a score around 99.99 percentile should get into any of the top colleges undet CET. Percentile fo JBIMS (OMS) category students is expectetd to reach around 99.98% which can be covered if a candidate is able to attempt around 148 with accuracy. However, the final list is not out yet and chances of getting selected to JBIMS cannot be completely ruled out.
Ques. Are there any sectional cut offs in MAH CET 2020 that one needs to clear along with overall cut off?
Ans. No. MAH CET does not involve any sort of sectional cut offs that are required to be met by appearing candidates.
Ques. What will be the cut off of PUMBA for OMS candidates?
Ans. Cut off of PUMBA for OMS candidates is expected to be high. A score of 99.7+% is required to get into PUMBA. The cut off is normally very high for OMS candidates as they can get into the college through CMAT, MAT, and ATMA.
Ques. How many seats are available in JBIMS M.Sc. Finance?
Ans. In JBIMS M.Sc. Finance, 30 seats in total are available for which students need to qualify MBA CET and then appear for a separate GDPI process, which was earlier scheduled to be held in May, but now it is postponed.
Ques. Is General Knowledge marks considere at the time of percentile calculation?
Ans. No. General Knowledge marks are not counted at the time of percentile calculation. A false rumour has been spread by some, but such is not the case in reality.
Ques. I am a Maharashtra state candidate and have appeared for CAT. Do I need to make a fresh registration for MAH CET to seek admission in MBA/MMS course?
Ans. Yes. Even if you have appeared for CAT, you’re required to register and sit for MAH CET.
Ques. I am a Bangladeshi student. Am I eligible to apply for MAH CET?
Ans. Being a Bangladeshi national, you would come under the category OCI/PIO/Foreign students. 6 seats are reserved for this category for a batch of 140 for Masters of Management MS Course in JBIMS along with 6 seats for NRI and 6 seats for CIWGC quota.
Ques. I have taken CAT. Is it necessary for me to appear for MAH CET?
Ans. Candidates who wish to participate in Centralised Admission Process based on CAT/XAT/CMAT etc. are required to register for MAH CET and keep a print out of the application form.
Ques. I wish to take admission in Sri Balaji. Is it necessary for me to appear for MAH CET?
Ans. To get admission in Sri Balaji, it is necessary to appear for atleast one management entrance examination. It may be CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT or MH-CET
Ques. I am currently in the final year of my graduation. Can I sit for MAH CET?
Ans. Yes. You can apply for MAH CET 2020. However, you will be asked to fetch documents along with marksheets at the time of counselling process.
Ques. Do I need to fill separate form JBIMS and PUMBA besides filling in MAH CET form?
Ans. You’re not required to fill separate admission forms to these institutes if you have already filled MAH CET form. The entire admission process will be administered by DTE.
Ques. How can I prepare for MAH CET in 30days to ace through the cut off of top b-schools?
Ans. Preparing for an examination requires hardcore practice stretching over months. However, if you are left with a time span of 30 days, you can still be a pioneer. All you need to do is go through previous year question papers, practice mock test regularly, and clear your basics.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College