MAH MBA CET 2019 Counselling, Merit List and Seat Allotment
MAH CET 2019 result was released by DTE, Maharashtra on March 30, 2019. Candidates can check the result from its official website using their login credentials.
Latest: CAP Round 1 cancelled after SC directive, revised schedule & merit list announced – Check Here
- The test scores will be accepted by over 300 public/private business schools in Maharashtra including SIMSR Mumbai, Prin L.N Welinger Institute of Management Development and Research. Check MAH CET Cut off
- All colleges release their individual category wise cut off which is generally 98 and above percentile.
- Depending upon test scores, you can get admission in various MBA/MMS institutes in Maharashtra through its Counselling Process
Candidates securing a position in the merit list are eligible to participate in the counselling procedure. Stages under counselling involves filling of application form, document verification, seat allotment, preference filling and reporting to college for confirmation of seat.
Highlights of MAH CET 2019
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Test Duration||150 minutes|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
|Number of Options per question||5|
|Exam type||State Level PG|
|Score Validity||1 year|
|Conducting Body||DTE Maharashtra|
|Colleges accepting CET score||400 colleges|
MAH CET 2019 Exam Dates
Tabulated below is a detailed schedule for MAH CET Exam:
|MAH CET 2019 online registration date||January 10, 2019|
|Closing date of application||February 15, 2019|
|Issue of MAH CET Admit Card||March 1, 2019|
|MAH CET 2019 Exam Dates||March 9 - 10, 2019|
|Announcement of result||March 31, 2019|
MAH CET Exam Eligibility
- The candidate must have passed a minimum of 3 year Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a university recognized by UGC/AIU.
- For reserved categories and disable person (belonging to Maharashtra State only) an aggregate of 45% is required.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply.
Read Complete MAH CET Eligibility Criteria
MAH CET 2019 Application Form
The applicant can apply online only. Given below is the category-wise fee with a brief of the registration procedure:
|Application Category||Application Fee|
|General category (from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State(OMS), J&K Migrant candidates||INR 1000|
|Backward class category [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and persons with disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State||INR 800|
|Foreign national, PIO living in foreign||INR 5000|
Modes of payment
- Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro)
- Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
Pre-requisites for filling application form
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature
- Photo size should be between 200KB to 50KB
- Signature size should be between 10KB to 20KB.
- Valid e-mail ID and mobile number
- Academic details
Steps to register
Step 1: Visit the official website http://cetcell.mahacet.org/MAH-MBAMMS-CET-2019/
Step 2: Click on “ Apply Online”
Step 3: For new registration choose the tab “Click for New Registration” and enter relevant details.
Step 4: Note down the provisional registration number generated by the system.
Step 5: Enter the details of the relevant entrance exam in regards to your candidature.
Step 6: Determine your applicant category, belonging to Maharashtra State or Outside Maharashtra State category.
Step 7: Check your candidature type on the basis of entered particulars.
Step 8: Select your category -General or Reserved.
Step 9: Enter your academic qualification details of grade 10th onwards.
Steps to follow post submission of details on the portal
Step 1: Validate your details to proceed for further steps.
Step 2: Upload your photo and signatures
Step 3: Modify and recheck all your details for final submission of application
Step 4: Make payment of application form through any of the modes of payment given below
Step 5: On successful payment of application fee, an e-receipt will be generated
Step 6: Take a printout of the e-receipt and the online application form.
Read more: MAH CET Application Form
MAH CET 2019 Admit Card
The applicant is required to carry the issued hall ticket with identity proof. As per the update, the coordinating body will issue the document from March 1, 2019.
How to download MAH CET 2019 Admit Card?
- Click on http://cetcell.mahacet.org/MAH-MBAMMS-CET-2019/
- Enter your login credentials
- Fill your Roll Number or Candidate login.
- To download the admit card in the PDF form enter your D.O.B or password.
Items/documents to carry on the exam date
The candidate must carry all the necessary documents to the test center in order to appear for MAH CET 2019.
- Hall ticket attached with a recent photograph
- Government issued Identity Proof
- Ballpoint Pen
- Applicant belonging to PWD category shall carry duly filled Scribe form
Acceptable ID proofs for verification (any 1 of the following)
- Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer/People’s representative
- Valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized College/ University
|Voter’s Card||Employee ID|
|Bar Council Identity Card||Aadhaar/ E-Aadhaar Card|
|Permanent Driving License||Bank Passbook with a photograph|
Discrepancy in MAH CET Admit Card
In case there is any discrepancy in the hall ticket, contact DTE Maharashtra on
Phone: 91-022-2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601 or 2269 0602
Fax. on: The applicant can also fax on 91-022-2269 2102, 2269 0007
E-mail on: email@example.com
If the Admit Card page is not accessible then it is advisable to revisit the website after 15-20 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
About MAH CET Exam Centers
- MAH CET is conducted annually across 36 cities in Maharashtra and 13 cities outside the state.
- The applicant must give his/her preference for the center at the time of form-filling.
- No request for change of venue after allocation of respective centers shall be entertained.
- Competent authority reserves the right to allot the exam centers according to the seat availability than the one he/she has opted for.
- DTE conducts the exam within the state and out of the state also.
- The allotted centers will be mentioned on the hall ticket.
- If the applicant reports after the specified reporting time on the hall ticket then, he/she will not be permitted to take the exam.
Check HereMAH CET Exam Centers
MAH CET Exam Pattern
- The time duration for MAH MBA CET is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The question paper will be objective type.
- Total number of questions will be 200
|Name of the section||Number of questions||Marks per question||Maximum marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Competition||50||1||50|
Check complete: MAH CET Exam Pattern
Marking Scheme in MAH CET
- Time slot will be of 150 minutes to answer 200 questions.
- For every correct response, +1 mark will be awarded for every correct response
- There will be no negative marking
Download Free MAH CET Sample Papers
MAH CET 2018 Analysis
- There was a major change in the question pattern of verbal ability section. The questions were based on the contextual use of Vocabulary, English Language Usage, Para completion and other topics.
- Many questions were also easier for candidates to score high in uniform marking pattern.
- Logical & Abstract reasoning had 50% weightage in the exam. Questions in Abstract reasoning were quite easy as compared to other sections.
- The Quantitative aptitude section was moderate to difficult. Out of 50 questions, more than 20 questions were on Data Interpretation and rest were based on quantitative aptitude.
NOTE: MAH CET 2019 will be conducted March 09-10, 2019. The applicants can refer to previous year question paper.
Section-wise difficulty level
|Section name||Difficulty level|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||Difficult|
MAH CET Syllabus
Given below is a brief section-wise syllabus for the management exam:
It assesses the ability skills to interpret number sequences and questions based on verbal reasoning. This section will include 75 questions from Logical reasoning and 25 questions from Abstract reasoning, will include questions from the following topics:
|Symbol-based Comparison||Linear and Circular Arrangement|
|Sequential Output||Series Completion|
|Selection Criteria||Venn Diagram|
This section covers the arithmetic problem involving ratio and proportion. This section is to assess quantitative reasoning abilities, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts. This section will include 50 questions from the following topics:
|Quantitative Reasoning||Data Sufficiency|
|Geometry||Ratio & Proportion|
|Percentage||Data Interpretation – Graphs, Charts, Tables|
This includes English language grammar and basics, to test comprehension and accuracy in the English language. This section will include 50 questions from the following topics:
|Antonyms & Synonyms||Reading Comprehension|
|Fill in the blanks||Grammar|
|Sentence completion, arrangement||Spelling/Inappropriate usage|
Read more MAH CET Syllabus
- For ease at the time revision, you can make handy notes or a comprehensive list of formulas.
- Since you are preparing for a competitive exam, a timetable is a must. You will need to put 6-8 hours in studies, with frequent breaks. So it is most prominent to make a time-table and stick to it.
- You should not prolong to-do’s and must get all your doubts cleared at regular intervals. For a ground breaking strategy it is suggested to seek guidance from a good coaching institute. It will also save your time and attempts.
- To analyze your performance as well as weak points mock tests are a bit helpful. You can take a series of mock test and track your scores. Also, mock tests will give you an extra edge in actual exams.
- A good time management strategy will always help you identify the difficulty level of the question. Time management will help you go through all the questions during exam and likewise, you will be able to divide the time equally amongst all subjects.
- Now that you have a solid and concrete plan, utilize the last 15 days before the exam for revision only. Practice and revise all the topics. The key point is to have a clear idea of the concepts that you have prepared rather than having rote learning of basics for the paper.
MAH CET Recommended Books
If you are already in the middle of preparation then, you can refer the following books:
|Name of the book||Author/Publisher|
|50+ Solved Papers||Arihant|
|Solved and Mock Papers||Arihant|
|Entrance guide for MHA MBA||Deepak Aggarwal|
|MBA Mock Papers||R. K Jha|
|Mock Papers||Disha Experts|
Section-wise books to refer for the preparation
For section-wise preparation the applicant can refer the following books:
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|Reading Comprehension||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Sarvesh. K.Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
MAH CET previous year highlights
|Count of appeared candidates||98602|
|Candidates who scored 99.99 percentile (score range 165-149)||14|
|Colleges offering admission||Around 400|
Institutes Accepting MAH CET 2019 Scores
The applicant can get admission in the following Universities/Institutes based on MBA CET scores:
- University Departments of Management Education
- University- managed Management Education Institutes
- All Government of Maharashtra Management Education Institutes
- All Un-Aided Management Education Institutes
MAHCET 2019 Result
The results for the exam was announced online on March 31, 2019. Visit the official website to check the results, released in the form of score card. Post declaration of results a merit list will be prepared and selected candidates shall be called for Counselling.
How to download MAH CET 2019 results?
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Click on MAH CET Result.
- Enter Application number, password and security code.
- Click on “view MAH CET 2019 score card”
- Score card will appear in a PDF form
- Take a printout of the same and save it for future reference.
Expected MAH CET 2019 cut-off
The MAH CET cutoff is released by each participating institute. The candidates are being allotted seats on the basis of cutoff. Various factors play a significant role in cutoff, it is decided by participant institutes depending upon difficulty level, number of appeared candidates and availability of seats.
|S.No.||Name of the Institute||Course||Cut off Marks|
|1||Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai||M. M. S||99.177|
|2||Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Business Management)||99.111|
|3||K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||M. M. S.||98.195|
|4||Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||M. M. S.||97.143|
|5||N.L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||M. M. S.||95.93|
|6||S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai||M. M. S.||95.611|
|7||University of Pune – DMS (PUMBA), Pune||M. B. A.||93.739|
|8||Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||M. M. S.||93.205|
|9||MET's Institute of Management, Mumbai||M. M. S.||91.213|
|10||Chetana's Ramprasad Khandelwal Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||M. M. S.||90.286|
|11||Indian Education Society's Management College & Research Centre, Mumbai||M. M. S.||89.57|
Check previous year MAH CET Cut off
MAH CET Counselling Process
The registration for counselling procedure of MAH CET Exam 2019 is likely to be scheduled from June 2019 onwards post declaration of results. The Centralized Admission Process will be conducted in three rounds for confirmation and allotment of seats. The counselling process is being done through Online Web Counselling only.
Stage 1: Online Registration
- All candidates who have appeared in MAH CET 2019 are required to fill in the online application form for CAP counselling registration.
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Click on the link “Counselling Procedure of MAH CET 2019 registration”.
- Enter your name, application number, roll no. date of birth and Password.
- Pay the counselling fee through online net baking.
Stage 2: Fee Submission
The counselling fee is non-refundable and has to be paid at the time of form submission only. Fee payment has to be made through online transaction only.
|Applicant category||Counselling fee|
|General category (candidates from Maharashtra and outside Maharashtra)||INR 2000|
|Candidates in reserved category||INR 1800|
Stage 3: Document verification
- Post registration, the applicant is required to get their documents verified at the Application Form Receipt Center.
- To know your ARC center, visit the official website of MAH CET.
- The applicant is required to carry a set of photocopy of all documents at the counselling venue.
- Documents required at the time of MAH CET 2019 Counselling Procedure are jotted down below:
- MAH CET Admit Card
- MAH CET Rank Card
- Class 10th and 12th certificate
- Residence proof
- Migration certificate
- Category certificate
Stage 4: Choice Filling
- Post verification of documents, the applicant is required to login their account and choose their respective college and branch.
- Once the choices have been locked, the applicant won’t be able to change them.
Stage 5: Seat Allotment
- The seat allocation is done on the basis of vacancies, rank of appeared students and choices filled by the applicants.
- To check the seat allocation result the applicant is required to login on his/her account
- On selection in any college, the applicant will be issued a provisional admission letter.
Stage 6: Reporting to Allotted Institute
- After a successful allocation of seat, the applicant is required to report to the allotted institute.
- The applicant is required to carry the seat allotment letter and all the necessary documents.
- If the candidate fails to report to the institute then, this will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.
Stage 7: Confirmation Letter
- The applicant will be provided a confirmation letter by the respective college, post completion of online Counselling Procedure.
Things to remember
- MAH CET 2019 was held on March 9 -10
- Don’t forget to carry hall ticket and valid ID proof at the exam venue.
- Duration of exam – 150 minutes
- The selected candidates are required to carry necessary documents at the time of admission into the college.
- The counselling will have 3 rounds of seat allotment.
- It is mandatory to report to the allotted institute for confirmation of admission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College