Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME) is located in Chennai and was established in 2017. The institute offers PGDM programme which is AICTE approved.
Established in 1991 under the leadership of Prof. J. Philip, former Director of IIM Bangalore, XIME currently has campuses in three strategic locations - Bangalore, Chennai, and Kochi. The PGDM programme is a two-year, full-time, residential PGDM Programme with an annual intake of 180 students at Bangalore and 120 students each at Kochi and Chennai.
Salient features of PGDM Programme
- The strategic tie-up with XLRI (in the process)
- Fully residential programme
- Diversity – Students from 23 to 25 states/UTs in each campus
- Faculty from renowned institutions - Harvard, Columbia, XLRI, IIMs etc.
- Gender equality – girls almost 50% across batches.
- International networking and linkages
- Students participation in international conferences
- International Students exchange programme – available to selected students (around 30 % of our students get this opportunity – including international conference)
- International study tour – available to all students.
- Specializations in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations, IT & Analytics, and General management.
XIME Chennai Course and Eligibility
The institute currently offers 2-years full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) course in various specializations including as:
- Human Resource
- IT and Analytics
- General Management
- Valid scores of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT/ATMA is compulsory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for all subjects taken together (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates who are appearing for their final year examination and are awaiting their results may also apply. However, they should have maintained an average of 50% marks in the degree course until then.
- They should be completing all their degree examinations before 15th June 2018. Such candidates are required to produce proof of passing the Degree examination with the minimum required marks of 50%, latest by 10th September 2018.
- Applicants who have un-cleared backlog papers in graduation are not eligible to apply.
- An entrance test score of 75 percentile and above in any of the following Entrance Tests (75% in GMAT)
- XAT - 2019
- CAT - 2018
- CMAT- 2019
- MAT - May 2018, September 2018, December 2018 & February 2019
- ATMA - May 2018, June 2018, July 2018, August 2018, December 2018 & February 2019
- GMAT- 2017, 2018 and 2019
NOTE: Only such tests in 2018-19 where results are declared latest by 23rd February 2019 will be considered.
Highlights of the Curriculum
- The curriculum is reviewed and updated at regular intervals in consultation with industry leaders, alumni, students, and faculty.
- Starts with a bridge course titled ‘Learning Circle’ to induct the new students to the field of management.
- Enables global outlook and promotes the spirit of Entrepreneurship.
- Inculcates human values and societal orientation.
- Develops soft skills, leadership skills, and written and oral communication skills.
- Compulsory exposure to a foreign language (German/French/Spanish/ Chinese).
- ‘On the Job’ training through two-month industry internship.
- Students are covered under a Group Medi-claim Policy (Rs. 2 lacs cover), and students and one earning parent are covered under a Group Personal Accident Policy (Rs. 5 Lacs cover for each insured member).
XIME Chennai Rankings
Month & Year
All India - Private Sector
MHRD, NIRF Govt of India
XIME Chennai Scholarships
Scholarships to 10% of students ranging from 20 to 60% of Fees in addition to other awards and scholarships