AIMS Test for Management School (ATMA) is conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS). It is a national level entrance exam which is conducted to select eligible candidates for various postgraduate and diploma courses.
The application process for ATMA 2021 has begun on the official website from December 21, 2020. The test will be conducted on February 14, 2021. Click here to apply for ATMA 2021
ATMA is held more than once in a year to select candidates for various courses such as MBA, MCA, PGDM etc. You can gain admission to various government and private universities through this entrance exam.
ATMA 2021 – Exam Highlights
|Release of application form||December 21, 2020|
|Last date for registration and application||February 8, 2021|
|Last date for online fee payment||February 7, 2021|
|Last date to print your application form||February 8, 2021|
|Release of admit card or hall ticket||February 10, 2021|
|ATMA 2021 exam date||February 14, 2021|
|Declaration of result||February 19, 2021|
ATMA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
ATMA 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for applying for ATMA 2021, a candidate needs to abide by the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree from a university recognized by the government of India in any stream.
- The applicant must have scored at least 50% marks in his/ her undergraduate course.
- If the candidate is in his/ her final year of graduation or the final result is awaited, he/ she is also eligible for application.
- There is no upper age limit for the exam but the candidate must be at least 21 years of age at the time of the exam.
ATMA 2021 Application Process
ATMA 2021 - Application Process
The application form for ATMA 2021 has been released in online mode on the official website from December 21, 2020.
- The candidate will need to register himself/herself through their respective email id.
- The system will automatically generate a Personal Identification Number (PID) for you and send it to your email id. Please note down this PID carefully. You will need it for all further steps of your application and admission.
- Once you have registered yourself, you will be asked to fill up your personal, educational and communication details. Be very careful while filling up the details as no changes will be allowed at a later stage.
- After you fill in your details, you will be asked to upload your passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format.
- You will also be asked to select your preferred exam centre in the form. Make sure you take a print out of the application form for future purposes.
What is the application fee for ATMA 2021?
The application fee has to be paid through online mode. You can use a debit card or credit card to make the payment. Payment through demand draft or internet banking will not be allowed. The application fee is Rs. 1100 plus 18% GST which is equivalent to a total sum of Rs. 1298. Go through your application form carefully before you make the payment because the fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. There is a concession of 25% in case of female candidates and students from North Eastern states can avail a concession of 50% in the application fee.
ATMA 2021 Exam Pattern
ATMA 2021 - Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam: It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) and will be conducted in online mode.
- Type of question: The questions will be objective in nature. The candidates will be asked to choose one correct option from Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Duration of exam: The exam will be conducted for 3 hours, that is, 180 minutes.
- Number of sections: There will be a total number of 6 sections in the question paper.
- Number of questions: The candidates will be expected to answer a total number of 180 questions in the exam.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct choice. Please note that there is negative marking for the exam. 0.25 marks will be deducted from your score for every wrong choice of answer.
Read more to find out about the specific details of the question paper, the number of marks allotted for each section and the time allotted for the same.
|Name of the Section||Maximum number of questions||Time allotted for the section|
|Analytical reasoning skills||30||30 minutes|
|Verbal skills||30||30 minutes|
|Quantitative skills||30||30 minutes|
|Analytical reasoning skills||30||30 minutes|
|Verbal skills||30||30 minutes|
|Quantitative skills||30||30 minutes|
ATMA 2021 Coaching Institutes
ATMA 2021 – Coaching Institutes
1. IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd, Begumpet, Hyderabad
This is one of the oldest institutes in Hyderabad offering training courses and programmes for Management Competitive Exams. At a time when management courses were few and far, the initiative of Mr.Rane helped bridge the gap between the city and other globally successful cities by thoroughly laying a solid foundation for management courses.
3rd Floor, Brij Jarang, Greenlands, Begumpet, Hyderabad
Pin code: 500016
Landmark: ABOVE Mebaz Showroom
2. Global Smart Infotech and Education, Royapettah, Chennai
This institute offers training programs as well as subject specific tuition programs. This is especially helpful for candidates who are usually found wanting in a particular subject. Candidates can strengthen their basics and thus view and direct improvement in their performance.
26/1, Royapettah High Road, Next To ICICI Bank, Royapettah, Chennai
Pin Code: 600014
|044 49914011||http://www.globalsmartinfo.in||Sunday - Saturday: 6.30 AM - 10.30 PM||4.8/5|
3. Summit Careers, Jaya Nagar 5th Block, Bangalore
Recognizing the uniqueness in every individual and giving sufficient personal attention to each individual is one of the primary mottos of the institution. Faculty are well trained and experts in their respective fields. Apart from coaching for competitive examinations, this institute also offers career counselling and guidance along with placement training.
No. 3, 9th Main, Shyamala American Study Institutes, Jaya Nagar 5th Block, Bangalore
|http://www.mysummitcareers.com/||Sunday - Saturday: 8 AM - 8 PM||4.3/5|
4. Eduwest Institute, Salt Lake City, Kolkata
Coached by faculty who are well versed in the current and modern trends in teaching methods, this institute is reliable when it comes to setting standards and nurturing the candidate’s potential. Career guidance, orientation and placement training is also specially provided for candidates who are interested. The staff is hard working and is committed to aid candidates in enhancing their performance in the examination.
AE-359, Sector-1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata
|http://www.eduwest.in/||Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 7 PM||4.5/5|
5. Elite Institute, C.G.Road, Ahemdabad
This premier coaching institute for management competitive examinations was set up in 2007. Setting up an atmosphere conducive to learning, the students can avail the facilities of a library that is equipped with all the necessary books, journal, magazines and more. There is also a reading room present in the institute. Every candidates gets personal attention from the experienced faculty.
No. 202, Sachet-2, Law Garden, C.G. Road, Ahmedabad
|http://www.eliteinstitute.in/||Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 7.30 PM, Saturday: 9 AM - 5 PM||4.7/5|
ATMA 2021 Syllabus
ATMA 2021 - Syllabus
Let us now undertake a detailed survey of the complete syllabus for ATMA 2021. Before you begin your preparation, it is absolutely mandatory that you are thoroughly aware of the syllabus. We will give you a thorough understanding of the syllabus according to the various sections.
- Quantitative ability and data analysis:
Ratio and Proportion, Function, Time and Work, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Quadratic Equation, Linear equation, Mensuration, Number System, Functions, Line graph, pie chart, Algorithm, Simple or Compound Interest, Problem On Ages, geometry, bar graph, Complex Numbers, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Average Theory, speed time and distance, pipes and cistern, algebra etc.
- Analytical reasoning:
Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Visual Reasoning, Verbal Logic, Arrangement of Letter, Blood relationship tests, Number Series, Direction and distance test, Statement, Linear arrangements, Strike the Odd One Out, Analogies, Analytical reasoning, Non-verbal reasoning, Statement arguments, Sequencing, Matrix arrangements, Inferences, Symbol based problems, Ranking tests, Statement assumptions etc.
- Verbal ability or language comprehension:
Word meaning, vocabulary, grammar, paragraph completion, synonym and antonym, sentence completion, jumbled sentences, reading comprehension, paragraph jumble, one word substitution etc.
ATMA 2021 Result & Cutoff
ATMA 2021 - Results & Counselling
The result of ATMA 2021 will be declared soon after the exam, in the same month of February 2021. The result will be declared in online mode. Please make a note of your user name and password when you register yourself. You will have to use the same to check your result online. You will be well advised to take a print out of your result for future purposes. You will also find the answer key of ATMA 2021 online on the official website. After the results are declared, each participating institute may have further procedures to be conducted before final selection of candidates. These supplementary processes will involve Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. It is only after these processes that institutes will finally declare the merit list of selected candidates.
ATMA 2021 Cut Off
Each participating institute will announce their cut off marks separately. Usually, all institutes have some or the other supplementary processes involved after they shortlist students through ATMA. In general, the cut off score for good institutes is within 70 and 120.
ATMA 2021 - Preparation Tips
Here are some best general tips to ensure that your preparation stays on track for ATMA 2021.
- Please check your eligibility for the exam before you start preparing for it.
- Have a knowledge of the entire syllabus to help you in your preparation.
- Please follow the previous years’ question papers to gain knowledge about the exam pattern.
- It is highly recommended that you solve previous years’ question papers to get the real feeling of the exam.
- It is also suggested that you solve mock test papers along with previous years’ question papers.
- Time is of crucial significance when you are preparing for an exam like ATMA. Make sure you start preparing early so that you do not have to leave out parts of the syllabus.
ATMA 2021 - Sectional Preparation Tips
Now let us see how you can prepare for each section of the paper.
- Quantitative ability and data analysis: Please revisit all that you learned in Mathematics for this section of ATMA. The best way to start would be to solve the questions from your class 10 and class 12 Maths text books. All your basic concepts should be clear. You must have no confusion about common formulae. Time is of utmost significance in case of clearing ATMA. So it is not enough to just know how to solve questions, you also need to know how to solve them fast. Try to learn tricks to solve questions quickly. Get enough practice to increase your speed. Regularly practice solving previous years’ question papers to improve your level of accuracy. Look at solved question papers and try to understand the logic behind the correct answer. Do not get stuck on one difficult question, move on to the next one.
- Verbal ability or language comprehension: This section is going to test your ability to comprehend English language and quiz you on your hold over the language. For this, you need to work on your vocabulary. There is no better way for that than to read more. Regularly practice questions of sentence jumble, paragraph jumble. Practice reading paragraphs and solving questions on them. Regularly read magazines and newspapers to learn word meanings, idioms and phrases. It will be even better if you can manage to read a few good novels. Refer to the grammar books you read in your middle school to improve your knowledge of basic grammar.
- Analytical reasoning: This section of ATMA is considered to be one of the most difficult ones. It is your ability for critical and logical reasoning that will be tested here. To do well in this section, it is recommended that you regularly practice solving puzzles and riddles. Practice questions on coding and decoding to improve your critical thinking. Practice reading statements and try to arrive at logical conclusions and identify fallacious logics. The key to succeed in this section is to practice as much of previous years’ question papers as you can so that you get a fair idea about the question pattern.
ATMA 2021 - Preparation Books
What are the best books to read when you are preparing for ATMA 2021? The table below provides you with a comprehensive list of the best books you should read according to the different sections of the exam.
Books for Quantitative ability and data analysis:
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S Aggarwal|
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh K Verma|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma|
|How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT||Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)|
Books for Verbal ability or Language comprehension
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|High School English Grammar and Composition||Wren & Martin|
|English is Easy||Chetananand Singh|
|Objective General English||RS Aggarwal|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
Books for Analytical Reasoning
|A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Verbal Reasoning||Bhupendra Kumar Singh|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|A New Approach to Reasoning||BS Sijwali & S Sijwali|
|Multi-Dimensional Reasoning||Mishra & Kumar and Dr.Lal|
ATMA 2021 FAQs
ATMA 2021 - FAQs
Ques: Can I change my test centre after I have filled up the application form and made the payment?
Ans: No, a change of test centre is allowed under no circumstances at a later stage. So select it carefully when you fill up the application form.
Ques: Is the registration fee refundable?
Ans: No, the registration fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
Ques: Who conducts ATMA?
Ans: ATMA is conducted by Association of Indian Management Schools.
Ques: Where can I find sample papers and previous years’ question papers for ATMA 2021?
Ans: Please visit the official website www.atmaaims.com to find sample papers and previous years’ question papers.
Ques: How much marks do I need in my Bachelor’s degree to be eligible for application?
Ans: You must have scored at least 50% marks in your undergraduate degree to be eligible for application.
Ques: What is the tentative date for ATMA 2021?
Ans: The exam is expected to be conducted in the 2nd week of February 2021.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.