Jain College of Engineering and Technology was established in the year 2007. The institute provides a Bachelor’s degree in engineering across various specializations such as Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, and Mechanical Engineering. Admissions to its courses are based on the candidates’ performance in KCET and JEE Main examination. Students can apply to the college through online mode. The college has a dedicated placement cell which helps the students in getting placed in their desired companies. Some of the top recruiters include HP, Google, Cognizant, etc.
Read More: JCET Reviews
Jain College of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2007 | Private|
|Approved By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated To||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Recognized by||Government of Karnataka|
|Entrance Exam||KCET and JEE Main|
|Courses Offered||4 courses across 1 stream|
|Admissions Criteria||Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||HP, Google, Cognizant, Amazon|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Sports Complex, Gym, Auditorium Facilities|
Jain College of Engineering and Technology Courses
Jain College of Engineering and Technology focuses on cultivating students and making them experts in the field of science. The college offers four courses across the science stream. The Institute offers Bachelor in Engineering courses to students enrolling at the institute. There are a total of 300 seats distributed across all four courses. The details of the courses are as follows:
|B.E||Streams: Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 examination in science stream with a minimum of 45% as an aggregate.
Entrance Exam: JEE Main, KCET
|B.E. (Lateral)||Streams: Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Must have completed a three-year diploma in engineering with a minimum of 45% as an aggregate.
Entrance Exam: JEE Main, KCET
Jain College of Engineering and Technology Admissions
Jain College of Engineering and Technology provides admissions based on the scores of the Entrance exams. Candidates wishing to apply to any course under Jain College must have a valid score in Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) or JEE Mains.
Minimum eligibility of 45 % is required in 10 +2 examinations. Candidates wishing to apply must have compulsorily taken Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Electronics / Computer science as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study.
Candidates who are of reserved categories are given a relaxation of 5 %. Instead of the mandatory 45%, for reserved category students, they only require 40%.
How to apply?
The application process is offline and online. Candidates will have to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for a course at Jain College of Engineering and Technology:
- Candidates must visit the official website of Jain College of Engineering and Technology (JCET).
- A blinking green tab is displayed on the top right corner of the screen. Candidates will have to click the ' Admissions Open 2020 - 2021' tab.
- Candidates will be redirected to a google form which is to be filled with all personal credentials.
- Click on submit and the application process is done.
- Admission details will be sent to the registered email address entered by the candidate.
Jain College of Engineering and Technology Placement
Jain College Of Engineering and Technology has a dedicated placement cell that offers placement services to students. The cell conducts various workshops to make the students prepared for the placement process. The previous year saw the highest package of INR 4.8 LPA.
The major recruiters that come for placement at Jain College of Engineering and Technology are:
Read More: JCET Placement
Jain College of Engineering and Technology Facilities
The college offers its students several facilities. Apart from the campus and facilities, the following are the facilities offered:
- Hostel: Boys and Girls hostels are available at the campus for students to reside.
- Gym: Gymnasium is provided for keeping a student's body and mind healthy.
- Library: A well-stocked library is provided for students to research on any topic and for gaining knowledge.
- Laboratories: Laboratory facilities are provided for practical use during practice sessions.
- Transport: Transport facilities are offered to students who live next to the vicinity or who live far away.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria provides scrumptious food to all students.
Jain College of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques: What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of admission?
Ans. Students should keep the following documents handy at the time of admission:
- Recent Passport size photographs
- 10+2/ Equivalent Marks card
- JEE Mains/ KCET Scorecard
- PH/ Caste Certificate
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate
- ID Proof
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarship opportunities to the students?
Ans. Jain College of Engineering and Technology confers scholarship schemes for meritorious students. Some of the scholarships offered at the Jain College of Engineering and Technology are as follows:
- Scholarships schemes and Fee Exemption for SC/ ST Category Students from the Department of Social welfare, Government of Karnataka.
- Scholarships/ Fee concession available for category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB Students from the Department of BackWard classes Government of Karnataka.
- Scholarships/ Fee concession available for Minority category students from the department of Minority Government of Karnataka.
Ques: What is the application mode for applying at JCET?
Ans: The application mode is online. Candidates must visit the official website and click on the admissions open 2020 - 2021 to apply. Further procedural steps will be emailed to the student's registered email.
Ques: How good are the faculties of the institute?
Ans: The institute has a bunch of well-qualified faculties. Dr. Chenraj Roychand is the director of the institute. The institute also invites many visiting faculties from many IITs and NITs.
Ques. What is the address of the institute?
Ans. The college is located in Hunchyanatti Cross, Tipu Sultan Nagar, Machhe, Belgaum, Karnataka 590014