PSG Institute of Management Coimbatore (PSGIM) is a private business school located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Founded in 1994, it is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in South India. PSGIM is one of the 23 institutions run by the PSG & Sons Charities Trust, a pioneering champion of quality education. By 1995 PSGIM had evolved into a full-fledged, autonomous management institute, affiliated to the Anna University of Tamil Nadu.
- Motto of the college is “If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow”
- PSGIM is also the first institution in India to get the Platinum Ranking International Certification by MAC International Educational Standards, Singapore. At the national level, our programs have received accreditation with NBA and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Vision of the college is “Raise the bar in management education and practice-based research engaging faculty and students to become a lead business school in India”
- Mission of the college is “To be a value based Management Institute, which aims to Enhance Institute’s visibility and ensure sustainable growth in association with industry leaders, professional bodies, and the local community”
- Students shall be encouraged by the faculty to realize their full potential by stimulating the spirit of inquiry and acquisition of knowledge
- Main Hostel is having two types of rooms 3 in 1 and 4 in 1.The fees structure is various for each type of rooms. For ladies hostel the fees structure is different. Separate fees for Accommodation and Mess.
- PSG Institute of Management is celebrating 50 years of Management Education this year.
PSGIM has signed MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with many international universities-
- San Diego State University's Center for International Business Education and Research (SDSU CIBER)
- University of TOLEDO
- Alliance Francaise of Madras
- National Stock Exchange
Total number of Companies in 2012-13
Highest salary in Domestic
Salary of Top 100 Placement
Facilities -Any facility in the world can be had for a price. But good Education is priceless.
Journals(National and International)
Extracurricular Activities -
- World Community Grid- To make this vision a reality, PSG Institute of Management (PSGIM), Coimbatore has become a partner of World Community Grid (WCG), joining the IBM Corporation and a group of more than 400 companies, associations, foundations, nonprofits, government agencies and academic institutions. PSGIM is the first academic institution from South Asia to partner with World Community Grid.
- PSGIM has started the ‘The Breakfast Club’, an initiative to provide breakfast to an identified 90 children from PSG Sarvajana School. These children were unable to afford a healthy breakfast.
- Lenz & Clickz- It is a photography club.
- Vox Populi- Vox Populi organized by 1st-year students of PGDM, is more a music festival than a musical event because it has many different objectives than singing. Vox Populi means ‘the voice of people’, and the term voice not only refers to the tone but also the determination, confidence, and coordination
- International Culture Show- The first year students of PSGIM were given a mini project as part of their Communication and Presentation Techniques course. The objective of the project was to gain cross-cultural insights pertaining to emerging economies across the globe
- Samyog 2013- An event where HR students from top B-schools in the southern region congregated to celebrate this glorious day honoring HR professionals by locking horns in a skill fest that tested their abilities to the maximum extent.
04 (Region wise)