Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (IHM) Chennai, was founded in 1963. It is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. The institute is affiliated to NCHMCT, Noida, and IGNOU, New Delhi. It offers B.Sc., M.Sc., Diploma, PG Diploma, and Certification courses in various disciplines of Hotel Management.
IHM Chennai Highlights
|Affiliation||NCHMCT Noida and IGNOU, New Delhi|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance-based|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Entrance Exam||NCHM-JEE for B.Sc. and M.Sc.|
IHM Chennai Ranking
Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Chennai is consistently rated among the top hotel management institutes in India. Below are some of the statistics:
IHM Chennai Courses
The Institute offers B.Sc., M.Sc., Diploma, Post-diploma, and certificate courses. Given below are highlights of the courses:
Read more: IHM Chennai Courses and Fees
IHM Chennai Admission
Admission to B.Sc. & M.Sc. courses will be purely based on the merit of the NCHMCT JEE score. The cut-off marks for the courses will be declared by IHMCT.
The selection of candidates for Diploma, PG Diploma & Certificate courses will be on the basis of merit.
How to apply?
For B.Sc and M.Sc Courses:
- Visit the website of the NHMCT.
- Fill up the application form for counselling.
- Select the IHM Chennai
- Pay the fee of counselling form online.
- Keep a print copy of the filled form for further reference.
- Appear for admission on the scheduled date.
For Diploma, PG Diploma, and Certification Courses:
- Visit the institute’s official website
- Download the application form.
- Candidates can also collect the form from the institute’s admission desk.
- Fill up the application form
- Submit it to the institute office.
Read more: IHM Chennai Admission
IHM Chennai Placement
The institute organizes campus recruitment for all its courses. The students get employment in the Hotels, Industrial Catering Establishments, Restaurants, Airlines, Railway Catering, Guesthouses, hospitals etc.
Many well-reputed organizations hire quality students from this institute. Some of the top recruiters are Starwood Asia Pacific, Domino’s Pizza, Café Coffee Day, Lemon Tree, Hilton, ITC Maratha, Hyatt, Jet Airways, Mc Donald’s, Madura Garments & more
Read more: IHM Chennai Placement
IHM Chennai Facilities
- Hostels: The college provides hostels for male and female. The hostels have spacious rooms and all facilities
- Library: The college has a library with a good collection of books, digital library content, photocopying facility & internet facility
- Computer Labs: There are computer labs for students where they can acquire knowledge and improve skills
- Canteen: The college offers a canteen facility with adequate sitting capacity where students can have a wide variety of meals at an affordable price.
- Internet: There is internet access facility for the students on the campus
Read more: IHM Chennai Hostel
IHM Chennai FAQs
Ques. Is there any age limit for the B.Sc. program?
Ans. Yes, the candidates must not be more than 25 years of age
Ques. Is the institute ISO Certified?
Ans. Yes, the institute is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institute.
Ques. How much I need to pay as a hostel fee?
Ans. The annual hostel fee is INR 60,000 all-inclusive. However, the rights to a revision of the hostel fee structure remain in the hands of the institute and the fee is subject to change if called upon by the college.
Ques. What is the intake capacity for the M.Sc. program?
Ans. There are 25 seats in total for M.Sc.
Ques. Is there any Reservation of seats?
Ans. Yes, Reservations are available SC, ST, OBC, Physically Disabled candidates according to the rules of the Government of India