Darjeeling Government College was established in 1948 and it is affiliated to University of North Bengal. The college is situated at the foothills of the eastern sub-himalayan region at an altitude of 2134 meters. The college offers the under graduate courses with honours and post graduate courses. The college is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Darjeeling Government College and the Bose Institute of Kolkata for executing mutual co-operation in scientific research, particularly in such areas, which might have relevance in local context.
- Department of Nepali
- Department of English
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Geography
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Bengali
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- National Service Scheme
- National Cadet Corps
- Student Union
- The College library is very well equipped with more than 35, 000 of books covering almost all the subjects that are being taught in the college.
- All students of the college are given access to the vast collection text books, magazines, journals and publications available in the college library
- The college provide separate hostel facilities for boys and girls
- The College has four hostels one hostel available for boys and three hostels available for girls