Maharashtra MTech Admissions 2021-22 in Maharashtra is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra. As DTE Maharashtra does not conduct a separate Entrance Exam for M.Tech, GATE 2020 or GPAT Score will be valid for M.Tech Admissions.
For Admission, DTE Maharashtra releases a list of meritorious candidates as per GATE score. Candidates having their names in the list will be allocated seats in 3 rounds of counselling. In case of any remaining seats, an additional round can also be conducted. DTE Maharashtra will also release a category-wise seat Matrix before every round and after successful counselling candidates are required to lock their choices to secure a seat.
Check the complete information of M.Tech admission 2021 including eligibility, Counselling Process, application form, etc. in this article. Also check the Top MTech Colleges in Maharashtra.
Application form for DTE Maharashtra M.Tech admissions can be filled online. Get the direct link for Maharashtra MTech Admission.
Maharashtra M.Tech Admissions 2021 Important Dates
|1||Starting date of online registration||December 11, 2020|
|2||Last date of submission of online form||December 30, 2020 up to 11:59 PM|
|3||Documents verification for admission||December 31, 2020 up to 5:00 PM|
|4||Provisional merit list for Maharashtra State/All India candidates||January 1, 2021|
|5||Submission of grievance by Candidates, if any||January 2 to January 3, 2021 up to 5:00 PM|
|6||Release of Final Merit list||January 5, 2021|
Maharashtra M.Tech Admissions 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the DTE Maharashtra M.Tech Admissions 2021, it is of paramount importance to check if the candidate is eligible for admission. The detailed eligibility criteria is illustrated below:
- Applicants must have a B.E/B. Tech degree in the applicable order from an AICTE recognized institution. With a minimum of 55% aggregate and for SC/ST/OBC minimum 50%
- Applicants must have a valid GATE/GPAT score.
- Applicant should be a resident of India.
|S.No||Type of Candidate||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Type A||Applicants should hold a Domicile of State of Maharashtra & should have passed 10/ HSC/ Diploma in Engineering/Technology from any school/organization in Maharashtra.|
|2||Type B||Parents of Type A, has to be a resident of Maharashtra state|
|3||Type C||Candidates (who don’t fall under Type A and B) whose parent is Employee of Government of India and is posted in Maharashtra before the last date of submission of application form|
|4||Type D||Applicants (Excluding Type A, B and C) whose guardians are Employee to Government of Maharashtra/Government of Maharashtra Undertaking|
|5||Type E||Applicants who have Diploma/HSC in Engineering or Pharmacy and have completed the degree from a perceived establishment in Maharashtra|
How to Apply for Maharashtra M.Tech Admissions 2021?
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra will release the application form for M.Tech program in online mode. Application forms can be filled by visiting http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/.
The step wise process to fill the DTE Maharashtra Application Form is mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration – Firstly, the candidate has to register and fill the necessary details like First Name, Last name, Parents name, DOB, Mobile number, gender, valid email id, nationality, etc. The candidate will receive an application ID after a successful registration.
Step 2: Fill the application form – Applicants should enter the various required personal and Academic information.
Step 3: Payment of Fee- After filling all the required information, applicants will have to pay the application price of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 in online mode using credit/debit card or Net Banking.
DTE Maharashtra M.Tech Admissions Application Fee Structure
|General Categories candidates||INR 1000|
|Reserved category candidates in Maharashtra State – Backward Class Categories [SC/ ST/ VJ/ DTNT (A) / NT(B) / NT(C)/ NT(D)/ OBC/ SBC] and Persons with Disability||INR 800|
Maharashtra M.Tech Admissions 2021 Merit List
DTE Maharashtra will firstly release their provisional merit list on their official website. Candidates will be allowed to submit their grievances if any for the provisional merit list. After submission, DTE will release the final merit list of Maharashtra MTech 2020.
Maharashtra M.Tech Merit List will be prepared on the basis of GATE 2021 scores and the academic merit of the candidates. All the eligible candidates will be assigned a merit number or ranking.
Steps to check Maharashtra M.Tech Merit List 2021
All the candidates can follow the following steps to check Maharashtra M.Tech merit list 2021.
- Visit the official website of DTE
- Click on the merit list link.
- Enter your Application Number and Date of birth.
- The merit list will be displayed on the screen.
Maharashtra M.Tech Admissions: Counseling Process
DTE Maharashtra will conduct 3 rounds of counselling i.e. CAP 1, Cap 2, Cap3. The authorities will release the category-wise seat merit list before each CAP round.
In each round of the counselling process, candidates have to follow the given process:
- Confirm the seat in via confirmation form of CAP 1/CAP 2/ CAP 3 round
- After 2 days provisional merit list of respective round will be displayed
- Candidates have to report at Admission Reporting Centre(ARC) as per seat allotment in the respective round
- Candidates with allotted institute have to submit required valid documents and pay fee after the respective round.
- Candidates who have been allotted the seat as per their first preference in Round I (auto freezed) must report to ARC. Such candidates shall not be eligible for participation in subsequent Rounds.
- Candidates who have allotted other than first preference and self freezed their seat in Round I must report to ARC. Such candidates shall not be eligible for participation in subsequent Rounds.
- Candidates who have allotted other than first preference and want betterment in the subsequent rounds must claim the allotted seat by reporting to ARC for betterment.
Maharshtra M.Tech Facilitation Centers List
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon, S.S.G.M.C.E Campus, Khamgaon Road
- Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology and Research, Amravati
- Sipna Shikshan Prasarak Mandal College of Engineering and Technology, Amravati
- Dr. Rajendra Gode Institute of Technology and Research, Amravati
- Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded
- Deogiri Institute of Engineering and Management Studies, Aurangabad
- M.S. Bidve Engineering College, Latur
- Usha Mittal Institute of Technology SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- K.J.Somaiya College of Engineering, Vidyavihar, Mumbai
- Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering, Kopar Khairane, Navi Mumbai
- Government College of Engineering, Chandrapur
- Ankush Shikshan Sanstha’s G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering Research and Technology Chandrapur
- Shramsadhana Bombay Trust, College of Engineering and Technology, Jalgaon
- Sinhgad Technical Education Society, Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Pratishthan’s D.Y.Patil College of Engineering, Pune
- Modern Education Society’s College of Engineering, Pune
- Bhagwant Institute of Technology, Barshi
- K. J.’s Educational Institute Trinity College of Engineering and Research
Maharashtra M.Tech Cutoff 2021
The cutoff for top 4 institutes of DTE Maharashtra is given below:
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur.
|Computer Sciences and Engineering|
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engg|
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engg|
Ques. How can I apply for Maharashtra M.Tech 2021?
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria of Maharashtra M.Tech 2021?
Ques. How can I check the Maharashtra M.Tech 2021 merit list?
Ques. What is the application fee for Maharashtra M.Tech admission 2021 for General category candidates?